Drawd

Freebuild: Southern gate of Danemore

31492038308_40a85c1418_o.jpg

The southern gate of Danemore is important for the dwarves trade.
The gate facing the northern forests of Avalonia. From the gate a road goes down the valley and leads to the faraway realms of Avalonia. Now, Dward wants this trade route to be busy again and trading leads to wealth.

45476893701_858d88269f_c.jpg

Edited by Drawd

Excellent build, great start in GoH! Seems like the gate is hinting of riches below the ground :classic: I also like the tree a lot.

What an awesome build!  I love that tree, and combined with the olive stalks and the dirt, it really gives the idea of fall.  I love the doors, statuary, and the detail around them.  It makes me think a lot of the LoTR dwarves.  Are there any other angles?  I didn't see any on Flickr.  I'd be interested to see the guards.  Great job, and welcome here!

13 minutes ago, Grover said:

What an awesome build!  I love that tree, and combined with the olive stalks and the dirt, it really gives the idea of fall.  I love the doors, statuary, and the detail around them.  It makes me think a lot of the LoTR dwarves.  Are there any other angles?  I didn't see any on Flickr.  I'd be interested to see the guards.  Great job, and welcome here!

Thanks a lot! I've added a picture so all the dwarves can be seen.

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Oh wow!  That angle looks totally awesome, like from a movie!

Thank you 

Edited by Drawd

Excellent build, techniques and composition! We can always use more dwarves here - Welcome!

Real nice work on this dwarven gate, great job building it into the mountain!  The tree looks good growing out of the rock and I love the perspective on the last picture!

A really nice build there @Drawd! Love the offset brown tiles on the door, the two different statues and the very organic looking tree coming out of the rocks at the top - it looks like it's hanging on for dear life!

Only just looked at this and the door itself is wonderful and looks like a real, paneled door made to look good and be strong.  The cliffwork is really nice too and it works very well as an introduction, hinting at what lies beneath.

Great stuff. I've been thinking of a big gate build too so this is good inspiration.

Bam! Great work here!! Love the clean build, the presentation and figs! I want more dwarf mocs!:wub:

I like the gate a lot! The way you fit it into the surrounding rockwork is nice, but the tree that overshadows it all it even nicer. I like how the foliage is so big compared to the trunks. I think that the weakest aspect of the build is the foreground, which seems cluttered with different colors and could use some simplification, particularly in doing something to get rid of the grey plate under it all. Either make a small border to hide it, or don't include it at all, instead making the bottom layer the same color as the plates on top of it. Beyond that, my only other critique is that the legs of the statues seem awfully long to be representing dwarves. This is a nice looking build, and a great way to start here in the Guilds!

Many above have said it, but I'll say it too--the tree here is really cool. :sweet:

I do think that the landscaping could have used either 1 less color or better color blocking.

That gateway is epic :wub: Looks incredibly Dwarven, yet quite unique from other Dwarven architecture I've seen built with LEGO before :thumbup:
The cliff face is nicely built, and the tree above adds a beautiful touch to the scene.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

15 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

That gateway is epic :wub: Looks incredibly Dwarven, yet quite unique from other Dwarven architecture I've seen built with LEGO before :thumbup:
The cliff face is nicely built, and the tree above adds a beautiful touch to the scene.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks m8