GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

2 hours ago, Thedoctorwedwhistle said:

¡¡¡SUPER GUAY!!! GLAP27

Mr4543r Cómo va el zit con la mandíbula, el hocico y la recompensa de tu destino. 

at the moment everything is in order
I'm working on shaping the jaw of the Dragon mech.
The destiny's bounty It's 96% finished, you just need to add textures. just like the other mechs I plan to add textures

8 hours ago, mr4543r said:

at the moment everything is in order
I'm working on shaping the jaw of the Dragon mech.
The destiny's bounty It's 96% finished, you just need to add textures. just like the other mechs I plan to add textures

Are you creating the jaw in a 3D CAD application? Or how are you doing it? Just curious.

About as far as September's budget will let me go.

blue72_destiny_september_2020.jpg

Edited by blue72

8 hours ago, zweifuss said:

¿Está creando la mandíbula en una aplicación CAD 3D? ¿O cómo lo estás haciendo? Sólo curioso.

I use Cinema 4d for modeling 

4 hours ago, blue72 said:

Aproximadamente hasta donde el presupuesto de septiembre me dejará ir.

good progress with destiny's bounty

17 hours ago, mr4543r said:

I use Cinema 4d for modeling 

good progress with destiny's bounty

Oh ok. If you're modeling the dragon's head pieces I can stop, it seems you have more time and motivation to finish it than me.

9 hours ago, Matteo Nottoli said:

Have you guys heard of the incoming new ninjago city set? The gardens of ninjago city (set 71741). Anyone has some information about it? 

Yes. I have heard of it

It sounds like an exciting set.

9 minutes ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Hard to say. Guess we'll have to wait until official images release.

Well, if it's part of the "ninjago city line" as it seems to be it will be based on the movie

1 hour ago, Matteo Nottoli said:

Well, if it's part of the "ninjago city line" as it seems to be it will be based on the movie

I also noticed that almost every version the shark army soldiers were released except for the narwhal guy.

The docks set came with the orange variety of the puffer solider.

The original ninjago city set also came with a generic thug.

This is the part of the Garma Mecha Man I'm currently building now that I completed the legs. The armor plating gives this mech a samurai feel.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Leg%20connection.p

17 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

This is the part of the Garma Mecha Man I'm currently building now that I completed the legs. The armor plating gives this mech a samurai feel.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Leg%20connection.p

Excellent progress with the Garma mecha man.

Sea monkey updated

I have decided to update the "Sea monkey".

I added a deck on the inside. 

Added 4 lamps on the sides.

Scattered the positions of the baskets.

Cleaned up the back of the boat.

Changed the two red flags from left to right.

Next boat is the "lucky junk".

On 9/24/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

I also noticed that almost every version the shark army soldiers were released except for the narwhal guy.

The docks set came with the orange variety of the puffer solider.

The original ninjago city set also came with a generic thug.

Please please PLEASE have the Narwhal guy!!!!

On 9/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, blue72 said:

About as far as September's budget will let me go.

That dragon! I need to see more of that dragon! Gosh, what a thing of beauty! 

Other than the jaw/mouth pieces, are there any parts in it not available in the correct colour? 

I've not seen a model recently that makes me want to bricklink, but this, damn, I'll get straight on it if it's good for the colours! Although, I notice you have some black pieces where they should be sand green, so I'm assuming some are not available... 

Do you have a list of what is not available? Or are you just working through it slowly, doing what you can when you can, and finding out as and when...? 

How long is it from head to tail? 

15 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

That dragon! I need to see more of that dragon! Gosh, what a thing of beauty! 

Other than the jaw/mouth pieces, are there any parts in it not available in the correct colour? 

I've not seen a model recently that makes me want to bricklink, but this, damn, I'll get straight on it if it's good for the colours! Although, I notice you have some black pieces where they should be sand green, so I'm assuming some are not available... 

Do you have a list of what is not available? Or are you just working through it slowly, doing what you can when you can, and finding out as and when...? 

How long is it from head to tail? 

If you scroll back to page 9, that was when the Green Dragon mechs were being built.  The length is listed there along with clearer pictures.

Are there any parts not available in the correct colour? Well, basically the majority of them. The whole model in the movie is pretty much either metallic gold or sand green with a little bit of black here and there. You can download the virtual model that @GLAP23 built from the links on the first page and check it out for yourself from all angles.

I'm still very slowly updating minor bits that are incorrect on my model with the right colors, but I don't have many left that are available and/or affordable.  I decided that the most visually appealing substitution for the pieces that weren't available was black in most cases.  Metallic gold obviously got switched to pearl gold where possible, and I did use dark bluish-gray/light bluish-gray on some of the minor stuff.  I tried some dark green pieces for a little while but I didn't think they looked as good as the black in the end.