Robert8

Disney Princesses 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m hoping that this rumored Cinderella castle could include another princess other than Cindy. If we are getting another one in the set it’s either snow or poca. I can’t see Merida being included and rapunzel is popular enough to get a set on her own. As I said in the 2020 speculation I’m thinking this wave will have a crossover aspect. Similar to the palace pets wave. Altho I have been noticing that they rarely do in movie buildings now. I mean look at Ariel’s castle from this year, it never appears in the movie technically. Or the celebration set includes just buildings that vaguely represent the in movie locations. I do think that the frozen 2 wave will be different and take a more movie accurate approach

Edited by Rambo260

16 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

The moment I saw that chameleon I instantly thought about pascal. But I’m not sure if lego considers it not friends enough 

All the animal moulds that were introduced for the Disney Princess aren’t that Friends like i.e. Sebastian, Flounder and Jasmine’s dove. I don’t think they’ll have a problem using this as Pascal as they don’t seem to mind sacrificing a tiny bit of cuteness for more accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I’m hoping that this rumored Cinderella castle could include another princess other than Cindy. If we are getting another one in the set it’s either snow or poca. I can’t see Merida being included and rapunzel is popular enough to get a set on her own.

As I said in the 2020 speculation I’m thinking this wave will have a crossover aspect. Similar to the palace pets wave. Altho I have been noticing that they rarely do in movie buildings now. I mean look at Ariel’s castle from this year, it never appears in the movie technically. Or the celebration set includes just buildings that vaguely represent the in movie locations. I do think that the frozen 2 wave will be different and take a more movie accurate approach

The Cinderella set will probably have Prince Charming and some new animal print for Bruno, Major or one of the mice. Seeing as we’re getting half the princesses in the first wave I don’t think it’s too hard to imagine us getting the other half in Summer.

Merida also hasn’t been in a set since 2014 so why all us older fans want Pocahontas I’m sure most kids equally want Merida. :P

12 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I don't know if they will, considering the... controversial nature of that subject.

As long as Disney keeps Pocahontas in the Princess line up they’ll continue to make merchandise for her. 

13 hours ago, illian420 said:
  • 43170 Moana’s Ocean Adventure - 46 pieces
  • 43173 Auroras Royal Carriage - 62 pieces
  • 43174 Mulan’s Storybook Adventures - 124 pieces
  • 43176 Ariel’s Storybook Adventures - 105 pieces 
  • 43177 Belle’s Storybook Adventures - 111 pieces
  • 43178 Cinderella’s Castle Celebration - 168 pieces, 4+

So far we are missing Pocahontas, Merida, Rapunzel, and Snow White right? They're really giving us almost all the princesses this year coinciding with Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary.
Jasmine had stuff this year and there's the huge Frozen bang of lego in the Fall. We had Tiana this year too, but I don't see why we couldn't have her again. Her bit was tiny. 
Rapunzel hits 10 years, Pocahontas hits 25 (they have to do something for her!), Cinderella hits 70 yrs. Merida only hits 8 yrs and Snow White hits 83. 

Maybe Rapunzel and Pocahontas will get a Celebration set of their own? The Cindy Celebration is half the size of the trio Celebration set from this year. 

Whatever is done, just hoping they give us Aurora in Blue.  Not thrilled about the carriage for her, but her in blue would be awesome. Oh and a worthy Pocahontas set.

Going back to Frozen. Little People has two new frozen sets coming out. The typical ice castle with Elsa and Olaf and this double sled which we see a glimpse of in the trailer. I'm still holding out that one of the frozen sets is a double sled! :D So cute. Excuse my excitedness. :laugh::look:

Image result for little people frozen

Aurora’s carriage will more than likely use the carriage mould from 10762 Stephanie’s Horse Carraige, explaining its small piece count.

I think that sleigh is based off the first Frozen film and they took some creative liberties, Frozen 2 merchandise isn’t supposed to release until October and Disney is really strict about things not being sold or leaked early.

43 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

I think that sleigh is based off the first Frozen film and they took some creative liberties, Frozen 2 merchandise isn’t supposed to release until October and Disney is really strict about things not being sold or leaked early.

Nothing with new characters have been released. Fisher Price hasn't done Frozen specific sets, only generic Disney Princess castle. It does kinda look like the First frozen sled, but they made it double the seating like the new carriage we see in the trailer. hmm. 

Edited by illian420

1 hour ago, illian420 said:

Nothing with new characters have been released. Fisher Price hasn't done Frozen specific sets, only generic Disney Princess castle. It does kinda look like the First frozen sled, but they made it double the seating like the new carriage we see in the trailer. hmm. 

I think that was wishful thinking on your part, the packaging of the product is all Frozen 1 based. :P

Nice observation of the double sleigh though, I didn’t notice it in the trailer! I would assume we’re getting a set with it. 

I’m thinking they will use the long skirt that they use for the friends moms and a cape, but I’m not really sure. Also I just saw more pictures about frozen 2, one of which was a coloring book that had drawings of a new male character, the horse version of the nokk and (POSSIBLE SPOILER HERE)

Spoiler

Anna surrounded by leaves almost as if she was controlling them

To continue on Rambo’s point, there was this post on Instagram that shows off 5 new characters.

Personally I think it’s unlikely we’re going to get 7 minidolls plus Sven, Olaf, the Nook and the gecko across six sets, but hopefully we’ll get most of them. Perhaps the two unnamed DP sets from next year will be more Frozen sets? With this many characters plus the trolls and the two Caucasian characters we saw in the trailer who aren’t featured in the board game, I can see them creating many more sets. Anna and Elsa also seem to have a myriad of new outfits which hopefully means we’ll get lots of exclusive outfits for sets! :grin_wub:

Edited by Soupperson1

I’m hoping we get the white haired girl, she’s so cool. But if I had to choose a character that we are most likely to get its the older looking guy with the green suit since he seems quite important. I can’t wait anymore to see these sets. When do you guys think we will get images? Early September?

Does anyone know when the Frozen 2 sets will be released? I've seen a couple of sites claiming they'll get merchandising by the end of august but Disney's release date for merch is Oct, 4...

Not sure if Disney will be shoehorning this one into their Disney Princesses pantheon, but in regards to possibilities for 2020...

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Screen Rant - Raya and the Last Dragon: First Details for Disney's New Animated Film

Disney-Raya-and-the-Last-Dragon-logo.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=798&h=407

Written by Adele Lim (Crazy Rich Asians), Raya and the Last Dragon follows Raya (Steele), "a lone warrior from the fantasy kingdom of Kumandra who teams up with a crew of misfits in her quest to find the Last Dragon and bring light and unity back to their world". Awkwafina is lending her voice to Sisu, the Last Dragon, who was left behind on earth by the other dragons "in case dark forces return to the world". Disney story artists Paul Briggs and Dean Wellins (Frozen, Big Hero 6) are making their directorial debut on the film, with Osnat Shurer (Moana) producing. The project's D23 presentation confirmed it was heavily inspired by Southeast Asian myths, with places like Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia being studied for research by its creative team.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not sure if Disney will be shoehorning this one into their Disney Princesses pantheon, but in regards to possibilities for 2020...

Ooh I hope so. Looking at the concept art I could see them making Sisu the dragon in a similar style to the Elves dragons/creatures, and it'd be great to get more diversity in the princess line-up.

This line is technically not just Disney Princess centric, I can see Raya being the first non princess (other than Moana, Anna and Elsa) to get a set. Hopefully Alice, Tinkerbell and Wendy will follow. :purrr:

I would kill for an Alice minidoll set, and it would be pretty easy to make one, they have the hairpiece(or they could use an hairpiece with a mini pin bow) , they have a good hat from the series 18 mini figures for the mad hatter(altho it doesnt have hair) and they even have a proper tea cup piece now. I think it’s not likely though since Alice and Wendy are not in any present franchise that is not their own ,and unfortunately their are not as recognized as much as the frozen and Moana ones. I think tinker bell does have a chance though, she is an icon for Disney and has a pretty big franchise. As for Raya I’m pretty sure we are gonna get two sets, similar to Moana’s. 

Edited by Rambo260

I don’t think it’s guaranteed that we’re getting sets for Raya as it looks like she’s not intended  to join the princess line, which Moana, Elsa and Anna were. My point was if we do get sets for this movie it could open the doors to other non Princess movies getting sets.

Hopefully next year we’re going to get our first Pocahontas minidoll and complete the line up of princesses, but then what’s next for this line? The villain sets didn’t seem very popular as they haven’t continued such. I guess we could get princes for each of the princesses, as they’ve been included in sets nearly every year of this theme’s existence. I’m not sure we’re going to get any new princes next year basing it of the piece counts of the sets. It’s likely were just going to get our fourth Prince Charming. I can see kids being less likely wanting to collect all the princes as Merida, Elsa and Moana don’t have them. 

My idea to keep this theme going is having a set based off a different disney movie in each wave. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility as many hair moulds already exist. Since my initial post I’ve thought of Jessie and Violet (or Mrs. Incredible, if she’s more popular). Small sets on those characters and other non princesses could be good introductions into different play styles.    

So, totally unexpected and awesome Frozen II leaks! Here’s my thoughts;

The treehouse and Arendelle castle are the clear standouts of the line. Very interested to know who the guy in the treehouse is, possibly a love interest for Elsa? I’m also seeing standing runestones in the background of the treehouse set, definitely potential there for MOCs. The castle is simple but elegant, and looks like a major improvement over the old Arendelle castle.

The ice music box set with Elsa and the horse made of ice looks cute, but I’m not really sure what it does; I’ll reserve judgement because it looks good but it doesn’t look like it’s really minifig-scaled, more like a human sized music box with Elsa as a decoration. Also, on that topic, I love the new outfits for Elsa and Anna, with the gorgeous black robes for Anna and the lovely new short skirt and boots mold for Elsa. And then we have a Star Wars-style brickbuilt statue of Olaf . . not a fan, honestly. It’s cute, but . . eh. Speaking of Olaf, though, the new minifig-scale design for him is sweet! Shame it only comes in two sets.

Then we have the 4+ sets . . eh, what are you gonna do, it’s 4+. The only interest8ng thing there is the set with Sven and a little reindeer . . is Sven going to be a daddy in the new movie? Awesome!

I’m almost definitely getting the treehouse, as I already got Elsa’s ice palace and the sleigh set with Kristoff and Sven a while back and the treehouse set conveniently comes with the new character and the new Olaf (which is really bare minimum that I need). Probably the Arendelle castle too, but I’ll wait and see some reviews. The rest I’ll pass on unless something’s revealed about them that changes my mind. 

Does anyone know the release date?

I like the majority of the builds. Arendelle and the tree house are exceptional. And the color selection across the board is spectacular. I will certainly be picking most of these up. :thumbup:

Olaf has a great new body piece mold which was well needed and I think Anna's new variant is really nice (particularly the cape). But uuuuugh! That Elsa! :sick: Her shoreline variant is just not good enough. White boots? It's just way too bright and loud to match the subtle look we've seen from the trailers so far. I'm really really disappointed in that. And we only seem to get one new minidoll character? I really like the Disney Princess line, but the fact that every set has the same two or three characters makes it really discouraging to continue to collect. 

But overall, a very good wave. :thumbup:

I think these sets all look fine, nothing is spectacular. If these weren’t frozen sets I think I’d likely skip on them if these prices remained, some of them are atrocious! The treehouse is my favourite set, but that one probably has the worst price. XP 

I believe there’s seven new moulds in total for the line. I think Anna’s hair will be the first of which to make its way into other sets. I’d love to see that in different colours! The new window in the jewelry set could possibly show up in next years Cinderella’s castle too. 

6 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Olaf has a great new body piece mold which was well needed and I think Anna's new variant is really nice (particularly the cape). But uuuuugh! That Elsa! :sick: Her shoreline variant is just not good enough. White boots? It's just way too bright and loud to match the subtle look we've seen from the trailers so far. I'm really really disappointed in that. And we only seem to get one new minidoll character? I really like the Disney Princess line, but the fact that every set has the same two or three characters makes it really discouraging to continue to collect. 

But overall, a very good wave. :thumbup:

I too like Olaf’s new body, even if the hair is still missing! I’m a little saddened were loosing the building aspect of him though. One thing I noticed about him is one of his stones is hollow, I wonder what that oppening is for?

I don’t think the Elsa is that bad. Sure aqua or light royal blue would’ve worked better, but whites okay. What I think is more annoying is that they still haven’t made a more accurate hairpiece. I wish the braid would fall over her shoulder like the minifigure’s one does. I think that would’ve been a great use of the new moulds budget. :sweet:

The lack of new characters is surly to avoid spoilers. I think it’s very likely this line will continue into next year and feature new characters in new waves. I do agree with you though, I can’t imagine the canoe set selling well. The builds are subpar and both Anna and Olaf appear in the treehouse. That bunny has appeared in like seven Friends sets too, which I imagine most little girls would have a few of. It’s not even that cheap that I can see parents picking it up for their kids to test out the line, it’s $20! In fairness the other sets aren’t awful for kids as they at least have an exclusive character each.

Probably one of the best Disney waves in years but I think could’ve been executed a little bit better.

tree house: probably my favorite, I will buy this as soon as possible. I was right about the new older caracter getting a minidoll (which I’m happy about since it’s the first proper dark skinned adult face). Not sure how to feel about this new skirt piece that Anna and Elsa are using but I like the outfit overall. The hairpiece is a nice addition but Anna’s face......... it really doesn’t fit anna in my opinion but it’s not a big deal. The build is nice and I’m loving all the orange leaves.

arendelle castle: at first I didn’t even recognize it honestly, i assumed it was another castle mainly because of the background. The build is nice but I think it’s a bit to bland and lacks some character on the outside. The inside is just meh except for the lovely new bed and the portrait with the parents. Unpopular opinion but I might like the frozen fever one more. The minidolls are all excellent here.

jewellery box: a definite standout with the icy color scheme but other the the new amazing water horse the rest is just meh

the wagon: while the build for the wagon is very disappointing in my opinion, this set is kinda cute. I’m happy Sven is back and it seems with he has son now. The little reindeer is very cute. But I do not like the weird printed forest on that wall piece I mean cmon lego.

the canoe: this one is honestly just meh, the Canoe is cute I guess

the giant Olaf: for what it is he’s actually super cute. I could see this being a very cute Christmas decoration for some reason:grin:

I'm personally a little underwhelmed. If I want a new Olaf, I'll probably get the canoe set. His body looks much better, but they could've updated his head and given a new expression.

The arendelle set, while nice, the outside doesn't wow me like the celebration set for Arendelle. It does have some interesting pieces on the interior. The outside reminded me too much of the Hogwarts castle with just a touch of color. I do like how the roof and middle floor pop off though. Not sure if I'll get it or not or try to just get extra pieces.

the tree house looks nice, but i'll probably wait to see what the princess sets are for next year before purchasing anything from this wave.

(the brickfan link stopped working. not sure if they got a slap on the list or what.)