Fraunces

Settlement: The Sereen Cay

Some time ago, the Sea Rats claimed the island known as the "The Rock". This thread is dedicated to the first settlement which was established on the small cay north of the main island, this because of the relative plain surface of the cay in comparison to the rest of the Rock. 

Name: The Sereen Cay

Ownership: Sea Rats

Mayor: the Fraunces Brothers, leader: Lothario

Trade Value: 40

Town Bank: -

Who can build in The Sereen Cay: Only after approval by Fraunces.

Map: 

image.png.663e2e3cecb1dfcbc316b15236990da7.png

Description: A group of monks of the Order of the Faith where the first settlers. The group left Astrapi to find a more quiet and isolated place to build a new monastery freed from the strict rules the organization behind the Order put upon them. The monks made a pact with the Sea Rats to build a free trading dock, provide shelter and food in exchange for protection. The monks started creating a special type of beer, for which they became well known among Sea Rats. Some time passed and passing merchants visited the island so often that some set up shop on the small cay close to the monastery. The settlement grew but the small original village only has a couple of residents, mainly the monks, the harbourmaster and some merchants. The settlement grew on the north cape of the main island.

Original Information:

Spoiler

Island #: 12 Claimed by the Sea-Rats
Name: The Rock
Nickname: The Crag

Geographical Features: A rocky Island jutting abruptly up out of the sea "The Crag" defiantly beetles over the waves. The water surrounding the Crag is very deep. Low tide reveals several seaside caves with tunnels that ascend and converge on a subterranean lake of fresh water. The surface of the crag is mostly grassy with some deep rooted trees.
Rumors: The Crag's lake is inhabited by strange blind fish, and the final resting place of an old Corrington naturalist turned privateer... and perhaps also, her treasure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Builds in The Sereen Cay

Please help us out by posting your a link to your The Sereen Cay builds in this thread. Licensee is listed after the type of licence.

Properties: 10/11

Size for EGS purposes - Level 1 'Hamlet'

Required for Level 2 'Town': 1 more

Residences:

Licor Merchant Estate [ Fraunces ]
Jim's Treehouse [ Fraunces ]
Le Faou's Grotto [ Fraunces ]

Artisan:

- The Outpost Tavern (spoiler below) [ Fraunces ]

Commerce:

- Harbour masters warehouse (blue house, spoiler below) [ Fraunces ]
- Local general store (behind the blue house, spoiler below) [ Fraunces ]
- Alfie's place [ Fraunces ]
- Bird Base 1 [ Fraunces ]

Education:

Arts & Culture:

- Lothario's poker lounge [ Fraunces ]

- Trappist Monastery (spoiler below) - [ Fraunces ]

Factories: NA

Plantation: NA

Mine: NA

Forts: NA

Storylines on the Rock:

1. "The Secret of the lake"

"The secret of the lake" Episode 1 ~ Samson Brody

"The secret of the lake" Episode 2 ~ Fonticulus

"The secret of the lake" Episode 3 ~ Blessing in disguise

"The secret of the lake" Episode 4 ~ The Grotto's of the Rock

"The secret of the lake"Episode 5 ~ Captive of the Mardierians

-"The secret of the lake" Episode 6 ~ The temple

- "The secret of the lake" Episode 8 ~ Finally a finished Story

The Sereen Cay is split in two: the minor island revolving around the monastary, and the second newer part of the settlement on the main island of the Rock.

In the spoiler you can find some more photos of the north-end island, it contains a monastery/brewery, an inn, a general story and an harbour master:

Spoiler

1. The Sereen Cay

The backdoor of the monastery, as can be seen, the weather is also a beneficial factor for the island. Warm winds meet here, making the island a perfect spot to relax.

11. The Sereen Cay - backdoor

image.png.663e2e3cecb1dfcbc316b15236990da7.pngThe free-haven provides shelter, even for some of the most notorious villains as can be seen here:

12. The Sereen Cay - Swashbuckling story

Sea Rats Rule!

Edited by Fraunces
Edit.

Awesome build, and a worthy small settlement of its own! :thumbup:

I have to ask: was this part of an exhibition or some sort of display? It looks great all around, and like something you can stand in front of for a while and find new details all the time. Impressive work!

Looking forward to what the Sea Rats will come up with for the rest of The Rock. :pir-classic:

Edited by Drunknok

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

Monks making booze that's popular with pirates? Have you been at the Buckfast?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

I think I need a bottle sent stateside! 

@Fraunces this is quite well done in deed...  Make sure to licence your buildings separate...  Looks to be the good start to a Hamlet! 

Wow, this looks like pure fun.  Some many interesting elements to it as well.  Great start to your colony!

14 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Awesome build, and a worthy small settlement of its own! :thumbup:

I have to ask: was this part of an exhibition or some sort of display? It looks great all around, and like something you can stand in front of for a while and find new details all the time. Impressive work!

Thanks. No I tried to check if I could apply for LegoWorld 2018 in Utrecht but I was too late. Maybe next year I will be there with a pirate display (way too few this year :cry_sad: )

14 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Looking forward to what the Sea Rats will come up with for the rest of The Rock. :pir-classic:

The rumors give me some really nice input to start a story to elaborate more about how I imagine the island :excited:

13 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Monks making booze that's popular with pirates? Have you been at the Buckfast?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

No I have not (yet), but the story is similar I agree. I just thought it is iconic for monks to brew alcoholic beverages (at least in Holland we have some very good beer brands specially made by monks) and this suits very well to the Sea Rat faction in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@Fraunces this is quite well done in deed...  Make sure to licence your buildings separate...  Looks to be the good start to a Hamlet! 

Thanks you and I will license them, when I have the time to do it :pir_laugh2:

10 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Wow, this looks like pure fun.  Some many interesting elements to it as well.  Great start to your colony!

Thanks, it was pure fun to make it and I always try to add as much as intriguing techniques as I can.. Although I still have much to learn.. My young nephews do love the island for playable reasons however so in that regard I am very satisfied :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

No I have not (yet)

12 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I think I need a bottle sent stateside!

What is wrong with you people? Did you not read all the way down?

"The beverage has entered the popular lexicon with nicknames such as "Wreck the Hoose Juice", "Commotion Lotion", "Cumbernauld Rocket Fuel", "Mrs. Brown", "Buckie Baracas", "Coatbridge Table Wine", and a bottle of "what the hell are you looking at?" It has also earned the unofficial slogan, "Buckfast: gets you f*cked fast". [...] A survey at a Scottish young offenders’ institution showed of the 117 people who drank alcohol before committing their crimes, 43 per cent said they had drunk Buckfast. [...] In 2016 a Sheriff said there was a “very definite association between Buckfast and violence”

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

"The beverage has entered the popular lexicon with nicknames such as "Wreck the Hoose Juice", "Commotion Lotion", "Cumbernauld Rocket Fuel", "Mrs. Brown", "Buckie Baracas", "Coatbridge Table Wine", and a bottle of "what the hell are you looking at?" It has also earned the unofficial slogan, "Buckfast: gets you f*cked fast". [...] A survey at a Scottish young offenders’ institution showed of the 117 people who drank alcohol before committing their crimes, 43 per cent said they had drunk Buckfast. [...] In 2016 a Sheriff said there was a “very definite association between Buckfast and violence”

Lol I didn't actually but now I definitely need to try Buckfast this weekend :pir-grin::jollyroger:

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

And Stella is called the wife beater but yet I have never accosted the wife while drinking LMAO...  Live dangerously my friends! 

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

This is stunning, you have built the entire settlement on your own, impressive work, chapeau bas.

I love all the buildings and mostly the monastry positionned at an angle. 

I'm a little worried for the searats treasure hunting team, as their Corrish counterparts seem to be better armed.:grin:

I think this is an epic build, really. Very cool to see a "full" settlement in one build, and while each of your buildings are very good, it is the overall composition that makes this build so excellent. On top of that, this is a perfect example of how a big build can have hidden details everywhere, with no blank spots. Very very good!

(A note from a game master: to optimise protection, trade values, etc, I would suggest the nearby settlement to be constructed is considered, for EGS purposes, part of the sereen cay.)

I missed this as well. It is a very great MOC. One of the cool things is the MOC giving a classic Pirates feeling. The atmosphere and little scenes make the whole thing looking very fine :)

On 10/22/2018 at 6:15 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

And Stella is called the wife beater but yet I have never accosted the wife while drinking LMAO...  Live dangerously my friends! 

Haha, didn't know that about Stella. It is my favourite pils, my fridge is always full of it (one of the few advantages of being Belgian, good beer is really cheap here).

On 10/22/2018 at 2:03 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Hahaha awesome!

A build that I missed as well! Fantastic details, something new to see every time you look at the pictures. Beautiful layout and great start to a settlement!

I wasn't here when it was posted, but as everybody is posting here anyway, I might join the parade.

It is a very nice and complete little settlement! I love how everything connects together. and all the different litle scenes trough out.

*did you ever lisence any of the builds btw? because this is the perfect destination to trade too ones in a while. the crew would enjoy their time here very much.

9 hours ago, Maxim I said:

)Haha, didn't know that about Stella. It is my favourite pils, my fridge is always full of it (one of the few advantages of being Belgian, good beer is really cheap here).

I think it's an American thing...  Most "yanks" can't handle real beer

23 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I think it's an American thing...  Most "yanks" can't handle real beer

Well, they are rarely exposed to any. :pir-grin:

6 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Well, they are rarely exposed to any. :pir-grin:

And those that are don't know hat to do with it LMAO.   Every year for at pat's I drink my Irish beer the proper Irish way...  (piss warm)  LMAO.  I don't like American (save for Sam Adams or Lineys')  and don't set a Budweiser in front of me ever lol

Thanks all! I was really happy with the result. 

On 1/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, Bregir said:

(A note from a game master: to optimise protection, trade values, etc, I would suggest the nearby settlement to be constructed is considered, for EGS purposes, part of the sereen cay.)

Yes I was planning on doing so. Thanks for the headsup anyway.

23 hours ago, Bart said:

*did you ever lisence any of the builds btw? because this is the perfect destination to trade too ones in a while. the crew would enjoy their time here very much.

All of 'em yes. In the future I plan on making this the base off operations of my characters as well, with accompanying story lines of course.

That is odd, because it isn't a possible destination in this tMCRA @Capt Wolf

Nor is it in the settlement listed in the Account sheet, @Phred

Just now, Bart said:

That is odd, because it isn't a possible destination in this tMCRA @Capt Wolf

Nor is it in the settlement listed in the Account sheet, @Phred

We are fixing ;)

Apparently, there was a small mess up with the initial licensing or some such thing, but it will be available from next month.

Just now, Bregir said:

We are fixing ;)

Apparently, there was a small mess up with the initial licensing or some such thing, but it will be available from next month.

:thumbup::thumbup: 

@FrauncesI'll be adding the settlement momentarily.
Who is the mayor of this settlement?  
Also, when answering where your properties are located, only enter The Sereen Cay.  Anything other than this will not automatically show as part of the settlement. :thumbup: