Robert8

Disney Princesses 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

...one of many Disney's reportedly tinkered with over the years. First it was the scraped Japanese-inspired Order of Seven adaptation, then the yet-to-be-confirmed Rose Red "backstory" sequel(ish) purportedly staring Brie Larson, now finally just settling on a straight-up remake of the '37 classic (again). :wacko:

If you want an interesting live action of it, look up Snow White: A Tale of Terror with Sigourney Weaver as the Queen. Loved the different touches to the story that they added. I wouldn't want a straight up remake of the original. I think they've done best with the Cinderella remake and changing it up just enough while sticking to the core story. 

10 hours ago, illian420 said:
12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

...one of many Disney's reportedly tinkered with over the years. First it was the scraped Japanese-inspired Order of Seven adaptation, then the yet-to-be-confirmed Rose Red "backstory" sequel(ish) purportedly staring Brie Larson, now finally just settling on a straight-up remake of the '37 classic (again). :wacko:

If you want an interesting live action of it, look up Snow White: A Tale of Terror with Sigourney Weaver as the Queen. Loved the different touches to the story that they added.

Weird, I'm really quite baffled that I've never heard of that cinematic adaptation before... :wacko:

On 6/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Weird, I'm really quite baffled that I've never heard of that cinematic adaptation before... :wacko:

Haha. I think I'd somehow come across it as a random movie on regular tv as a teen in the 90's. It's got Sam Neill in it too as the father. It's definitely darker. It will be interesting to see what they do with a live action for her. Snow White doesn't get as much attention as the other princesses.

The same goes for Mulan. Her set was tiny. My local TRU up here still has a big stock in Mulan's mini set. They haven't priced it down to even make it worth buying to get the minifigure. I've been undecided on getting it. They ripped us off with a tiny inclusion of Tiana in that celebration set. It at least looks cute. I'm hoping that if they do more Mulan and maybe Pocahontas we don't get ripped off with something tiny or less interesting.

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/430706 -  random moc of a pocahontas and grandmother willow set. I would want it to be more colorful. Here's hoping.

That moc is cute but teal or blue branches would be more interesting, especially since the movie has very stylized trees.

While I understand the lack of poca, tiana and mulan because they are more underrated I can’t understand the absence of Snow White. I would say she is even more popular than aurora . 

Edited by Rambo260

6 hours ago, illian420 said:

Snow White doesn't get as much attention as the other princesses.

5 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

While I understand the lack of poca, tiana and mulan because they are more underrated I can’t understand the absence of Snow White. I would say she is even more popular than aurora.

Heh, tell be about it, she's only the titular character of cinematic history's first-ever feature-length animated feature, yet her representation within Lego's products amounts to nothing more than a single Juniors set so far... :def_shrug:

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, tell be about it, she's only the titular character of cinematic history's first-ever feature-length animated feature, yet her representation within Lego's products amounts to nothing more than a single Juniors set so far... :def_shrug:

That poor little junior set was too basic for her. Cinderella and Ariel get so much attention. Aurora too. Maybe Maleficent 2 will bring another Aurora set. 

As mentioned before, I'd love to see them do her cottage. I have fisher price's Snow White little people cottage with all the dwarfs. It's super cute. Would love it in lego form. I'm not hopeful for it. They did a smaller house for Cinderella

Really hoping for a build and swap of Belle's castle. I think it's more likely they'll do that. I love the build and swap cinderella castle and add ons

4 minutes ago, illian420 said:

As mentioned before, I'd love to see them do her cottage.

There is one on Lego Ideas (not mine), which seems to be doing well with the votes.  I would certainly love to have a Snow White Lego set.

Set 1 : 41164 - 49.90E, 6+

Set 2 : 41165 - 19.95E, 4+

Set 3 : 41166 - 29.95E, 4+

Set 4 : 41167 - 79.90E, 5+ (Arendelle Castle maybe?)

Set 5 : 41168 - 39.90E, 6+

Set 6 : 41169 - 14.90E, 6+

Set 7 : 41172 - Elsa's Magical Ice Palace - Includes pcs TBA, Minidolls: Elsa, Anna, Olaf - 72.90E (age not found)

Thought ya'll might find this interesting to ponder as we wait. I don't know how accurate those age ranges will be, but they were listed on one site.

Came across another site with a pdf listing all their new frozen 2 toys. Almost every single toy for Frozen comes out 10/4 or a few days later. Hasbro has a big priced Arendelle Castle at 214E and a 'nave castello' at 69E... ship castle?? Did that translate correctly? Could we maybe have a ship lego for Frozen 2 like Hasbro appears to be releasing if that translated right?? After searching the barcode, another site called it Frozen 2 - nonfeature castle ship in english. Nave also translates to nature in German.

https://www.migame.fi/tuote/583412/frozen_2_-_non_feature_castle_ship/

I still think the other big set will be Arendelle. I hope it is at least. I didn't get the Arendelle Celebration. 

There are also two toys called 'sing and swing olaf' and ' spring and surprise olaf' to ponder over for maybe an Olaf set.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:25 AM, illian420 said:

Set 1 : 41164 - 49.90E, 6+

Set 2 : 41165 - 19.95E, 4+

Set 3 : 41166 - 29.95E, 4+

Set 4 : 41167 - 79.90E, 5+ (Arendelle Castle maybe?)

Set 5 : 41168 - 39.90E, 6+

Set 6 : 41169 - 14.90E, 6+

Set 7 : 41172 - Elsa's Magical Ice Palace - Includes pcs TBA, Minidolls: Elsa, Anna, Olaf - 72.90E (age not found)

Thought ya'll might find this interesting to ponder as we wait. I don't know how accurate those age ranges will be, but they were listed on one site.

Came across another site with a pdf listing all their new frozen 2 toys. Almost every single toy for Frozen comes out 10/4 or a few days later. Hasbro has a big priced Arendelle Castle at 214E and a 'nave castello' at 69E... ship castle?? Did that translate correctly? Could we maybe have a ship lego for Frozen 2 like Hasbro appears to be releasing if that translated right?? After searching the barcode, another site called it Frozen 2 - nonfeature castle ship in english. Nave also translates to nature in German.

https://www.migame.fi/tuote/583412/frozen_2_-_non_feature_castle_ship/

I still think the other big set will be Arendelle. I hope it is at least. I didn't get the Arendelle Celebration. 

There are also two toys called 'sing and swing olaf' and ' spring and surprise olaf' to ponder over for maybe an Olaf set.

The age ranges are accurate as other sites have listed such. 

Im interested to see if they stick to the old faces as the rerelease of 41172 still use Naomi’s/Stephanie’s faces for Anna and Elsa. That would mean they’re probably sticking to the old Elsa braid instead of creating a new one similar to the one found on the minifigure. Olaf’s also in that set using his old headpiece, though I think we all badly want a new Olaf head with his hair.

I wonder how many unique characters we’ll get across this wave? I hope it’s not just one or two new characters and the rest have Anna and Elsa in new outfits. Hopefully we’ll see our first Disney Princess set with 3 minidolls. 

On 6/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, illian420 said:

That poor little junior set was too basic for her. Cinderella and Ariel get so much attention. Aurora too. Maybe Maleficent 2 will bring another Aurora set. 

As mentioned before, I'd love to see them do her cottage. I have fisher price's Snow White little people cottage with all the dwarfs. It's super cute. Would love it in lego form. I'm not hopeful for it. They did a smaller house for Cinderella

Really hoping for a build and swap of Belle's castle. I think it's more likely they'll do that. I love the build and swap cinderella castle and add ons

I’ll be shocked if they don’t give us a new Aurora set next year. She wears a blue dress in parts of the film, so maybe we’ll get the animated blue dress. Phillip and her pet owl would be lovely inclusions too. I’m not sure if they’d give us another castle or a forest scene with the cottage, though that would push another Snow White set back even further. 

I think Merida and Moana are more likely than Snow White as their sets came out before hers. I can see either of them getting the smallest set in the wave if it doesn’t go to Pocahontas. Speaking of which, I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets stuck in an anniversary set with Cinderella and Rapunzel. I think it’s worth noting the new kayak piece fits minidolls fine and recoloured in brown would work fine as Pocahontas’ kanoe.

A build and swap of Belle’s Castle seems likely, though it’ll probably be smaller if we get a big Arendelle Castle in the Frozen 2 line. Hopefully it will have a bigger library than the last. XP 

On a somewhat unrelated side-note more pertaining to next year, is anyone expecting to see these two upcoming films influence 2020's offerings?

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

On a somewhat unrelated side-note more pertaining to next year, is anyone expecting to see these two upcoming films influence 2020's offerings?

I don't really know. The live action Aladdin came out and didn't have too much influence on this years sets (I really expected Abu or a mini-doll Genie at least). Also, with the darker less vibrant style Mulan seems to be going, I'm unsure if they'll cater too much to it. I'd expect one set maybe. Besides, I doubt there'll be room seeing as Frozen 2 is coming out next year.

59 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Besides, I doubt there'll be room seeing as Frozen 2 is coming out next year.

Well, not quite next year, as the sequel's releasing this Thanksgiving with tie-in playsets from Lego hitting shelves around the same time.

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, not quite next year, as the sequel's releasing this Thanksgiving with tie-in playsets from Lego hitting shelves around the same time.

Huh, got the date wrong I guess. Still think they'll be making sets for that for a long while. But I will admit that probably opens up for more sets, although if Aladdin is any sign it probably won't be many.

This is what I think is the most likely to be in next years lineup:

small poca set with grandma willow and a canoe, as many others have pointed out( this could be put in an anniversary set with punzie and Cindy)

medium mulan set with mushu,  her horse khan, new gown, possibly the armor and a small part of her house

beauty and the beast castle(build and swap)

any rapunzel set( most likely her tower) with a new Eugene 

I kinda doubt aurora will get a set since we got one this year but I would like one if it includes more of the fairies

Edited by Rambo260

35 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Huh, got the date wrong I guess. Still think they'll be making sets for that for a long while.

Hmmm, perhaps, but six new sets and a rerelease is already a lot to start with. If anything, regarding winter 2020's offerings, Lego may wait till summer 2020 to release further Frozen II tie-ins as so not oversaturate/cannibalize what they've only released for such just two months prior.

23 minutes ago, Rambo260 said:

This is what I think is the most likely to be in next years lineup:

small poca set with grandma willow and a canoe, as many others have pointed out( this could be put in an anniversary set with punzie and Cindy)

medium mulan set with mushu,  her horse khan, new gown, possibly the armor and a small part of her house

beauty and the beast castle(build and swap)

any rapunzel set( most likely her tower) with a new Eugene 

I kinda doubt aurora will get a set since we got one this year but I would like one if it includes more of the fairies

I'm so hoping for a build and swap Beauty and the Beast castle. I kind of also wish there'd be a huge D2C version too, but I doubt that.

If they do more with Aurora, I really hope they'll include Prince Philip. The fairies would be a nice touch too. Aurora in her briar rose form would be awesome and the cottage kind of like the set with Cinderella # 41146. Maybe a double outfit from forest girl to the blue dress instead of the pink. That would pretty much complete my Sleeping Beauty love unless they did a d2c castle.

I hope they do a nice bigger set for Mulan. I would love a bridge and garden set. I'm expecting some set for her movie. 

If there were a trio set again - pocahontas with grandmother willow, rapunzel and eugene with a canoe and lanterns, and maybe some kind of city setup? (drawn sun on the floor would be cool), and with Cinderella we haven't gotten her in her rags with maybe another fairy godmother?. There's been a lot of other Cinderella sets even with part of the pink dress. 

20 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I’m still not sold on another Mulan set as others pointed out the last one sold horribly. Maybe they’ll try harder to make this set appeal to AFOLs and take inspiration from the Chinese New Year exclusives this year, one can dream. :grin: Also, I think it’s worth noting Mushu and Li-Shang have been cut from the live action film, making both of their appearances less likely. If they wanted the set to fit both movies then we’d be getting just Mulan and Khan together again.

There’s an off chance we could have our first sets based on the live action princesses and not the cartoon ones, as I’m they’re going to have to that with Ariel to avoid controversy. 

20 hours ago, illian420 said:

If they do more with Aurora, I really hope they'll include Prince Philip. The fairies would be a nice touch too. Aurora in her briar rose form would be awesome and the cottage kind of like the set with Cinderella # 41146. Maybe a double outfit from forest girl to the blue dress instead of the pink. That would pretty much complete my Sleeping Beauty love unless they did a d2c castle.

If there were a trio set again - pocahontas with grandmother willow, rapunzel and eugene with a canoe and lanterns, and maybe some kind of city setup? (drawn sun on the floor would be cool), and with Cinderella we haven't gotten her in her rags with maybe another fairy godmother?. There's been a lot of other Cinderella sets even with part of the pink dress. 

Unfortunately I don’t think we’re going to get multiple dresses in one set, Ariel & The Magic Spell and the newest Cinderella Carraige both only featured spare bottom halves and not spare torsos. I think it’s due to minidolls’ torsos seeming to be more costly. Besides LEGO will get more money by splitting outfits into two different sets from that people will buy both. They might even release them at the same time, like they did with a Jasmine this year. 

Unfortunately the anniversary set will almost certainly only come with three minidolls. Eugene and Fairy Godmother have next to no chances appearing in it. We’d likely get animal friends for the princesses instead.

I like your idea for the lantern scene for Rapunzel. It be a great way to have Eugene appear again, without having  to do another tower. A fun City scene where they danced (as you suggested) and possibly a dock going up to the boat would be nice additions too.

I agree with the rapunzel boat scene ideas, something along the lines of Ariel’s first set where she’s human. it could include Maximus and pascal too

As soupperson1 pointed out I think now mushu is less likely but they still added the little bird for jasmine even tho they weren’t in the movie. But still  mushu is a bigger character so maybe they will not include him. I now think a mulan set is even less likely as much as it saddens me.

it would be great if they put extra outfits and not just different skirts, the pink skirt doesn’t work at all in Cindy’s set.

Edit: about the live action Ariel situation, I don’t think lego will make a minidoll based on Halle bailey’s Ariel simply because live actions don’t have any impact on the regular merchandise. For example hasbro did beauty and the beast live action dolls in 2017 but they never resurfaced after that whole wave of toys. But still it would be cool to have Halle Bailey’s Ariel in minidoll form 

Edited by Rambo260

The series 19 leaked list shows a Chamelion that looks almost exactly like the one from Tangled. Maybe points to it appearing in a Disney set soon?

On 7/22/2019 at 10:55 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

The series 19 leaked list shows a Chamelion that looks almost exactly like the one from Tangled. Maybe points to it appearing in a Disney set soon?

None of the 2020 sets so far have Rapunzel in the title, but I think your right! I think it looks much more like Pascal than the previous two moulds they created for him. :P

The moment I saw that chameleon I instantly thought about pascal. But I’m not sure if lego considers it not friends enough 

On 7/22/2019 at 5:55 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

That was my thoughts too when I saw it.

• 43170 Moana’s Ocean Adventure - 46 pieces
  • 43173 Auroras Royal Carriage - 62 pieces
  • 43174 Mulan’s Storybook Adventures - 124 pieces
  • 43176 Ariel’s Storybook Adventures - 105 pieces 
  • 43177 Belle’s Storybook Adventures - 111 pieces
  • 43178 Cinderella’s Castle Celebration - 168 pieces, 4+

So far we are missing Pocahontas, Merida, Rapunzel, and Snow White right? They're really giving us almost all the princesses this year coinciding with Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary.
Jasmine had stuff this year and there's the huge Frozen bang of lego in the Fall. We had Tiana this year too, but I don't see why we couldn't have her again. Her bit was tiny. 
Rapunzel hits 10 years, Pocahontas hits 25 (they have to do something for her!), Cinderella hits 70 yrs. Merida only hits 8 yrs and Snow White hits 83. 

Maybe Rapunzel and Pocahontas will get a Celebration set of their own? The Cindy Celebration is half the size of the trio Celebration set from this year. 

Whatever is done, just hoping they give us Aurora in Blue.  Not thrilled about the carriage for her, but her in blue would be awesome. Oh and a worthy Pocahontas set.

Going back to Frozen. Little People has two new frozen sets coming out. The typical ice castle with Elsa and Olaf and this double sled which we see a glimpse of in the trailer. I'm still holding out that one of the frozen sets is a double sled! :D So cute. Excuse my excitedness. :laugh::look:

Image result for little people frozen

29 minutes ago, illian420 said:

Pocahontas hits 25 (they have to do something for her!)

I don't know if they will, considering the... controversial nature of that subject.

4 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

The moment I saw that chameleon I instantly thought about pascal. But I’m not sure if lego considers it not friends enough 

I'm assuming you mean 'not to minidoll scale'. In which case it might even point to the (kinda unbelievable) rumor of the third Disney CMF next year. I do agree with @illian420 on the speculation that we'll be getting most of the princesses next wave.