GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

@legoman23 If you are referring to the club/staff the mech is seen holding in the poster, I will possibly build it, as it does look cool.

@mr4543r To make taking screenshots in Lego Digital Designer easier, under toolbox, click "Take a screenshot."

Here are the controls for the Garma Mecha Man.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Controls.png

I am finally finished with the beer skiff. I decided to go with the reddish brown colour instead the the dark brown colour.

Lego ninjago beer skiff

I will be working on the other boats next...

Edited by Mrlikesninjagomoviethings

@Thedoctorwedwhistle Mr4543r has done a lot more work on the Ice Tank and the Garma Mecha Man than I ever had. I can add some my own details and modifications to his models to make them more accurate, but only with permission. Or I'll just go the other route and make my own versions.

@Mrlikesninjagomoviethings Good work with the beer skiff!

@mr4543r I have seen your Bricksafe page, and I'm happy with the amount of progress you made. Can you post more images of the Garma Mecha Man? I hope to see everything you have built for the mech so far.

Edited by GLAP23

@Thedoctorwedwhistle Yes. He has built all of them. I never knew somebody would build the movie versions of the Destiny's Bounty, Ice Tank, or the Garma Mecha Man from the movie before I did.

Edited by GLAP23

Of course, galp23 could show more about  Garma Mecha Man it, although to make the part of the sharks that hang in the back of the mech to the Canyon I will use another program that will also help me to add some decorations for the ninjas' mechs (such as the banners that these possess)
Thanks for your advice to take screenshots on ldd after thinking about it and deciding to release the ice tank model.
    you can do it through: 
https://www.bricksafe.com/pages/0irfgyuvw/3721

so that there is no error when opening the file you will have to have the developer option
As for offering the model of the Garma Mecha Man , you should have this option, I would be willing to pass my version of the Garma Mecha Man to glap23 so that you can edit it with greater precision and save time

@mr4543r Thank you very much, mr4543r. These will definitely save me time for sure, as there would be less to build. I already have Lego Digital Designer on developer mode, so missing parts shouldn't be a problem.

@Thedoctorwedwhistle Developer mode is what you need to view LXF file with collision issues, but it has way more cool features than that. You have to:

1. Edit your 'preferences.ini' file found here: C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini
  2. Add a line DeveloperMode=1
  3. Open Lego Digital Designer
  4. Go to the menu 'Developer', and select 'toggle physics test'. This will turn off the collisions
  5. Open @mr4543r's file by either dragging it in or double-clicking it. 
  6. The file should open with no errors

Here is a list of other keys you can use while in developer mode:

Caps lock off
1 yellow shapes
2 violet shapes
3 cyan shapes
Q remove all but holes
R Random color coding pieces
T post processing options
O makes everything glow green
P Black outlines
G Hide all
H color coding connected pieces
J returns view to origin
K hides studs
C Shows green crosses on parts
V Shows collision elements
M hides everything but decals

Shift or caps lock
1 yellow shapes
2 violet shapes
3 cyan shapes
Q remove all but holes
W wireframe
R centers view
A opens preferences and communications settings
S shows statistics
G hides grid

ALT GR + T shows all the bricks in pallete

i was able to build the police tux, taxi tux, and other variations of the tux 

but i was having trouble on the ambulance tux i tried using the picture of it in the book, but the part i'm having trouble on is the back part of it

1 hour ago, Thedoctorwedwhistle said:

Thanks for the tip but im not a computer guy so i don't know what edit my preferences is

You just double-click it, and enter the 'DeveloperMode=1' (without the quotes) in a new line and and pick file->save. That's it! No need to be a computer guy...

Ok here is the easiest way I could find on how to do it:

1. Press this button combination on your keyboard: WindowsKey+R (windows key should be between your left CTRL and ALT keys, bottom left of keyboard)
  2. Type in AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer
  3. There should be a file called 'preferences.ini' in there. Double click on that. If you don't have extensions enabled, it'll just look like a file called 'preferences'.
  4. In a new line, type in DeveloperMode=1
  5. Magic

I'm not sure how much simpler I can explain it... there is a youtube tutorial here too if that helps. Sorry if I seem condescending, I've been a 'computer guy' for 30 years now, so to me this is something trivial. It really is worth it putting LDD into Developer mode, it really opens up the program and shows you some of the inner-workings of how it functions.

Never mind i finally got developer mode BUT the ice tanks still missing pieces

Edited by Thedoctorwedwhistle
Also what other lego sites do you use besides stud.io and LDD Mr4543r

@Thedoctorwedwhistle Click on free build (paper with a green plus) with Digital Designer Extended. Once when the build area is opened, click developer and click "Toggle Physics Test" to turn off collision detection. Then, click file and import model. I hope this will help.

Edited by GLAP23

@Thedoctorwedwhistle You're welcome. :classic:

@mr4543r I am now requesting permission to modify your Garma Mecha Man because I have built more of the Garma Mecha Man than I did for the Ice Tank. Here is almost everything I built:

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20almost.png

I did say before that I would finish the Garma Mecha Man last, but I just want to get it done and out of the way. It is one of the best mechs that has appeared in Ninjago related media.

Of course, by what means do you suggest that I send it or would you prefer that I publish it on my bricksafe page?