Servertijd

[MOC] Forgotten Ruins

Hello there,

So here is my last moc I made, It's called "Forgotten Ruins", I think you guys know why :laugh:

30351654687_0b1e4907aa_b.jpgForgotten Ruins overview left by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

30351661257_c1788f7625_b.jpgForgotten Ruins front left by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

30351664277_622043bbf7_b.jpgForgotten Ruins Front by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

30351679317_eb4454a0cd_b.jpgForgotten Ruins close-up by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

30351682417_377cef986c_b.jpgForgotten Ruins close-up left by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

The tree in the background is a tree that has been made with a tutorial from FullPlate. C&C is always welcome :)

Edited by Servertijd

A really wonderful build, Servertijd! The lush landscaping is superb, and I like the mushrooms scattered throughout. Having the crumbling archways on bits of rockwork looks great :thumbup:
Fullplate's tree really fits the build perfectly, the one branch overhanging the road is an excellent touch. I love the swampy water in the back corner too :classic:

1 hour ago, LittleJohn said:

A really wonderful build, Servertijd! The lush landscaping is superb, and I like the mushrooms scattered throughout. Having the crumbling archways on bits of rockwork looks great :thumbup:
Fullplate's tree really fits the build perfectly, the one branch overhanging the road is an excellent touch. I love the swampy water in the back corner too :classic:

Thank you very much LittleJohn :)!

I'm getting some LOTR vibes here.

I love it! It looks really good. The landscape is nice, the tree is excellent, the minifigures perfect, and the ruins are amazing. 

Good job! 

1 hour ago, meepinater said:

I'm getting some LOTR vibes here.

I love it! It looks really good. The landscape is nice, the tree is excellent, the minifigures perfect, and the ruins are amazing. 

Good job! 

Thank you very much!

I love LOTR so there is were a part of my inspiration is coming from hehe.

This it great.  Wonderful job on the landscaping, especially the big tree looks really neat.  The use of gears as flowers is a cool idea.   The ruins definitely feel old, I like the broken arch.  The path is also done well.  And the figs look great too.  

Nice, but I have one suggestion. Lift your ground level so it is level with the black surround. As it is it feels constrained, almost in a box, that there is a barrier to the characters leaving this area. Whereas lift the level slightly and it will look like the characters have somewhere to go. I'd also lose the green baseplate underneath.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:17 AM, zoth33 said:

This it great.  Wonderful job on the landscaping, especially the big tree looks really neat.  The use of gears as flowers is a cool idea.   The ruins definitely feel old, I like the broken arch.  The path is also done well.  And the figs look great too.  

Thank you so much.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:30 PM, Faladrin said:

Great build !

I like the way you've done the tree ! It feels so organic !

Great job !

Thank you :)

On 10/15/2018 at 8:32 AM, sander1992 said:

As I said on the LowLUG forum, great build and I love the vegetation in your build. :thumbup:

Thanks Sander!

On 10/15/2018 at 11:29 AM, MAB said:

Nice, but I have one suggestion. Lift your ground level so it is level with the black surround. As it is it feels constrained, almost in a box, that there is a barrier to the characters leaving this area. Whereas lift the level slightly and it will look like the characters have somewhere to go. I'd also lose the green baseplate underneath.

Thank you, thanks for the suggestions, always welcome.

Nice color palette.   The olive green lends itself well to warm tones of the other vegetation on the ground.   I love the tree.  I will have to find the tutorial!