Sign in to follow this  
halixon

New Idols (Challenge I Entry)

44435255485_c378d51bc5.jpg

Kaliphlin is dominated by the Aslanic faith. It thrives in nearly every nook and cranny, although some people wish for new gods.

A gathering took place just a few weeks ago. A gathering of individuals who wish for such heresies. Together they toiled,

chiseling away at rocks and boulders, carving the statues of a new god. This god, unknown to many, has a very zealous following.

This is just one of many statues that can be seen spread out along the main roads of Kaliphlin, currently under construction.

44435255585_6a34ff0415.jpg

A lord of a nearby town shows the High Priest the progress of the statue.

45348729511_fe8e272d61.jpg

A sculptor chisels at the stone and a builder wobbles on the scaffolding. 

45348729431_1ba4df11be.jpg

Two mysterious men observe the statue with their own hidden agendas.

The build without figs:

45348729291_5dd766907d.jpg

45348729011_e82170e405.jpg

Finally got my entry in! It's a last minute one but I did it! I may or may not have procrastinated a lot with this one :grin: 

Edited by Windusky

I like this, I like that Historica is a land with many beliefs.  Can we get a pic of the priest from the front though?

Interesting! Sounds like there might be an ongoing storyline here? :classic:

On 10/16/2018 at 1:27 AM, Muakhah said:

I like this, I like that Historica is a land with many beliefs.  Can we get a pic of the priest from the front though?

I'll be posting pics on my flickr soon!

On 10/16/2018 at 7:21 AM, Gabe said:

Interesting! Sounds like there might be an ongoing storyline here? :classic:

There indeed is! It'll be tied in with my sigfig's story, once that starts.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, Gunman said:

Cyte little build :) Keep it up mate

32 minutes ago, Rogue Angel said:

Nice build - I really like the minifig use and the action incorporated.

Thanks guys!

I'm actually more intrigued by the story than the build.  The mystery is great!  As for the build, it has that barren Kaliphlin feel to it, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at in terms of the statue.  Perhaps that's part of the mystery and your intent, however, so I will wait patiently for the next build and more to be revealed...

9 hours ago, Grover said:

I'm actually more intrigued by the story than the build.  The mystery is great!  As for the build, it has that barren Kaliphlin feel to it, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at in terms of the statue.  Perhaps that's part of the mystery and your intent, however, so I will wait patiently for the next build and more to be revealed...

Glad you're interested, when I've just barely begun to scratch the surface! :laugh:

That statue looks rather unfinished, but the SW gunner's helmet looks almost like an Egyptian crown... could this be a DK religious cult?

I am not a big fan of the black border, especially with the openings; either 1. leave off the border, and make an irregular base; 2. complete the border and have a fully contained build; or 3. have the interior content spill out of the border through the gaps. The way it is now, it just looks like you ran out of black pieces, since the tan stops at the same line as the black border. Good job with the fig posing, though. I especially like the guy gesturing for the priest to view the progress. 

Great to see the religious aspects of Historica continuing to be fleshed out!
There are tons of possible intrigues to come from the clash between different beliefs :wink:

Like the idea behind this one. Makes for a solid little vignette though I'd like to have seen the statue in a more advanced state just to tease it more.