david4662

[MOC] Ferrari Enzo (2003)

I attempted to recreate the iconic Ferrari Enzo in the scale of the Speed Champions line. I built it in LDD, then imported it to stud.io to add the wheel detail and to render. In total, this build contains 153 individual LEGO elements.

enzo.jpg

Edited by david4662

This model, honestly doesn't look very good at all. The whole front is just a mess, front wheels too far back nose too long and just a mish mash of shapes. The side and rear fender almost work but not really. I really think it needs a major overhaul but is a good start, don't be discouraged just work on it a bit more. 

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

This model, honestly doesn't look very good at all. The whole front is just a mess, front wheels too far back nose too long and just a mish mash of shapes. The side and rear fender almost work but not really. I really think it needs a major overhaul but is a good start, don't be discouraged just work on it a bit more. 

I have been trying to move the wheel to the front, however, I haven't been able to move them , they just started interfearing with the headlight, the only part I am fairly happy about. I may try moving the headlights 1/2 a stud to the front. Would you mind clarifying the: "Almost works but not really" part?

Thanks for your feedback, I apperciate it.

Edit: I may also try replacing the F1 nose piece with something else.

Edited by david4662

12 minutes ago, david4662 said:

Edit: I may also try replacing the F1 nose piece with something else.

I'd say keep the nosepiece. It's a big feature of the real car and the element you used captures it nicely.

Regarding the proportions it is subjective but I wonder if moving the windscreen one stud forward would help? Also maybe some SNOT would let you put a tile in the gap behind the headlights.

Overall your model is recognisable as the real car so I'd consider it a good starting point for some further refinement. Thanks for sharing :)

I think moving the front a stud backwards could help. The 1/2 stud offset in front of the headlights is gone, but I think it still looks quite like an Enzo:

31481717578_f3bdce2f69_o.png

I tried making some changes: Shortened the front, moved the windscreen to the front (making the model 1 plate taller), modded the intakes(?) the  way @imvanya suggested.

Do you think it is any better?

Thank you a lot for your advice and criticisms.

enzo 2.0 2.jpg