MusicaRibelle

[MOC] Modular Ferrari Garage

Hello, 

a few months ago I purchased the Ultimate Ferrari Garage set, mostly because of the cars. In fact, primarily for the F1 312 T4-ish, and secondly for the 250 GTO.
I built the 'garage' part but didn't like it.
So I set up to build an actual garage building, as a 32x32 modular.

Full album is here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmkb4o3j

45314043821_2fd48ce5a1_z.jpgmodular Ferrari garage by Federico, on Flickr  

I've researched a few actual garages in Italy that are official Ferrari repair shops or that cater to Ferrari clients. Lots of them have a paint pattern of red at the bottom, with a yellow stripe towards the top, and white above that.

Fitting two Speed Champions size cars doesn't leave space for an actual office in the garage, so the interior is quite minimalistic:

31440362448_892c161edb_z.jpggarage floor by Federico, on Flickr

The main garage door slides to the right -- making the left part of the garage fully functional, and the right part more of a showroom space.

31440364198_913d51ae08_z.jpgcaring for the T4 by Federico, on Flickr

Upstairs there could be a small apartment for the owner and his family -- again, inspired by real garages around Europe.
I've instead made the upstairs into a cozy sitting room adorned with trophies (from the original set), where Michael Schumacher and Gilles Villeneuve are both alive and well, and having a drink together. 

31440369608_80d8aaee59_z.jpgGilles and Michael by Federico, on Flickr

If things went differently, Gilles would be 68 and Michael is 49, and they would probably enjoy a celebratory drink at an official Ferrari event.

The upstairs is small, half covered by simply the garage roof, as I wanted as much light as possible to fill the interior and to have the cars visible from all sides.

As for the GTO, it is roaming the streets of my Lego town, and for now it doesn't need any visit to the garage ;)

Ciao!

Very nice garage, and great work researching original Ferrari garages too! 

This is nice!  I like how you've done the trophy cabinets and the use of the skates as trophy cars.

Fantastic integration of the existing set! The lettering for the sign is really well done, and I like how you’ve been able to build the garage in sort of an early/mid 20thC style that wouldn’t look too out of place alongside other modulars (which is often the biggest challenge in mixing modern and older architectural styles).

I’m struggling with the temptation to buy the set myself now to add it alongside the pile of existing unbuilt/future MOD projects I have...

fantastic moc!  It works so well!  It has a certain period look that suits the era so well.