Daddy_Stardust

[MOD] Imperial Landing Craft 75221

Nice mods! I like what you have done with the ship!

You mention that the big 8x6x2 wedges at the back are not available on bricklink in white, if you still want to try this mod you can buy two halves of this part:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=10854#T=P&C=1

These are in white in plenty of sets, and thus cheap enough on bricklink.

I have yet to get this ship, hope I find such a good deal as you did... 43 pounds on amazon... that's almost pocket money for this set! How do you find this good deals?!

When I'll get mine I'll definitely do your landing gear MOD. It improves the ship a lot!

24 minutes ago, TWP said:

Nice mods! I like what you have done with the ship!

You mention that the big 8x6x2 wedges at the back are not available on bricklink in white, if you still want to try this mod you can buy two halves of this part:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=10854#T=P&C=1

These are in white in plenty of sets, and thus cheap enough on bricklink.

I have yet to get this ship, hope I find such a good deal as you did... 43 pounds on amazon... that's almost pocket money for this set! How do you find this good deals?!

When I'll get mine I'll definitely do your landing gear MOD. It improves the ship a lot!

Thank you for the link, though I will actually say in retrospect, the front mod I went with is arguable actually less overt with the gaps than that part allows. When viewed from the rear I learned its gaps are actually far larger than my "pod clamps" cover so didn't pursue this route. But thank you though, do appreciate it! :sweet:

I never took updated photos of the landing gear from below, but if the words of warning from others are to be taken, be sure to use skeleton arms instead of droid arms for strength.

Haha, it's a simple case of just checking every day! As I've said in other threads though, I do live in the Channel Islands, so we don't get charged VAT, so that always results in an extra "discount", but there's not much that we do get here; there's only two toy shops, a local one and a really poor Entertainer - we get no exclusives, no offers, we can't even buy from Lego.com (no points, no shop at home, no Bricks & Pieces) - they refuse to ship here, but if there's an Amazon offer, there's at least that little bit extra to enjoy. Makes up for 95% of everything else we never get to see or enjoy!

42 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Thank you for the link, though I will actually say in retrospect, the front mod I went with is arguable actually less overt with the gaps than that part allows. When viewed from the rear I learned its gaps are actually far larger than my "pod clamps" cover so didn't pursue this route. But thank you though, do appreciate it! :sweet:

I never took updated photos of the landing gear from below, but if the words of warning from others are to be taken, be sure to use skeleton arms instead of droid arms for strength.

Haha, it's a simple case of just checking every day! As I've said in other threads though, I do live in the Channel Islands, so we don't get charged VAT, so that always results in an extra "discount", but there's not much that we do get here; there's only two toy shops, a local one and a really poor Entertainer - we get no exclusives, no offers, we can't even buy from Lego.com (no points, no shop at home, no Bricks & Pieces) - they refuse to ship here, but if there's an Amazon offer, there's at least that little bit extra to enjoy. Makes up for 95% of everything else we never get to see or enjoy!

Yeah, that may be true, those wedge parts will still give the gabs you wanted to avoid. I really like your current solution, I wouldn't have thought of using those old 80 space seats to connect the plates. Probalbly because I don't own any of those :grin:

Hmm, yeah, droid arms are indeed not so strong. I'll see if it holds, else I migth try some technic.

This is absolutely amazing. Started to try and identify the extra parts you've modified. Sorry if it sounds lazy but is there any chance you could share the shopping list/item list of the extra bits you've added for the exterior?

Edited by olofmando

On 4/3/2019 at 8:02 PM, olofmando said:

This is absolutely amazing. Started to try and identify the extra parts you've modified. Sorry if it sounds lazy but is there any chance you could share the shopping list/item list of the extra bits you've added for the exterior?

Thank you so much, I'm off from work this week so will try and work out an inventory of pieces for you.

I was just winging it as I went along so a lot of it was just trial and error, so never made any record of parts as I was working on it.

I purchased this shuttle to do exactly what Daddy_Stardust has shown. I bricklinked all the parts I thought I needed and followed the pics as closely as I could to achieve the same results. thanks for the inspiration, I went from hating this set to one of my favorites! Also did a quick photoshop scene with it!

More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1rYgneEuzX6JhoeKA

shuttle-desert-small.thumb.jpg.a991bdbf59e20e103854c17acf9eae1a.jpg

Edited by SenatorKelley
added link

On 6/6/2019 at 7:16 PM, SenatorKelley said:

I purchased this shuttle to do exactly what Daddy_Stardust has shown. I bricklinked all the parts I thought I needed and followed the pics as closely as I could to achieve the same results. thanks for the inspiration, I went from hating this set to one of my favorites! Also did a quick photoshop scene with it!

More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1rYgneEuzX6JhoeKA

That looks fantastic, you're very welcome, so happy my aimless tinkering could have been of influence to you! I too went from hating the thing to loving it :)

Have you modified the inside at all?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 6/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

That looks fantastic, you're very welcome, so happy my aimless tinkering could have been of influence to you! I too went from hating the thing to loving it :)

Have you modified the inside at all?

Yeah, but not really happy with all of it, I did add stairs on the center compartment, I was making a command center in the center similar to yours before I saw your post reply. I'll post pics when I got it nailed down! 

On 2/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, MAG85 said:

Thanks Daddy_Stardust for your good template.  I used some of your MODs for my version of the Imperial Landing Craft.

The biggest change I did, is the extension of the middle section by four studs. I simply ad another wall element. The second big change is the tail. I lowered it by one stud.

46222214024_3a8ebf5da9_c.jpgLandingcraft_1, on Flickr

Landingcraft_2, on Flickr

Great improvement of the inside @MAG85. The official LEGO Set is very poor detailed and a bit compressed like a little round baby :grin:. For that and for the reason, that I wanted for a long time an as accurat as possible Imperial Sentinel Class Shuttle MOC in LEGO, I build this version:

This is my older version... 
and this is the finished version (95%) :).
The only downside of it is that it has no huge interior. 

Edited by TheCreatorr

54 minutes ago, lswmocs said:

looks so much better, are you going to build a hanger?

I ask carefully, do you mean my MOC?  

One more question: What is a hanger? Do you mean hangar? 

On 6/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, TheCreatorr said:

I ask carefully, do you mean my MOC?  

One more question: What is a hanger? Do you mean hangar? 

Didn't realise this was an English lesson

I hate to bump, but Stardust or MAG85, if it's not much of an issue, could you post blown-apart pictures of the wing joints and body extension? I'm planning on putting my Sentinel back together and I'm really interested in those two mods.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:21 PM, Gremer2 said:

I hate to bump, but Stardust or MAG85, if it's not much of an issue, could you post blown-apart pictures of the wing joints and body extension? I'm planning on putting my Sentinel back together and I'm really interested in those two mods.

I moved and the shuttle is stored in boxes. I will keep it in mind and take pictures when I put it back on shelf.