Sign in to follow this  
dalle

Challenge I: Lothog Watchtower

Challenge I: Luthog Wathtower

Even though Updale was not drown into the Great War, they also had suffered from devastation. A bunch of robbers who drove in the funnel put fire on the old watchtower in wood.
Now it was time to rebuild the watchtower. Dalle when decide to rebuild it properly in stone. Calling for the best craftsman in the country to rise the building.

After the tower been completed, it will once again control the River Loka and the country's border to the west.

44462914014_d743068281_b.jpg

Constructing the new watchtower at Luthog

44477624624_864ef5872d_c.jpg

Dalle visits the construction site and the soon completed tower. Architect Roffe shows him round the building.

45185338571_5168a0b6c1_c.jpg

43371199360_86b13e3b73_z.jpg

30246574657_8b9f422c9f_z.jpg

Edited by dalle

Great build here, I like the way you did the scaffolding and the details lying around - like the stone microfigure, the pile of lumber, and the tipped over clay jar - all add so much! :thumbup: 

I really like this build so much going on and so many details.  The building itself is nicely done I like the texturing of the tower.  The wood scaffolding and the little forge is are neat details.  The figs are well done and the interaction between the figs brings the scene to life.  Nice Job.  

Nice build overall! I'd say the scaffolding is one of the high points of the build. I do think the walls could use less detail bricks. 

I like the scaffolding and the way you've used diagonal crossbeams for that, it looks great. There's a really nice sense of activity going on with the minifigs too, and the photography is top notch.

The keep is quite simple in just using 1x2 masonry bricks, but I do like the 1x2 plates with the studs facing outwards. As always my OCD finds the fact that the path is the same height as the grass a bit strange, since normally through erosion it ends up lower, but it's a minor point.

Good work!

Good entry with a number of really nice details :thumbup:
I also like the contrast between the very clean looking stonework, the scaffolding and the detailed terrain.

Nice to have you building for GoH for real now, and to see some proper photos of the build :classic: 

Great stuff here. Really like the shape and texture of that tower. Shows off why it's okay to have visible studs now and then. :P

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:53 AM, zoth33 said:

I really like this build so much going on and so many details.  The building itself is nicely done I like the texturing of the tower.  The wood scaffolding and the little forge is are neat details.  The figs are well done and the interaction between the figs brings the scene to life.  Nice Job.  

Thanks. I wanted to focus on the work with building the Tower and not so much at the Tower itself.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Basiliscus said:

I like the scaffolding and the way you've used diagonal crossbeams for that, it looks great. There's a really nice sense of activity going on with the minifigs too, and the photography is top notch.

The keep is quite simple in just using 1x2 masonry bricks, but I do like the 1x2 plates with the studs facing outwards. As always my OCD finds the fact that the path is the same height as the grass a bit strange, since normally through erosion it ends up lower, but it's a minor point.

Good work!

Thanks. I also like the path under the height of the grass. But here the path is not a build path but the results of the wear of the Construction.

Cool wooden parts there :) I really like the stone corners of walls too!

Neat pattern at the corners with the 1x2 plates :thumbup: And it's cool that you included wooden rafters inside the tower, showing where the floor will be situated. 

Really clever parts use with the handcuffs too! 

Lovely clean build! I like the roughness of the 1x2 plates dressing the corners, the scaffolding and the workers bustling around the site. I probably would have used tiles instead of plate for the scaffolding though, to further highlight the rough texture of the tower corners, but that's a personal preference.

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Lovely clean build! I like the roughness of the 1x2 plates dressing the corners, the scaffolding and the workers bustling around the site. I probably would have used tiles instead of plate for the scaffolding though, to further highlight the rough texture of the tower corners, but that's a personal preference.

Thanks for the input. You got a Point.

This is really stellar.  Between the scaffolding, the small winch/crane, internal support beams, and the detail going on, this is excellent.  Even the dark tan road being higher than the surrounding grass doesn't look that off since the grass slopes away and there is some higher grass (stalks) around it,  making it appear (at least to my eye) that the road is actually at the apex of a hill, however slight.  This is also a great use of the regular brick technique, showing that you can have a good level of detail without going to tons of SNOT and other techniques.  Well done!

Nicely done! I enjoy the claw on the end of the crane, and the studded corners of the tower are a nice texture to see. You did a good job showing the interior being unfinished as well, and the different tasks going on about the site. I think fewer studs on the dark bley rocks in the back would be better, though, to give a contrast texturally to the grass and dirt of the front half of the base. Overall, though, a solid entry to the contest!

Very nice construction build here!

Only critique I've got is related to the 1x1 round bricks in the scaffolding; they're not working for me at all.  But I do understand piece restrictions.