GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

2 hours ago, blue72 said:

If you scroll back to page 9, that was when the Green Dragon mechs were being built.  The length is listed there along with clearer pictures.

Are there any parts not available in the correct colour? Well, basically the majority of them. The whole model in the movie is pretty much either metallic gold or sand green with a little bit of black here and there. You can download the virtual model that @GLAP23 built from the links on the first page and check it out for yourself from all angles.

I'm still very slowly updating minor bits that are incorrect on my model with the right colors, but I don't have many left that are available and/or affordable.  I decided that the most visually appealing substitution for the pieces that weren't available was black in most cases.  Metallic gold obviously got switched to pearl gold where possible, and I did use dark bluish-gray/light bluish-gray on some of the minor stuff.  I tried some dark green pieces for a little while but I didn't think they looked as good as the black in the end.

Have you considered painting the pieces that does not exist in the right color with a perfectly accurate paint made with a tintometer?  I did it with my shark mech project and it was quite a challenging thing but highly rewarding

I was debating whether to go through every page or just look for a link to each completed mech, but I'm so glad I decided to go through every page, seeing the processes of Glap's projects and seeing everyone else's projects was just incredible. They're all amazing, keep up the good work Glap I'm so excited to see the end results. I am wondering though, have you or anyone else ever attempted a movie scale Emmet's Constructo-Mech?

2 hours ago, s0up____ said:

I was debating whether to go through every page or just look for a link to each completed mech, but I'm so glad I decided to go through every page, seeing the processes of Glap's projects and seeing everyone else's projects was just incredible. They're all amazing, keep up the good work Glap I'm so excited to see the end results. I am wondering though, have you or anyone else ever attempted a movie scale Emmet's Constructo-Mech?

I’ve tried, didn’t get far tho. I think in the “assembling bricksburg” thread someone got it atleast partially done tho! 

4 hours ago, s0up____ said:

@GLAP23 actually helped complete the Construct-O-Mech from the original author if you read through the thread, he figured out the rotating mechanism for the torso. But you know, if someone built that in real life, it'd tip over so badly... the weight distribution has got to be whack on it. See this link here: 

Sticker boat

I have completed the the small boat that appears at the very beginning of the movie. It uses 1 sticker at the back. 1 in the middle and it goes on the 1 x 6 reddish brown tile. 1 in the front as the head of the dragon.

The boat only appears for a few seconds in the movie.

6 hours ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Sticker boat

I have completed the the small boat that appears at the very beginning of the movie. It uses 1 sticker at the back. 1 in the middle and it goes on the 1 x 6 reddish brown tile. 1 in the front as the head of the dragon.

The boat only appears for a few seconds in the movie.

This boat collection is super cute! Im interested in the making of your custom stickers. Are you planning to place the boats in a diorama? 

9 hours ago, Matteo Nottoli said:

This boat collection is super cute! Im interested in the making of your custom stickers. Are you planning to place the boats in a diorama? 

The boats may go in a future ninjago city dock or canal diorama. 

The stickers on this boat were relatively easy to make.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:41 PM, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

It would be a nice addition to my shark army soldier collection of 30+ figures

And it would make a really nice addition to my 200 fig shark army!

The six armor coverings surrounding the chest are now attached. These were some of the more trickier parts.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%202.png

Edited by GLAP23

On 9/28/2020 at 1:05 PM, Matteo Nottoli said:

Have you considered painting the pieces that does not exist in the right color with a perfectly accurate paint made with a tintometer?  I did it with my shark mech project and it was quite a challenging thing but highly rewarding

I have. It's one of those things I need to dedicate some time to doing all the right research for.  I know from experience with automotive projects that the wrong kind of prep work and paint will eventually fail on plastic surfaces. I've had good luck with SEM products that are specifically formulated to adhere to plastics and vinyl.  So yeah, more research yet to consider before I decide if I'm going down that path.

16 hours ago, blue72 said:

I have. It's one of those things I need to dedicate some time to doing all the right research for.  I know from experience with automotive projects that the wrong kind of prep work and paint will eventually fail on plastic surfaces. I've had good luck with SEM products that are specifically formulated to adhere to plastics and vinyl.  So yeah, more research yet to consider before I decide if I'm going down that path.

You sure have to make some research to do the job in the best way. It wasn't easy to me to find the right paint but I really had to do it because there are a lot of pieces in the shark mech that does not exist in the sand blue color - wich is the emblem of the shark army vehicles - and I was not willing to settle for an all gray model. 

Edited by Matteo Nottoli

New update: I refurbished few more details and attached the arms.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%203.png

Edited by GLAP23

On 10/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, GLAP23 said:

New update: I refurbished few more details and attached the arms.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%203.png

Im speechless! Is the shark cannon arm finished? Cant wait to see shark ammo belt in it

Edited by Matteo Nottoli

Small update:

Had very few time this weekend. I only completed the finns and the inner frame with the second pair of pistons. This model is a real nightmare, the mecha crab was a polybag compared to this one. Many pieces are floating untill you insert the "keystone" and it all make sense. Hardest model ever but the result is very rewarding. Had to make some changes to make it more solid. Really hope this bad boy will handle its weight when its finished. 

IMG_20201005_175615

IMG_20201005_175724IMG_20201005_175716IMG_20201005_175741IMG_20201005_175543

@Matteo Nottoli The shark cannon is still not finished because I'm still trying to attach the sides, although I finished the tank in the back. There is two holders on both ends that will attach the shark ammo.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Tank%202.png

The tank is for the most part finished. There is few more incomplete areas.

Edited by GLAP23

It has been a little more than a week since the last update. So here's a new one.

The head was built.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Head.png

The tank is finally attached.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Back.png

The cannon is nearly done.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Cannon%203.png

Edited by GLAP23