Robert8

Disney Princesses 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

Rumored line-up for 2019

4 hours ago, saysonder said:

Screenshotted this from an Instagram story on Tuesday, forget who posted it, surprised to see it’s not here already.

41158 Disney Princess Jasmine Tower, $9.99

41159 Disney Princess Carriage Ride $19.99

41160 Disney Princess Ariel’s Castle ~not known~

41161 Aladdin and Jasmine’s Palace $29.99

41162 Princess Ariel, Aurora and Tiana’s Royal Celebra $39.99

41163 Disney Princess Rapunzl Tower $9.99

no surprise we’re getting two Aladdin based sets, and a set with Tiana was overdue.

Are you kidding D: I was so hoping for a small set with Pocahontas, Grandmother Willow and a canoe. Hasbro made one, toy companies typically copy each other's ideas.

Will probably buy one of the Jasmine/Aladdin sets and Tiana (maybe just the figure, if the set is uninteresting)

Ariel's castle has to be Prince Eric's, right? Because they already made Atlantica. But then again, they made Elsa frozen palace twice. 

I expect the next wave will be all Frozen 2

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ariel's castle has to be Prince Eric's, right? Because they already made Atlantica. But then again, they made Elsa frozen palace twice. 

Right I think so, I hope either a castle with Ariel as a princess (pink dress), Eric, Max, Sebastian...or either a pre-princess castle scene, with Ariel as a visitor (blue dress), with Eric, a fork, carriage and maybe a new mold for Scuttle ?

Edited by notpennysboat

5 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

Right I think so, I hope either a castle with Ariel as a princess (pink dress), Eric, Max, Sebastian...or either a pre-princess castle scene, with Ariel as a visitor (blue dress), with Eric, a fork, carriage and maybe a new mold for Scuttle ?

Not necessarily; the Ariel castle is from 2015 so it could use a refresh.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:21 AM, Robert8 said:

41158 Disney Princess Jasmine Tower, $9.99

41159 Disney Princess Carriage Ride $19.99

41160 Disney Princess Ariel’s Castle ~not known~

41161 Aladdin and Jasmine’s Palace $29.99

41162 Princess Ariel, Aurora and Tiana’s Royal Celebra $39.99

41163 Disney Princess Rapunezl Tower $9.99

Here’s the updated info:

41158 Disney Princess Jasmine Tower, $9.99, 49 pieces
41159 Disney Princess Carriage Ride, $19.99, 91 pieces
41160 Disney Princess Ariel’s Castle, $24.99, 115 pieces
41161 Aladdin and Jasmine’s Palace, $29.99, 193 pieces
41162 Princess Ariel, Aurora, and Tiana’s Royal Celebration, $39.99, 282 pieces
41163 Disney Princess Rapunzl Tower, $9.99, 44 pieces

Juding on the piece counts all but 41161 and 41162 are Juniors sets and even then those two sets don’t have great per piece ratios. XP

On 10/23/2018 at 9:28 PM, FortNerd said:

Are you kidding D: I was so hoping for a small set with Pocahontas, Grandmother Willow and a canoe. Hasbro made one, toy companies typically copy each other's ideas.

I think they figure Pocahontas and Tiana aren’t popular enough to sell sets by themselves xP

On 10/24/2018 at 12:10 AM, Robert8 said:

Since it’s likely juniors I’d imagine they’d focus on the mermaid angle, though they already have two for that. XP Maybe we’ll get Scuttle and another sister if we’re lucky.

Frozen 2 sets won’t come out until August at the earliest so there’s a small chance we might get an addition set or two and that will be treated as it’s own theme.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:17 AM, notpennysboat said:

I really hope they don’t release Ariel in that pink dress again, we’ve already got it twice. xP I think it’s likely the palace set will feature her tail while the Royal Celebration set will feature her teal dress associated with the Disney Princess brand.  

8 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Here’s the updated info:

41158 Disney Princess Jasmine Tower, $9.99, 49 pieces
41159 Disney Princess Carriage Ride, $19.99, 91 pieces
41160 Disney Princess Ariel’s Castle, $24.99, 115 pieces
41161 Aladdin and Jasmine’s Palace, $29.99, 193 pieces
41162 Princess Ariel, Aurora, and Tiana’s Royal Celebration, $39.99, 282 pieces
41163 Disney Princess Rapunzl Tower, $9.99, 44 pieces

Juding on the piece counts all but 41161 and 41162 are Juniors sets and even then those two sets don’t have great per piece ratios. XP

I really hope they don’t release Ariel in that pink dress again, we’ve already got it twice. xP I think it’s likely the palace set will feature her tail while the Royal Celebration set will feature her teal dress associated with the Disney Princess brand.  

I've just seen what her teal dress look like, I don't like it even if I don't want another pink dress.

Do you think we could expect new animals molds for 41160 (Scuttle) and 41161 (Abu) ?

On 10/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, notpennysboat said:

I've just seen what her teal dress look like, I don't like it even if I don't want another pink dress.

Do you think we could expect new animals molds for 41160 (Scuttle) and 41161 (Abu) ?

I think it would be nice to have the teal dress just because the Princess brand uses it for Ariel all the time. It appears 41160 is an under the sea themed set (based on the leaked tail piece) so no Scuttle unfortunately. 

Abu is more likely as Jasmine and Agrabah appears in two sets. The high piece per piece ratios could suggest new moulds as Belle’s castle introduced three and its price per piece was 13.4 c. The fact Aladdin has a hair/cap mould, Jasmine has a hair mould and both could use Jasmine’s old leg piece means new moulds would go elsewhere. We could possibly get a new mould for Rajah if they don’t want to use the tiger cub again and they find the  City one not cutesy enough. 

On 10/27/2018 at 12:09 AM, J4ck said:

@Soupperson1 Regarding the PPP, mini dolls are apparently more expensive to produce than minifigures and what’s worse is Disney has expensive licensing fees.

Yes minidolls are expensive to produce, but they compat this by putting less of them in sets and they don’t affect the price per piece ratios. Disney is an issue, but the price per pieces have never been this high outside Juniors and that one Belle set.

19 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Yes minidolls are expensive to produce, but they compat this by putting less of them in sets and they don’t affect the price per piece ratios. Disney is an issue, but the price per pieces have never been this high outside Juniors and that one Belle set.

Don’t you mean “this low”?

On 10/24/2018 at 1:10 AM, Robert8 said:

Are you trying to tell me I won't see a Pocahontas set until 2020?

Frozen 2 sets are pretty much foreseen, but that is different from how classic themes are presented.

With that said, it is in deed a problem that the Disney, despite become regular, does not try to expand more franchises for the sets like how DC and Marvel do. Just one Tiana being the only new princess addition for such long time is a very sad thing.

I wouldn't mind it they could bring in more side characters or animals if the same franchise continues, tho. TLG pretty much owe us a Gothel, if they remember they're actually making her house set.

Edited by Dorayaki

Photos of Tiana, Jasmine and Aladdin have all surfaced. They all look fine, but Tiana should be darker. I wonder why black mini dolls never come in brown. They’re always nougat.

Can anyone post a link for the pictures i cant find them unfortunately

Edited by Rambo260

Sets are cute, albeit disappointing. It looks like they're keeping up the Build'n'Swap system going into 2019, but only for some sets. I'm seeing the hallmarks of the system in 41160. 41161 and 41162. That's interesting . . or maybe they're ditching it and it's just a coincidence that those three look to be compatible. After all, the rest aren't. 

Damnit, though; I was really hoping for something that looked genuinely Arabian for the Aladdin/Jasmine set. That looks like an Arabian beach house, and one that's not up to code to boot. At least we have the flying carpet . . 

The one redeeming factor here is the new part; a curved Elves-style vine fence. It's gourgeous. 

Just a year too late . . . 

Just now, Rambo260 said:

Where did you find pictures?

#legoleaks on instagram. 

Oof:sceptic: these sets really disappoint me

the best one is definetely the arabian palace. Its nice altho its really more a house but jas and aladdin look good and the carpet is very cool but overall the build is childish at best

the celebration set really disappoints me especially the tiana minidoll i cant see her face that well but they shouldve used the ball gown and not the regular skirt piece!:def_shrug: the aurora build is nice as is the carriage but honestly this disappoints me the most

the ariel set is nice for juniors and that seems to be the teal dress right? Altho once again they shoulve used the ball gown

the towers are cute but rapunzels looks soo odd for some reason while jasmines is nice and it will look real great with the palace

cinderellas carriage is better then i thought! It looks nice and the lucifer is a delight

overall the sets (once you take a better look at them) are nice but disappointing especially the celebration set

i do wonder why they didnt realease a new big castle?*huh* maybe they’re saving it for a  frozen 2 set? But it would make more sense for those sets to be realeased in 2020 like they did with Moana. And I really miss belle and Snow White they really shelved them for some reason. I’m really tired of cindy and Ariel if they keep giving us the same stuff for both:hmpf:

Edited by Rambo260

I think they look ok

The set with the 3 princesses is probably the best one, but Tiana's kitchen being there so randomly is hilarious 

This wave is such a wasted opportunity.  ANOTHER carriage for Cinderella.  ANOTHER tower for Rapunzel.  ANOTHER bed for Aurora.  There's more to these characters and their films than this; indeed, there's such a wealth to draw on.  For example, I'd love to see the fairy godmothers' cottage from Sleeping Beauty, and I've heard others say the dwarfs' cottage from Snow White would be appreciated. 

These sets are also terribly simplistic.  I like the new large parts, the gothic arch released this year, and the new arch next - but take Jasmine's 'palace' as an example: the bottom floor is wasted space, and there's little play value.

I feel like these are token sets only.  Now that Elves has had its day, that team can move on over to Disney and make the license worthwhile.

That said, perhaps the Disney D2C will redeem the year's offering.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by Tommy Thunder

The sets are coming on the first of January which is odd because most of the other new realeses are now available.

that said we can finally take a closer look at the minidolls and Tiana looks amazing altho i wanted the ball gown for her. Her face is amazing and full of expression, jasmines and Aladdin’s are the only other new ones with tianas and personally they look too cartoony. Jasmines has two different variants with the castle one covering her belly for some reason:def_shrug: aurora has a new variant of the pink dress( they could’ve used the blue one:hmpf:) and Rapunzel has a new top. Overall like many have said idk why they keep getting lazier each year. And always the same boring caracthers withe the same boring stuff. I’m tired of Ariel and Cindy and Aurora is getting too much of the same stuff as well. One good thing to say tho is that these sets have amazing prices(at least here in the euro zone) the celebration is just 44 euros I’m shook.

so what do you guys think will be coming in the summer wave? Ik many have said Frozen 2 but I think it would be too early:def_shrug:

Edited by Rambo260