LEGO Train 12 Volts

Lego Idea Chemical Plant

I just knew that Chemical Plant has reached 10.000 votes on LEGO Idea :excited:

chemical_plant.jpg

How do you rate this MOC?

Is it the kind of construction you would buy for your train circuit?

I personally consider this MOC an essential element which increases the railways playability ...a "must" for all the fans of model railroad!

I hope this MOC could become an official Lego set!

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

TLG has never done anything like it - so very very few have anything like it.  If this becomes a set I can see it as being incredibly popular.  My one worry is that it will be rejected because of the incompatible train track.  Many don't have a train.  Or if it does become a set, this feature of the set will be removed.  I expect it to sell for about the same prices as a modular.

Edited by Vilhelm22

I think it could sell if TLG took out the train element and had 2 road loading areas, it would be very easy to then MOD it to fit a railway layout. They would certainly sell one to me.

I'll take the opposite approach, it's way too detailed for my Small layout on a door. While I certainly appreciate the detail and love the look my layout isn't that 'refined'. I don't agree with the opinion that the train track is incompatible with the theme. Anyway it's easily removed by TLG and easily added back on by train enthusiasts. My guess, if produced it won't include the train tracks. 

Awesome, fingers crossed it will pass the review. I will gladly buy at least two copies. Sadly I have my doubts tho, I guess it`s not enviroment-friendly enough these days...

9 hours ago, Andy Glascott said:

I think it could sell if TLG took out the train element and had 2 road loading areas, it would be very easy to then MOD it to fit a railway layout. They would certainly sell one to me.

I totally agree!:thumbup:

This set has minifig scale, it is a unique idea and integrates well with any City or Modular Buildings layout, so I expect it to become a product and it will be a product that sells very well. Lego will certainly keep the train track because it seduces several buyers to buy the cargo train, too.

It is a Chemical Plant … how could I ever not vote/hope/buy this wonderful rendition? It is a fantastic build.

And it fits perfectly well into a train yard - as the amount of chemicals produced in such a plant go often well beyond what can be hauled by trucks in any reasonable way …

It must come through …

All the best - and thanks Emanuele for pointing that out!!!
Thorsten    

Would buy at least 1.  Keep the tracks and maybe sell a few more trains.

Wish there were more rail side structures in ideas and as official sets along with single rolling stock sets.

Edited by CSW652

I hope this gets approved.  I would ABSOLUTELY buy at least one!    I also supported this set on Lego Ideas.   So happy to see it reach 10000 votes!

I love it and hat's why I supported it. It would be a great addition to a train lay-out with plenty of opportunities to further expand it. Though I fear it may not get through, I surely hope it will.

I'm hoping for more like this. I believe Lego should look at the history of Model Trains in general ( I AM NOT A FAN OF RAIL) and see that industrial models are good sellers. I am working on a iron blast furnace and a chemical plant goes well with it, since the coke plant of the blast furnace generates coal gasses that feed chemical plants. I'd personally buy any industrial model that they would offer.

Honestly, I'm afraid this submission lacks the romanticism that would make an Ideas project appealing to a broader audience beyond those are definitely interested in it, not to mention that it kinda fits into the City theme a little too nicely. In other words, this project might be rejected based upon the same grounds many Modular Building projects are rejected, if you know what I mean. :def_shrug:

I've seen this plant a while ago, looking for some inspration, looks cool.
I like the whole build and think it would be great to be a set. It fits with the trains but in the town it looks great as well. I think it's an idea to make a 'line' of it. I mean some kind of basemodel/set with some expansionsets, so you can expand the plant.

How about a harbor set?

ps. I think the train/truck part is a bit 'squeezed. I think a few studs wider would be nicer (and saver :wink: it's a dangerous envirement).

Edited by neonic

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Honestly, I'm afraid this submission lacks the romanticism that would make an Ideas project appealing to a broader audience beyond those are definitely interested in it, not to mention that it kinda fits into the City theme a little too nicely. In other words, this project might be rejected based upon the same grounds many Modular Building projects are rejected, if you know what I mean. :def_shrug:

Ideas buildings are rejected when they are too similar to the Modulars. Lego releases one Modular per year and they won't release a second one as Ideas set. The Chemical Plant is different, it does not compete directly with the Modulars.

The Chemical Plant fits in the minifig world, but its far more detailed than City sets. It don't think they reject it because its too close to the City theme.

The Chemcial Plant is exactly the kind of set all fans into building a Lego city are waiting for, a set that goes beyond the reiterative City sets, a set that adds something completely new to a Lego city. Nearly all Lego cities I've seen have trains, buildings and an amusement park and some a monorail. It's time that the minifig world becomes more diversified.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, legotownlinz said:

The Chemcial Plant is exactly the kind of set all fans into building a Lego city are waiting for, a set that goes beyond the reiterative City sets, a set that adds something completely new to a Lego city. Nearly all Lego cities I've seen have trains, buildings and an amusement park and some a monorail. It's time that the minifig world becomes more diversified.

I completely agree with this assessment. 100%. Plus: Without such plants, we would struggle with a lot of every days life challenges.

Very, very well said.

Best,
Thorsten 

On 10/23/2018 at 1:03 AM, legotownlinz said:

The Chemcial Plant is a set that goes beyond the reiterative City sets, a set that adds something completely new to a Lego city

Right point of view ... I also fully agree with you and Thorsten!

My only fear is the high number of pieces that could lead to discard the set ... for the rest, reading the comments, it seems to me that Lego staff is enthusiastic about the project: this idea has been selected as a staff pick ....fingers crossed! :wink:

18 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

It's a pity that a so beautiful project hasn't won :wall:

Same here, Emanuele and @Ymarilego. And more than pity.

Question Ymarilego: Do you plan on/have already/want to sell/want to share building instructions? I love to have this my office (there is more LEGO already:wink:) - this would really stand out and make my point: Having fun and doing hard work go very well with each other - when you want that.

All the best,
Thorsten