Murdoch17

1920's Fire Station with pumper fire truck - 10263 MOD

This building is inspired by set 10263 (Winter Village Fire Station), while the pumper truck was originally designed by Brick City Depot alongside their version of a Winter Village fire station. The fire truck has been built in real life for almost a year, but a good fire station design to go with it has eluded me until very recently, when I downloaded set 10263 from Eurobricks' "official LEGO sets in LDD" topic (which was built by @Migui94, just to be clear. :classic:)

30423753717_6db3ab7b2d_z.jpg

As you can see, both have been heavily modified, with the building having an opening rear half / removable roof and an bright red color scheme and the truck being rebuilt from the front end to the cab. (which has a roof!)

43547494310_43f4e1d2bf_z.jpg

The rear of the building has a couple windows and plenty of room for the fire truck inside, while the top of the tower has a water barrel.

30423753857_6a4a06de4d_z.jpg

Inside on the front half is the fireman's pole, with half the the living quarters upstairs and some equipment down near the truck. The building locks shut on a Technic pin to keep the building from opening during transit to shows / during storage.

43547494390_37167239a4_z.jpg

The upper floor roof is also removable on the two half-sections, to access the enclosed bunk-room and get at the kitchen better. Four figures can sleep in the bunk beds, (good luck getting the two in the bottom sections, though!) and the pool table is supposed to have this print for the eight ball. The kitchen section has two chairs, a radio, telephone, dog bed, stove, sink and coffee machine.

Please NOTE: the building is only open-able to 90 degrees. Any further bashes the roof into itself or the wall into the outside lantern (if the roof is removed).

25818385188_9de63ba116_z.jpg

This fire truck was originally designed by Brick City Depot alongside their Winter Village fire station, but was been heavily redesigned by me a while back to better fit with the rest of my early 1900's vehicles.

25818385418_0b62c505ed_z.jpg

This truck features two hoses, two fire extinguishers and a ladder. One seat is included for the driver.

As usual, comments, questions, complaints, and suggestions are welcome!

I love this expansion of the winter village fire station. It feels much more like a real building and fits in well with the rest of your old-time buildings. The fire truck definitely has an old-time feel to it, as well.

Looks great!  Having the truck sticking out at the back in the winter village version just wasn't right.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, TheBuildingBlock said:

I love this expansion of the winter village fire station. It feels much more like a real building and fits in well with the rest of your old-time buildings. The fire truck definitely has an old-time feel to it, as well.

Thank you @TheBuildingBlock, I plan on adding this to my real-world buildings sometime next year.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:41 PM, Kristel said:

Looks great!  Having the truck sticking out at the back in the winter village version just wasn't right.

Thanks @Kristel! I agree, the original set felt unfinished with the truck sticking out the back.

On 10/17/2018 at 2:34 AM, carebear said:

Great Idea!

Love the Truck!!!

Greetings!

Thanks @carebear!