Oky

MOC: Dash's Birthday Bash

This is one of my entries for the Incredibles contest on Lego Ideas. It is meant to take place after the events of Incredibles 2.

31336308338_035dc1f137_c.jpg

After moving back to the suburbs, the Incredibles invited their friends over for a BBQ to celebrate Dash's birthday! Dash is playing with his new toys and accidentally splashes Violet with water as he runs over the pool, but she's able to deflect it using her shield powers. Meanwhile, Elastigirl is putting the finishing touches on the decorations as she hangs up a banner by herself by stretching her arms. Frozone has just joined the party and is also using his powers to help decorate by turning the Incredibles' fountain into an ice sculpture. Mr. Incredible is by the grill holding a huge platter of food with his super strength. Jack-Jack is helping him grill the meat with his fire powers. Edna is throwing away an old cape that she found in Bob's closet while a racoon is stealing some trash. Just as they're about to eat, the party is crashed by Bomb Voyage and the Underminer, the two super villains that have escaped the Incredibles in the past! Bomb Voyage is about to literally blow up the Incredibles' inbox with a mail bomb while the Underminer emerges in a smaller version of his Tunneler which causes a pizza delivery truck to crash into a fire hydrant. Presents, cake, and fighting bad guys? Best birthday ever!

I tried to include as many details as possible in this scene, including a few of the easter eggs that you see in all the Pixar movies, such as the pizza planet truck, A113, the famous Luxo ball and lamp, and a character voiced by John Ratzenberger. Can you spot them all?

43397157420_0929602528_c.jpg

30271421637_036c1b48cc_c.jpg

43397155840_4f74bc8b84_c.jpg

45160190662_3b14fd6038_c.jpg

31336311518_a8f319493f_c.jpg

Please also check out my improved purist Bomb Voyage and Frozone minifigs here. Thanks for looking and have an incredible day! :classic:

Brilliant!! So many easter eggs. I love the brick built raccoon and Luxo Jr, also the ball. Might have to borrow that idea. Lego should hire you as a set designer.

Great little scene, certainly a lot going on here. Very well done, my favorite is the tunnel boring machine coming up through the street, have always loved those things. The only thing I think could be better is the raccoon, I really didn't recognize it as such until I read about it. Really such a minor thing though, great build regardless.