GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

9 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

For those who are wondering how the legs and linear actuators/pistons attach:

Shark%20Mech%20Technic%20Structure%201.p

Shark%20Mech%20Technic%20Structure%202.p

Here is another set size comparison, but with the Fire Mech this time.

Fire%20Mech%20Size%20Comparison.png

That's great but i still trying to figure out where those pistons from the ankles connect to the legs. Another thing I'd like to know is if it will be able to stand on its own legs. Amazing job ad always! 

@Matteo Nottoli The linear actuators/pistons that are connected to the ankles attach to a cross axle just below the knee joint. Here is a closer look.

Garm%20Mech%20Technic%20Structure%203.pn

I am not sure if the mech will be able to stand on its legs, but the linear actuators/pistons and leg joints can possibly keep the legs stable.

Edited by GLAP23

8 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli The linear actuators/pistons that are connected to the ankles attach to a cross axle just below the knee joint. Here is a closer look.

Garm%20Mech%20Technic%20Structure%203.pn

I am not sure if the mech will be able to stand on its legs, but the linear actuators/pistons and leg joints can possibly keep the legs stable.

Thank you so much for the clarifications. Can't wait to have the instruction for this beautiful model! Im sure it will be very complicate and expensive to build but im ready for the challenge. By the way I'm very curious to see the models that you built

Hello,

i'm new to Eurobricks and i'm absolutely amazed and love Glap 23's movie accurate recreations from the Lego Ninjago Movie 

i decided to build his green ninja mech dragon (still being worked on)

i cant send the images due to them being too large and i don't now another way to send them to Glap 23 

if anyone can help?

Edited by Ninjago_fan2123

9 hours ago, Ninjago_fan2123 said:

Hello,

i'm new to Eurobricks and i'm absolutely amazed and love Glap 23's move accurate recreations from the Lego Ninjago Movie 

i decided to build his green ninja mech dragon (still being worked on)

i cant send the images due to them being too large and i don't now another way to send them to Glap 23 

if anyone can help?

Had the same problem. You have to upload the pictures on a site like Flickr then copy the link of the Flickr page with the image that you want and copy it in the reply

Edited by Matteo Nottoli

9 hours ago, Ninjago_fan2123 said:

Ok so i was finally able to upload the picture 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189211979@N08/shares/43iE6j

Thanks to Matteo Nottoli for helping me 

Thats a big boy! It's a pity that many pieces do not exist in the sand green color or gold but it's a great job. I wonder how expensive is to build a model like that. Can't wait to see the finished build

Mine is a work in progress as well.

blue72_ninja_mech01.jpg

This would have taken soooooooooo much longer to figure out without GLAP23's excellent work.

Blue 72 i am wondering what pieces did you use to stand it up. Also yours is just amazing and yea i do agree that it would have been difficult and much longer to figure out without GLAP23's work

I also did want to mention that there was another shark boat in the film 

here's the picture https://www.flickr.com/photos/189211979@N08/50073619466/in/datetaken/

Edited by Ninjago_fan2123

On 7/3/2020 at 7:46 PM, Ninjago_fan2123 said:

Blue 72 i am wondering what pieces did you use to stand it up. Also yours is just amazing and yea i do agree that it would have been difficult and much longer to figure out without GLAP23's work

I also did want to mention that there was another shark boat in the film 

here's the picture https://www.flickr.com/photos/189211979@N08/50073619466/in/datetaken/

Can't see the picture

On 7/3/2020 at 11:46 AM, Ninjago_fan2123 said:

What pieces did you use to stand it up?

I basically had a bunch of 2x2 square and round bricks and just did it trial and error style (with plenty of errors).  I was working section-by-section, from front to rear, replacing incorrect bits along the way.  This thing is crazy fragile (as I'm sure Ninjago_fan2123 can attest to) and it fell apart so, so many times while trying to get it to stand up.  In fact, in that picture, something had already collapsed in the section where the front legs attach, but I'm too afraid to touch it now because I know half of the thing will crumble to bits the moment I do.  During the build process, I had reinforced a number of sections that for sure wouldn't hold together under stress/gravity, but this thing loves to shed horns, fins, and whole sections at the drop of a hat.

Also, I'm stealing your black 41747/41748 color scheme. I like it better than the dark green ones I had started using on mine.

i'm still figuring out the problem with the picture i uploaded but ill get there to posting it up,

anyways, i did want to talk about the poly bag version of jays lightning jet as the only picture we see of that build is in the Lego Ninjago Movie making of the movie book. I have tried to figure out some parts of the build but its seemingly the back part of the build that i cant figure out.

Here's the picture i had trouble uploading

rsz_fullsizer

This Version of the shark boat has some what back part of the original shark boat but its hard to make out how the head was made out of and the sides of where the fins were

and i am wondering if GLAP23 is going to make the destiny's bounty when done with the mech's 

Hmm, you have a good eye, I never knew there was another shark boat, looks like its head is similar to Garmadon's Shark Walker just a smaller version. Also, I remember asking him the same question and looks like he's up for the challenge to create it.

A movie-scale Destiny's Bounty? That sounds like quite the undertaking.....

blue72_destiny_bounty01.jpg

The heads look amazing! its a shame that Lego couldn't make the sets movie accurate well i mean a few of them, like the Piranha, clam drone, jelly fish sub, and the manta ray bomber. but i'm glad there's people making the movie versions like myself, and possibly the ninjas mechs could become VIP sets due to their insanely complicated instructions and how delicate they can be.

Yea the Destiny's Bounty does seem hard to create, especially the bottom with it being quite hard to see with it being underwater in most scenes, but it can be seen when the Destiny bounty is flying but it is somewhat blurry. You can also see the bottom of the ship from a poster of Master Wu with his ship.

(update on the dragon) The Green ninja mech dragon is nearly finished, but i'm going to make the most dangerous risk with this build.. holding it up. the only way of me doing this was super gluing areas where they felt loose or parts that would fall off when moving certain parts of the dragon. also i am considering on building jays lightning jet, the build its self has some pretty easy areas to build but for the most part i am interested if anyone has attempted to build the ninjas mechs.

I did go back to look over jays lightning jet and noticed that there were areas that didn't connect and looked unfinished but i'm sure GLAP23 will look it over, if anyone did notice 

@Matteo Nottoli The models that I have built in real life are the Manta Ray Bomber, Flying Jelly Sub, and the Piranha. I do have the small crab mech, but it is still in its set form.

@Ninjago_fan2123 In regards to the Lightning Jet's missing pieces, the lightning jet actually has areas that don't connect in the movie. Look more closely at some of the close up shots of the lightning jet and you will see, but I can make a modified version with attached areas if you want.

The Destiny's Bounty will be a challenge to build along with the Garma Mecha Man, but with enough reference material and high resolution or high definition footage of the movie, it will be much easier to figure out and build details.

Anyway, good work on your dragon mechs @blue72 and @Ninjago_fan2123.

I plan to release Garmadon's Shark Mech sometime this week since I'm just about done building it.

Edited by GLAP23

I've still got a few parts coming from the UK (including those hard to find orange flames for the tail), but here's where mine stands as of this morning.

blue72_ninja_mech02.jpg

The sky is cloudy today, so the light isn't all that great.  I thought y'all might like the family portrait so that there is a greater sense of scale.  This is sitting on top of a 1.2 meter (4 foot) long piece of plywood and it fills every bit of it.

@blue72 it looks amazing, and also having that comparison of the lego set one to. 

With my dragon it's about finished and all i have to do is super glue pieces together and it will be able to hold, but i will be cautious in some areas.

i did notice that the small boat in the Jelly fish sub set is inaccurate too as the accurate one is in the "Making of the Lego Ninjago Movie Book" but i did some what manage to make the smaller boat from the video game and from the book as well.

So i did start building jays lightning jet and decided to modify the parts in the front that connect with the crane harbor rails, reason to this is because those pieces are expensive and cant really be found on brick link or any other brick site. But i will be super gluing the areas that don't connect