GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

Hello all,

i have just discovered this thread ad i have only four words to say to you :

You are all crazy !!!! And geniuses !!!

The models are completly insane it must be orgasmic to see them in real !

Hello people, you absolutly rock! I am working on a project myself, the reconstitution of these mechs in minecraft. I would greatly appreciate ypu guys posting angles of the mechs that are the backs and central/foundation parts, mainly wanted for the lightning jet at the moment

Hey guys, I'm honestly hoping that this thread doesn't become forgotten or dead. 

I'm sure that everyone on this thread is busy.

Nya's water strider that I have been working on has come along really well and is nearly done. 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:54 AM, Ninjago_fan2123 said:

Hey, @blue72 I was wondering what base did you use to build the Ninjago city street? 

This little old thing?
blue72_dragon_mech_large_2021_nov.jpg

Underneath it is 16x16 plates and an outer row of 6x plates.

Also, the flower sets that LEGO started producing have come in pretty handy for introducing some new sand green pieces....

Edited by blue72

12 hours ago, blue72 said:

This little old thing?

Also, the flower sets that LEGO started producing have come in pretty handy for introducing some new sand green pieces....

Amazing modrl!

On 11/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, blue72 said:

This little old thing?

Thanks ! also yea I'm probably going to start changing out those with sand green, sadly i can't replace the white horn pieces on the neck because I super glued them, and they're the color white (since at the time there wasn't a black variant) 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:26 PM, blue72 said:

This little old thing?

wow the dragon mech looks magnificent

After months of lying dormant, I decided to work on the gantry crane a bit and is basically finished. The thing took a lot of bricklink orders and overall parts to do. The crane is fairly accurate and resembles the actual one from the movie. Also used some different building techniques as well 

20211124_215254

20211124_215310

20211124_215240

the crane is very large as well... and took many, many dark blue pieces.

On 11/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

After months of lying dormant, I decided to work on the gantry crane a bit and is basically finished. The thing took a lot of bricklink orders and overall parts to do. The crane is fairly accurate and resembles the actual one from the movie. Also used some different building techniques as well 

20211124_215254

20211124_215310

20211124_215240

the crane is very large as well... and took many, many dark blue pieces.

i wonder how you guys recreate all of these lego ninjago movie assets,

i know some of the models is recreated with references from lego ninjago movie it self and from the videogame or something like that but how did you guys make the model that not too exposed like...kai's firemech, water strider and garma mecha man, i know cole's quake mech is recreated using the ninjago movie game models but i see the other mech the game it's all using official lego sets models which is not accurate

5 hours ago, Mei said:

What happened to LDD? This applies for all the mechs, someone help me please.

ugh.PNG

Are you using LDD Extended Mode? As it might be that those 433 bricks are in places that normal LDD considers an illegal connection. But in actuality are legal in a real life build. 

Try toggling physics in Extended Mode if you have it.

8 hours ago, Mei said:

How do I enable view of hidden files? I was watching the tutorial and was already stuck there.

Check the replies in the topic. I'm sure there is answer for finding Appdata

@Mei Are you using Lego Digital Designer version 4.3.12?  This version is broken. If you have 4.3.12, uninstall it and try installing 4.3.11. You can download 4.3.11 here:

@andardbricks I am going to release it today as a Work in Progress.

Announcement:

Unfortunately, I do not have a Blu-Ray player anymore, which means I can't view the movie for references. To make sure the models are accurate as possible, I use the Blu-Ray as it's high quality footage.

Until I get a new Blu-Ray player, please enjoy the available models.

It's going to be a while before I can start working on the mechs again.

I will also release the work in progress model of the Garma Mecha Man. Keep in mind the mech is still incomplete. Also there is a lot of parts that are either floating or connected

in ways they can't in real life. In order for the model to appear correctly and to not have missing pieces in LEGO Digital Designer, you need to turn on developer mode, or you can import the LXF into Studio 2.0.

https://bricksafe.com/pages/GLAP23/lego-ninjago-movie-shark-army-fleet

I appreciate everyone who has contributed to this topic.

Thanks.

GLAP23 

Thanks @GLAP23, we all love and appreciate your work here. If there's any way we can help, let us know. In fact, I have a blu-ray drive on my PC that I never use, if you send me a personal message, I can arrange shipment to you. I live in Canada, so you may have to change the region on it, but otherwise I never use it so it's yours if you want it! I would have thought by now you would have ripped the movie files to your hard drive, since you study the movie so much!

I know this is a bit out of topic, but Glap, do you happen to have the movie accurate version of Emmet's construct o mech? I saw that you have edited the other version in the assembling Bricksburg group. I attempted the link and it didn't seem to work. If you happen to still have it or have any spare time, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share it on your Bricksafe page as I am trying to create that version myself.