Larry Andersen

Multiple MOC at the same time

Sometimes, I do when we have events geared towards different audiences.  It is no different than juggling several projects at work.

Absolutely work on many simultaneously, I often get bored or stuck on one moc and then work on another. Consequently I often have a vehicle of some sort, an aircraft, spaceship and a building or scene going on at any one time. I want this to be fun and not seem like a job, so I pick up whatever tickles my fancy on any given day. 

Surprisingly I currently only have 3 going on right now, a technic crawler, a system brick 4 prop cargo plane and some random modular style building. 

I actually need to tear down some built sets as usual. 

Edit; also fiddle with many POC small builds almost daily. 

Edited by Johnny1360

I guess I'm in the minority on this one.  If I stop working on one MOC to start on another the first one gets set aside and forgotten about.  More often than not it end up being disassembled later on either for the parts or the space.  I never was very good at multi-tasking.

I work on multiple projects all the time. It's useful for different moods/ states of minds. One day you might brood over complicated Technic stuff, the other day you might prefer to do something more creative using conventional bricks and on yet another day one might just chug away putting together a commercial model almost like a brainless robot.

Mylenium

5 hours ago, Larry Andersen said:

If I stop working on one MOC to start on another the first one gets set aside and forgotten about. More often than not it end up being disassembled later on either for the parts or the space.

Happens to me as well. It's not about "forgetting" the model, though. It's more a case of working yourself into a corner and then starting over from scratch, trying to do things better.

Mylenium

I build a lot of things at the same time as I get a lot of ideas. My Big Project, was large enough that while it was all one structure there were sections and parts to work on as "separate" MOCs. If one part was confusing or annoying me I could move apart.

Now I am back to building a lot of things (and sorting, so much sorting!).

When I had not much bricks it was always 1 MOC at a time.

Now when I have more bricks and I know LDD I have lot of projects open.

Especially during building big dioramas I made lot of smaller MOCs to not get bored. 

And LDD is always full of ideas and MOC drafts for the future projects ;)

I tend to work on one complex and/or large model at a time. My LEGO collection is tiny (maybe 10-12000 parts in total) compared to most on here so I can only do one at a time. I also don't buy sets, only individual parts as and when I need them which doesn't help. I have several other non-LEGO projects on the go such as my hamster cage or my lawn tractor restoration so when I get bored of building with LEGO or I'm waiting for parts, I work on those projects.

The only thing I do at the same time is trying to figure out a key visual (usually window area) of a modular. Once I have one that I am confident with I finish the build and focus on it completely before going back to other.

Usually I work on just one build at a time, and finish it before moving onto anything else.

Sometimes special circumstances lead to me working on multiple models at once though.