GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

Fourth update:

Im building the rear part of the body with the tail and the smaller section behind the central frame with the legs. Each module is a solid parallelepiped of bricks (whose purpose i believe is to act as a counterweight) covered with a complex texture of panels. I had to create some new connections to make the the joints more stable. 

The more i continue with the build the more i want to see that big bad fish completed

@GLAP23 can you confirm that those big blocks of bricks are used to balance the model? If not i wonder why you designed them so heavy and full. 

IMG_20201101_191809IMG_20201101_191724IMG_20201101_191849IMG_20201101_191831IMG_20201101_191927

Edited by Matteo Nottoli

@Matteo Nottoli  I never took weight distribution into consideration when adding in these bricks specifically. The bricks in the tail are designed the way they are because that is how they are structured in the video game model. Looking closely at the mech in the movie, the same bricks seem to be present in the design. Though, I think the tail will balance the model, especially with that huge jaw the mech has.

Edited by GLAP23

5 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli  I never took weight distribution into consideration when adding in these bricks specifically. The bricks in the tail are designed the way they are because that is how they are structured in the video game model. Looking closely at the mech in the movie, the same bricks seem to be present in the design. Though, I think the tail will balance the model, especially with that huge jaw the mech has.

Thank you so much for the explanation. Have you noticed that the technic beams used for the legs are different between the videogame and the movie model? If so why have you preferred the movie version? 

@Matteo Nottoli I did notice the slight differences with the beams. The legs are overall the same, but with a few added beams on the bottom. There are two reasons why I made the movie version. First reason is the extra beams in the lower legs would not let the two lower linear actuators fit, and the other reason is I'm try to make the mech as close to the movie version as possible.

Here's how the Garma Mecha Man is with all of the components attached, but there is still more work to be done to the mech before it's %100 complete.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%204.png

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Back%202.png

Amazing work @GLAP23, can't wait to see the whole collection. I'd like to see the comparison of the toy version next to the real one, if you don't mind... I know you did one with just the leg in the past, but it'd be nice to see the models complete next to each other.

11 hours ago, Ninjago_fan2123 said:

@Mrlikesninjagomoviethings i was wondering if you could tell me how you found the hose pieces for the beer skiff, such as the names for them as when i tried looking for them i had a hard time looking :(

Just search "hose, rigid" and find the correct length for the the certain model.

On bricklink

8 hours ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Just search "hose, rigid" and find the correct length for the the certain model.

On bricklink

When i tried using digital designer it told me that it was ( Outer Cable 14MM ) and ( Outer Cable 96MM ) and for the reddish brown one ( Outer Cable 80mm )

Usually i don't go through brick link to find the pieces, i usually find them through google.

But when i did look up Hose Rigid 96MM or the other 2 it gave me ( Hose 3mm )  

To congratulate you I can only provide you with 3D renderings of your models so that you can add them.2133056945_LightningJetreduct.png.c98aab28e4852ffc08fe99e2001ac24e.png

Oh no it is all converted badly

How can I upload good quality pictures

On 11/23/2020 at 1:17 PM, Mockitty said:

To congratulate you I can only provide you with 3D renderings of your models so that you can add them.2133056945_LightningJetreduct.png.c98aab28e4852ffc08fe99e2001ac24e.png

Oh no it is all converted badly

How can I upload good quality pictures

Use Bricksafe.com for images, this forum doesn't allow large pictures. It's a really cool site, very easy to use, @GLAP23 and other here use it religiously. 

No I didn't tried, but unfortunately in stud.io there's not the jaw and head piece of the green ninja mech dragon.

You need to find the .DAT files online and import them into Studio... it's a moot point anyway though, since the jaw/head pieces are custom for the movie anyway, someone needs to re-create them based on the movie. I tried a few months ago but my efforts were very amateur, so I stopped trying.

Fifth update:

Built all the main body with the caudal fin, the rear turret and the inner engines. Completed all the rear partof the body with the great tail. Im currently building the head that will balance the structure with the tail. Had to make many modifies as always to create more connections. Reworked the legs to make them more solid. 

IMG_20201129_111103IMG_20201129_111029IMG_20201129_111019IMG_20201129_110604IMG_20201129_110538IMG_20201129_110521IMG_20201129_111359IMG_20201129_111231IMG_20201129_110742IMG_20201129_110719IMG_20201129_110658