Well, it looks like 2019's The Billion Brick Race is getting a new director.

From Screen Rant:

THR has revealed that Book of Life director Jorge R. Gutierrez has boarded the project as its new director. He will take over directing duties from Pearce, but will currently focus on developing the project further. No details regarding the plot of this film have been revealed, so it is unclear to what degree Gutierrez will rework Pearce’s original idea. The film has previously targeted a May 2019 release

u4yboyxyc9xs.jpg

Do you think there could be plans for a "LEGO Friends" movie?

I think the inclusion of a LEGO Friends movie poster is kinda suspicious... (along with Batman Movie and Ninjago-both of them getting an actual movie) 

Why didn't they just use a The LEGO Movie poster instead?

It could be similar to the Barbie movies from a few years back

Edited by Robert8

Does anyone think that WB may have put any potential future Lego DC spinoff movies on the back burner due to the somewhat underwhelming box office results of The Lego Batman Movie? I know there really has been nothing to suggest such a thing was ever going to happen; but with the many A-list actors and actresses that have had voice roles as Justice League members in both TLM and TLBM, I would think that WB had a potential Lego Justice League sequel to TLBM in mind for the future. :shrug_confused:

On 8/12/2017 at 0:23 AM, Robert8 said:

Do you there could be plans for a "LEGO Friends" movie?

I think the inclusion of a LEGO Friends movie poster is kinda suspicious... (along with Batman Movie and Ninjago-both of them getting an actual movie) 

Why didn't they just use a The LEGO Movie poster instead?

It could be similar to the Barbie movies from a few years back

I think they used Friends and Ninjago because they wanted to focus on some of their most popular current and upcoming themes, not because they had movies planned for all of them.

I wouldn't at all mind a LEGO Friends movie that riffs on high school movies the way The LEGO Batman Movie riffs on superhero movies (though granted, some high school movie tropes are already being used in The LEGO Ninjago Movie).

On 17/09/2017 at 4:25 AM, Aanchir said:

I think they used Friends and Ninjago because they wanted to focus on some of their most popular current and upcoming themes, not because they had movies planned for all of them.

I wouldn't at all mind a LEGO Friends movie that riffs on high school movies the way The LEGO Batman Movie riffs on superhero movies (though granted, some high school movie tropes are already being used in The LEGO Ninjago Movie).

That actually might be kind of cool. 

Not enough for me to actually get invested in the Friends theme (give me a call when Friends has explosions. Then I'll buy), but might at least be worth a watch. 

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Not enough for me to actually get invested in the Friends theme (give me a call when Friends has explosions. Then I'll buy), but might at least be worth a watch. 

Something like that just might be the case with The Lego Movie's sequel. It's more than likely that minidolls will appear in the movie, given that its plot involves the rescue of Batman from Finn's sister's room; so with that in mind, we just might see a war and/or destruction of Heartlake City in the movie, depending on who the sequel's villain is. 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

You know, can we definitively describe The Lego Movie and its resulting spinoffs and sequels collectively as a "cinematic universe"? Though all three movies we've seen so far roughly share the same style, aesthetic, and unique brand of humor, are they interconnected enough to be described as such, given how seemingly disconnected The Lego Ninjago Movie is from the other two? Maybe I should more ask, how intermeshed should a series of movies be to be considered as a universe, as opposed to a collection of successive sequels and spinoffs?

21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, can we definitively describe The Lego Movie and its resulting spinoffs and sequels collectively as a "cinematic universe"? Though all three movies we've seen so far roughly share the same style, aesthetic, and unique brand of humor, are they interconnected enough to be described as such, given how seemingly disconnected The Lego Ninjago Movie is from the other two? Maybe I should more ask, how intermeshed should a series of movies be to be considered as a universe, as opposed to a collection of successive sequels and spinoffs?

If the later movies are sequels to or spinoffs from the earlier movies, I think it's fair to consider them a universe.

Then again, each of us is entitled to an opinion, and in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't really matter what the exact relationship various LEGO movies bear to one another. That said, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if The LEGO Movie 2 or whatever it winds up being called settles the matter with allusions to events from prior movies, but we'll see.

The Green Ninja did appear in the Lego Movie, even if it was his original 2012 suit and not an up-to-date (for the time) one. That's good enough to prove canon for me. Besides, it's pretty obvious that the Green Ninja is the only important person in Movie-verse Ninjago. 

I have a quick question and I hope it's okay to ask it here. In the Lego Movie, among all the Master Builders, was the Green Ninja ever shown to be building anything? Did he build anything at all? 

I've been playing back the movie but in the cameos he has, I can't seem to find any footage of him building anything. 

Fun speculation time

We know batman is coming back for the lego movie sequel, do we expect anyone from his movie or ninjago to join up in the sequel, id love to have Emmett, robin, and some of the ninjas in a sequence together

18 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

We know batman is coming back for the lego movie sequel, do we expect anyone from his movie or ninjago to join up in the sequel, id love to have Emmett, robin, and some of the ninjas in a sequence together

We at least know Channing Tatum is returning as Superman, that is, according to the IMDb page for the sequel. Now I'd guess Robin is a eventual given, as I'd find it awkward not to have him along on a mission to rescue Batman.

As for Ninjago, at least one of the ninjas might be written into there somehow, given that it sounded like writers had settled on a script for the sequel sometime before TLNM's box office failure. Irregardless of that, Ninjago as a theme is still going pretty strong, so the failure of the movie might be irrelevant anyway.

But, having said all that, I'm personally looking more forwards to seeing what new characters will debut in the sequel, just as long as they are not UniKitty, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 2017/8/12 at 12:23 PM, Robert8 said:

you think there could be plans for a "LEGO Friends" movie?

Depends on how they deal with the film. First, it has to be a brick-based stop motion film to be in line with other LEGO cinematic works, not like the TV cartoon series which just use oridinary 3D artworks. Secondly, based on how the canon works LEGO Friends just got a reboot story in 2018, or it could be an independent story like Ninjago did.

The minidolls from TLM2 could be a market testing? If general audience are fine with minidolls in a LEGO film then TLC could consider a film with minidoll-only next time.

Ok so AT&T  and Time Warner merge was approved

What do you think this means for the LCU? (LEGO Cinematic Universe)

Edited by Robert8

On Tuesday, June 05, 2018 at 6:26 PM, J4ck said:

Wyldstyle is mentioned in TLBM so definitely TLBM and TLM1 are connected at least.

When again, i just watched itlast week and don't remember that?

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ok so AT&T Time and Warner merge was approved

What do you think this means for the LCU? (LEGO Cinematic Universe)

This was the first thing I immediately pondered upon hearing the news, but unlike a merger such as Disney/Fox, the repercussions probably wouldn't be as apparent initially.

If anything, I'd guess for now that it may only affect how quickly they'll want to progress forwards with the LCU, and whether or not they'll want to prioritize it over other "tentpole" franchises. Given the somewhat messed-up shape the DCEU looks like it's in currently in, I think they may turn the majority of their attention towards that instead.

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

When again, i just watched itlast week and don't remember that?

Definitely in there, can’t remember exactly, I think it was the first half of the movie.

So I was looking around the site for any general LEGO movie discussion there are ones for each individual film but it seems there aren't any for the franchise as a whole and given the interesting state of the franchise with the box office of TLNM, the constant shift ups with TBBR and the recent leak of TLM2 plot I thought it be a shame not to have one!

Let the discussion commence! 

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

So I was looking around the site for any general LEGO movie discussion there are ones for each individual film but it seems there aren't any for the franchise as a whole and given the interesting state of the franchise with the box office of TLNM, the constant shift ups with TBBR and the recent leak of TLM2 plot I thought it be a shame not to have one!

There is indeed already such a discussion topic. :wink:

What are the chances of getting a LEGO Spiderman movie?

Warner Bros and Sony seem to be in good terms, but now Disney is in the middle

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Just talking about Disney.... I kinda wonder what if LEGO could pull out a film or a series that mix non-license LEGO themes with the Disney/IJ/SW/Marvel licenses into a new story, since those franchises are big enough to compete with DC and ther WB related franchises.

The question would be who take the charge of animation. Unlikely we can have Disney or Pixar take the main charge if such film would not be part of their main works (the collaboration in TS and BH6 might not count).

In the case of Sony animation, while the chance is uncertain, it's unlikely they can include other Marvel, Disney characters or any LEGO originals. Wonder if Sony animation's relationship with LEGO also has to be counted? Their other works haven't been in cooperation with TLC.

Edited by Dorayaki

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If they were indeed able to legally do it, I still think Sony wouldn't be interested, as they already technically have an animated cinematic movie for the character releasing this Christmas, one that could potentially spawn sequels.