2 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I don’t remember seeing Officer Toque in the first one?! Drat...now I have to rewatch it for the 9,000th time. Having those other characters show up does make you wonder about the relationship. I suppose both kids could simply have the same sets/minifigs(although they did use the old Ninjago look for nameless Lloyd). Or we’re overthinking the connection & the team just thought it’d be fun to put all those characters in. :tongue: 

Looking back, you also said the double decker couch was in Ninjago, where?

I should of made myself more clear, Officer Toque isn't in the first one I was referring to you saying he's in TLM2. 

Though the live action casts of both films COULD just so happen to have the same Minifigures, similar builds and plot elements it's just more fun (and less contrived) to assume their just friends 

The double decker couch appears when Cole's docking his mech right after Garmadon's first invasion 

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I should of made myself more clear, Officer Toque isn't in the first one I was referring to you saying he's in TLM2. 

Though the live action casts of both films COULD just so happen to have the same Minifigures, similar builds and plot elements it's just more fun (and less contrived) to assume their just friends 

The double decker couch appears when Cole's docking his mech right after Garmadon's first invasion 

Ah, I see now, I misread that bit. Oh yeah, it’s definitely more fun to imagine them as friends instead of kids who bought the same sets. It just expands on the universe WB is building here. I’ll have to watch Ninjago again. These movies are like a “Where’s Waldo?”book.

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

THEY'RE just friends 

Get it right past Renny

11 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I’ll have to watch Ninjago again. These movies are like a “Where’s Waldo?”book.

I know the feeling

This is a rather "out-there" suggestion, one that doesn't really have much to do with WB's cinematic LEGO universe; but, what if Phil Lord and Chris Miller were able to incorporate LEGO Spider-Man into one of Into the Spider-Verse's inevitable sequels/spin-offs, due to their association with all the Lego movies so far? :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is a rather "out-there" suggestion, one that doesn't really have much to do with WB's cinematic LEGO universe; but, what if Phil Lord and Chris Miller were able to incorporate LEGO Spider-Man into one of Into the Spider-Verse's inevitable sequels/spin-offs, due to their association with all the Lego movies so far? :shrug_oh_well:

I have not seen that movie but that does seem interesting.

Now coming back to the LEGO movie universe, I wonder that is it possible to have a The Lego Clutch Powers Movie" or have him as a main character in a LEGO movie sequel? Would be pretty cool if these stuffs happens! Though the Adventures of Clutch Powers was by Universal...

Just some wishful thinking.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

20 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I have not seen that movie but that does seem interesting.

When you can, please do! It's a great movie by itself irrespective of whether or not one's seen or read any Spider-Man related media beforehand. Oh, and much like The Lego Movie & Company, it's a visual stunner as far as animated movies go! :sweet:

21 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Now coming back to the LEGO movie universe, I wonder that is it possible to have a The Lego Clutch Powers Movie" or have him as a main character in a LEGO movie sequel? Would be pretty cool if these stuffs happens! Though the Adventures of Clutch Powers was by Universal...

Just some wishful thinking.

I honestly can't see him making any sort of imprint on WB's cinematic LEGO universe beyond an Easter egg/cameo.

So the current head of WB is out and this could be make or break for the LEGOVERSE, either 

A) The new boss sees the franchises as one of WB's big boys and greenlights a future entry

Or

B) They see the past two films as proof that they never should of made this one of their "three pillars" and the franchise gets the can 'till 10-15 years down the line we get a TLM3 to capitalise on nostalgia  

Ok, LEGO is clearly not one of WB "big boys". Tha's for sure

Their big boy is and always will be DC

Then Harry Potter (but JK really needs to go and live under a rock or something)

After that, they could have some smaller franchises, but nothing big enough to be considered a "big boy"

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ok, LEGO is clearly not one of WB "big boys". Tha's for sure

Their big boy is and always will be DC

Then Harry Potter (but JK really needs to go and live under a rock or something)

After that, they could have some smaller franchises, but nothing big enough to be considered a "big boy"

I was referring to when in 2015 WB said the three pillars of their brand were WW, DC and LEGO. Whether you agree or not it was clear that at least for a time WB considered them a 'Big Boy' 

Excuse me, but are we allowed to discuss straight-to-DVD LEGO movies in this thread? You know, the LEGO Justice League tetralogy (Justice League vs. Bizzarro League, Attack of the Legion of Doom, Cosmic Clash, Gotham City Breakout), LEGO Scooby-Doo: Knight-Time Terror, Haunted Hollywood and Blowout Beach Bash, etc.

I thought this thread was limited to theatrical LEGO movies, but I wonder if we'll be getting more straight-to-DVD LEGO movies eventually...

4 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Excuse me, but are we allowed to discuss straight-to-DVD LEGO movies in this thread? You know, the LEGO Justice League tetralogy (Justice League vs. Bizzarro League, Attack of the Legion of Doom, Cosmic Clash, Gotham City Breakout), LEGO Scooby-Doo: Knight-Time Terror, Haunted Hollywood and Blowout Beach Bash, etc.

Is there no separate topic(s) for those movies? If not, perhaps this one could be inclusive of such; but, this topic was once titled something along the lines of "LEGO Cinematic Universe Discussion" before being simplified to what it is now, so I'm not sure if the newer title is necessarily accommodating of Direct-to-Home-Media releases or not. :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is there no separate topic(s) for those movies? If not, perhaps this one could be inclusive of such; but, this topic was once titled something along the lines of "LEGO Cinematic Universe Discussion" before being simplified to what it is now, so I'm not sure if the newer title is necessarily accommodating of Direct-to-Home-Media releases or not. :def_shrug:

Does anyone think I should make a new thread dedicated to straight-to-home-media LEGO films?

4 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Does anyone think I should make a new thread dedicated to straight-to-home-media LEGO films?

If there isn't already, I personally think that'd be better. :classic:

Edit: Alright, I guess there is already at least this topic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If there isn't already, I personally think that'd be better. :classic:

Edit: Alright, I guess there is already at least this topic:

Thank you so much!

Variety - Universal in Talks With Lego Group to Develop New Films Based on Toys (EXCLUSIVE)

Universal Pictures is in talks with The Lego Group to develop new feature film properties based on the popular block toys, numerous sources close to the pending deal told Variety.

Producer Dan Lin, who has made several films based on the childhood staple at Warner Bros., is expected to remain on future projects despite his overall deal at Warners.

The pact with Universal is said to be a much broader use of the intellectual property than the previous films, which saw actors like Chris Pratt and Elizabeth Banks bring life to geometric heroes in a world populated by Legos.

Among ideas Universal is floating is a reimagining of its own content library through the toys, sources said. “Jurassic World,” for instance, saw a spinoff Lego series made and sold globally in 2019, which aired in the U.S. on Nickelodeon.

7 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

So, LEGO Batman 2 is canceled?

Well there is yet another Batman movie coming soon. And if it does well it will become a trilogy. So I dont think WB would want to overkill it. So this pretty safe to say TLBM2 was danmed the second The Batman was greelighted

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Spiderman LEGO Movie...

Dude I can see that

Isn't that a disney IP?

11 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

I’m pretty sure this means The LEGO Movie franchise will be rebooted.

Shame, given how intertwined Batman and The LEGO Movie's original leads have become with the brand I wonder if this is gonna be a good idea

12 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

So, LEGO Batman 2 is canceled?

As would The Billion Brick Race, so presumably yes. :sad:

Shame, given how intertwined Batman and The LEGO Movie's original leads have become with the brand I wonder if this is gonna be a good idea

I just wanna know how Universal gonna approach a reboot animation-wise as so to differ from WB's take on such. That's gotta be a tough act to follow. :wacko:

Isn't that a disney IP?

No. It belongs to Sony. But they have an agreement with Disney, but that is just for Tom Holland's version and for the MCU only (live-action)

That's why Sony was able to made Into the Spiderverse, which Disney has nothing to do with

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No. It belongs to Sony. But they have an agreement with Disney, but that is just for Tom Holland's version and for the MCU only (live-action)

That's why Sony was able to made Into the Spiderverse, which Disney has nothing to do with

Right, my question still stands though the LEGO Movies still don't have access to that, unless there's some relationship between Sony and Universal

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I just wanna know how Universal gonna approach a reboot animation-wise as so to differ from WB's take on such. That's gotta be a tough act to follow. :wacko:

I was just thinking of that, any other take is at an immediate disadvantage 

Come to think of it, what will this new partnership mean for further representation of any original characters from TLM & TLM2 (i.e. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Benny, UniKitty, Metalbeard, etc)? Are those characters property of WB, TLG, or conjointly so? Would WB be at liberty to produce any further spin-off TV series or media based upon them during TLG & Universal's deal? :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I was just thinking of that, any other take is at an immediate disadvantage

Um, pretty much? :def_shrug: Thinking about this further throughout the day, would Universal just be able to stick to the stop-motion style that has come to define the cinematic LEGO feature, or would WB insist they find their own differing approach? 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:00 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Come to think of it, what will this new partnership mean for further representation of any original characters from TLM & TLM2 (i.e. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Benny, UniKitty, Metalbeard, etc)? Are those characters property of WB, TLG, or conjointly so? Would WB be at liberty to produce any further spin-off TV series or media based upon them during TLG & Universal's deal? :shrug_confused:

Um, pretty much? :def_shrug: Thinking about this further throughout the day, would Universal just be able to stick to the stop-motion style that has come to define the cinematic LEGO feature, or would WB insist they find their own differing approach? 

To address your second point first, I’m sure they’ll be free to use a faux stop-motion style if they choose to - it’s not as though Warner Bros. has a monopoly on it as a cinematic technique, or even one on it specifically as it applies to LEGO, given the whole point of it was to evoke the look of the stop-motion brickfilms LEGO fans have been making for decades. However, the folks making LEGO movies for Universal might intentionally opt not to use it, specifically to help distinguish these new movies from the Warner ones.

Which brings us to the first point. I believe the characters from these movies actually are technically owned jointly by LEGO and Warner. That doesn’t mean there’s absolutely no possibility of them continuing on in these new movies, but I suspect Universal will instead want to start with a fresh clean slate... although if any of the creative staff behind the extant LCU does carry over to the new movies, they may want to keep the established characters / continuity going.