GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

Hello everyone. Welcome to my LEGO Ninjago Movie screen-accurate mech recreation project. Here, I will show you all of my recreations of the mechs from the LEGO Ninjago Movie. Since it is unlikely Warner Bros., Animal Logic, or LEGO will release instructions for the models used in the movie, I decided to reconstruct all of the mechs for everyone to build.

All completed models are available to download here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/GLAP23

Here's a list of everything finished:

• Green Ninja Mech Dragon
  • Water Strider
  • Lightning Jet
  • Fire Mech
  • Quake Mech
  • Garmadon's Shark Walker

Here's a list of everything not finished or not built yet:

• Ice Tank
  • Garma Mecha Man

Feel free to add on to this project.

Updates will be posted on this topic.

First picture of progress from October 2018:

Green Ninja Mech Dragon (movie verison) incomplete

Edited by GLAP23
Changed the topic of the thread from only focusing on the Green Ninja Mech Dragon, but focusing on all of the mechs that appear in the movie.

This is impressive. Seriously. The detail is impressive. Are you gonna post close ups as well?

By the way, you’re probably better suited to posting it here instead next time. I’m sure the mods won’t mind moving this.

@J4ck - I'm glad you like it. Now for some close ups.

The tip of the tail to the middle of the body:

Green Ninja Mech Dragon close up 1

The neck and the head:

Green Ninja Mech Dragon close up 2

Note: The set version of the mouth pieces are being used as placeholders for the larger, nonexistent molds seen in the movie.

Some incomplete areas:

Green Ninja Mech Dragon close up 3

Also, how can I ask the mods to move this topic to the other forum?

Edited by GLAP23

This is awesome so far!  Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

This looks fantastic, thanks for posting it!  I look forward to seeing more progress on it.

@Xon67 Thanks. You are just on time for a new update. :classic:

Here are the updated areas:

The engines/thrusters:

Green Ninja Mech Dragon update 2 pic 1

Arms/front legs:

Green Ninja Mech Dragon update 2 pic 2

Edited by GLAP23

The mech is nearly finished. Now all I have to do is to work on the neck a little and the area where the neck and arms attach at.

Green Ninja Mech Dragon

Edited by GLAP23

@J4ck Thanks. :classic:

I have changed the topic from focusing on the Green Ninja Mech Dragon to all of the mechs in the movie.

Here's the other mechs that I managed the recreate. Some are incomplete:

Lightning Jet:

Lightning Jet

Water Strider:

Water Strider

Most of the Shark Army Fleet:

Shark Army Fleet

I'm hoping to build the Garma Mecha Man, but it's such a huge and complex model. It has over 8132 bricks alone!

@Dardanel Thank You. As for released models, I have uploaded all of the Shark Army fleet that I have completed. Link: https://bricksafe.com/pages/GLAP23/ The Ninjas' mechs will eventually be released later when I finish them.

@Renny The Spaceman Thanks for your response. I'm glad you like these recreations.

After I get finished with the Water Strider, Lightning Jet, and the Green Ninja Mech Dragon, I will start on both of Garmadon's mechs, starting with the first mech Garmadon used in the movie.

Edited by GLAP23

@Takanuinuva The Water Strider is actually Titanium Metallic or Pearl Dark Grey. It may seem black at times because of the lighting, depending on which scene it appears in. This is the same case with the Garma Mecha Man as it's primarily Titanium Metallic too.

@Scarilian The Fire Mech is on my to-do list. As a matter of fact, I already started on it, but only the arms are finished. I still need to figure out how they attach to the shoulders.

Fire Mech Arms

Updates have been done to the Water Strider:

Water Strider Update 1

The Flying Jelly Sub, Crab Tank (small crab mech), Piranha, and the Shark Boat have been updated too as inaccuracies have been found.

Edited by GLAP23

You're slowly getting there! Keep it up : ) Have you considered making other stuff from the movie as well? I'd love to see a buildable model of the monorail :D

@Dardanel I did build other stuff from the movie, but I'm planning on saving all of that for later after I finish the mechs.

@KaiNinjaOfFire Thank you. :classic:

I have updated the Flying Jelly Sub once again. I have also found out there is another type of Flying Jelly Sub. It is a little different compared the type we see mostly in the movie. The only scene this type appears in is one part of the first 'Heroes' scene when Cole smashes some with his mech. This version is most likely an earlier design before changes were made to it. Here's a comparison:

Earlier Design:

Flying Jelly Sub Earlier Design

Final Design:

Flying Jelly Sub Final Movie Design