Recommended Posts

hi,

 got a problem with a connection between two surface

Problem.jpg.399cbdfb29078181dcd6c03bd538515e.jpg

the only solution i have found is this.... on the side of the blue plate there is a hinge that make the inclination of the gray plate and his position in space..

with the rubber technic axle connector (45590)i think to reach the goal...

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=45590&name=Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible (Rubber)&category=[Technic, Connector]#T=C

but i'm not satisfied... i give you a link of the lxf if someone want help me

most important: the dark grey plate, the light bluish grey plate and the light bluish grey wedge plate must be exactly in that position... dont move them

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MPsp8_3frJEA1r0X7XI8s8Og8rXrbo7C

thanks to all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’d help to know where (and what) the “blue hinge” is exactly, in order to work the math rather than fumble in the dark with trial and error.

Also, what are the possibilities for the connection/red parts?  Can we put anything of anysize anywhere?

How will it be built?  Do you want the LBG plate to hinge close and click in the red parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

It’d help to know where (and what) the “blue hinge” is exactly, in order to work the math rather than fumble in the dark with trial and error.

Also, what are the possibilities for the connection/red parts?  Can we put anything of anysize anywhere?

How will it be built?  Do you want the LBG plate to hinge close and click in the red parts?

maybe my english is bad.... i hope to explain better this time:

i need to connect the LBG plate with the DG plate... but i need them in that position (imagine the LBG plate as a door, the hinge is on the side of blue plate... i need a permanent lock system not over the DG plate space)

the red parts are only the example of my attempt... with the rubber axle connector 45590 (LDD not allow to deform it to can fit on the two red axle, but i think in real world it works)

you can move or erase all the red and blue parts... but the LBG parts and the DG part can't be moved or all my moc structure will gone...

 

anyway, thanks for your help

Edited by Rustinidiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so we can replace the red parts with anything, but nothing over the DBG plate.

I’ll try to rephrase the other questions:

What do you use to place the LBG part and what’s the position of the hinge point relatively to the DBG part?  If we know the exact measures of the triangle, it would be easier to mathematically find a solution.

And does that hinge have enough liberty so that, when you build the model, the LBG part could be “open” and you just “close” and connect it to the red parts?  Finding an easy way to build is part of the design :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

Okay, so we can replace the red parts with anything, but nothing over the DBG plate.

I’ll try to rephrase the other questions:

What do you use to place the LBG part and what’s the position of the hinge point relatively to the DBG part?  If we know the exact measures of the triangle, it would be easier to mathematically find a solution.

And does that hinge have enough liberty so that, when you build the model, the LBG part could be “open” and you just “close” and connect it to the red parts?  Finding an easy way to build is part of the design :wink:

i made another lxf model

Problem2.jpg.d92a6f930354824e000b265bb40a1fe6.jpg

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l8QTxDTpqYfYc2SvlnI925YhSjfB1Iuu

the hinge angle is 18,7

you can build a solution only inside the DBG surface

the LBG panel will be blocked, it will not open and close... it will be firm in that position

Edited by Rustinidiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rustinidiel said:

the LBG panel will be blocked, it will not open and close... it will be firm in that position

The question was about building time, not afterward.

Anyway, you can simply (almost) repeat your hinge (you just need to remove one plate):

problem3.jpg

The hinge points are 6 studs x 19 studs apart, that’s a 17.526° angle.  Removing the plate on the blue connection adds an angle whose tangent is 1 plate x 20 studs, that’s a 1.146° angle.  The sum is then 18.671° which, I believe, is near enough to your 18.7° angle.

Edited by SylvainLS
Added the math

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

The question was about building time, not afterward.

Anyway, you can simply (almost) repeat your hinge (you just need to remove one plate):

problem3.jpg

The hinge points are 6 studs x 19 studs apart, that’s a 17.526° angle.  Removing the plate on the blue connection adds an angle whose tangent is 1 plate x 20 studs, that’s a 1.146° angle.  The sum is then 18.671° which, I believe, is near enough to your 18.7° angle.

my god! was so simple?

math is an obscure thing for me :)

thanks a lot, now i can continue creating my moc!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.