Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

Challenge I : Repairs on the Elvish port of Falahuas

Challenge I :

Repairs on the Elvish port of Falahuas

Lord Faladrin being absent, it is to Lady Walahaeria, the elf Princess of the old evish clan living in Falahuas, to supervise the repairs of the old part of the port.

45286648161_8761cea57b_c.jpg

The port was built by the Elves long time ago and suffered many damages from the Drow during Lord Raavage reign of terror. The main warehouse was totally burned down and was left with only ruined walls.

44374820965_44c0f14650_c.jpg

45237332042_afcc94d895_c.jpg

The actual repairs were focused on rebuilding the roof of the warehouse and conforting the walls to support the new roof.

43472438820_9f7c54050b_c.jpg

43472421140_65b5fd6722_c.jpg

30348066867_895bd8973a_c.jpg

45237257892_7d27976f56_c.jpg

31412208298_3d5ee0f483_c.jpg

Hopefully for the port activity, the lighthouse was kept nearly intact and was kept functional.

44564170034_c1179601b9_c.jpg

The elvish falconer was already at work sending eagles and hawks all around the country from the top of the lighthouse. It is an important part of the mailing system of the city of Falahuas, but riders are still usefull too.

44374768185_1edd956884_c.jpg

Speaking of riders, there is a green rider arriving !

31412276328_471f987c96_c.jpg

30347964037_bf1dbab37a_c.jpg

He stopped his exhausted horse at the level of the elvish princess, bind to her and deliver the message :

"My Lady, I have been sent by Lord Faladrin. His ship, the Bouncing Frog, sprang a leak during its return trip and had to reach land at the southwestern coasts of the Enchanted Forest in a quite deserted area. He needs asistance to repair the ship in order to drag it to the city. So I was sent to you to require your help. Here is the list of the materials he will need to repair the ship."

Lady Walaheria thanked the green messenger and ordered a team to leave immediately to reach the position of her husband.

Bonus pics of the lighthouse by night :

43472304510_01df5a49f2_c.jpg

45237159132_b464ddd65d_c.jpg

Lightbricks allow me to make it glow quite nicely...

Here is my entry for the Challenge. A quite heavy build for me...

I integrated the story of this challenge build in my main storyline and hope to continue soon this story !

Hope you'll like this build !

Edited by Faladrin

Very interesting build! It has an overall nice flowing quality across it. The water is very nice, and what I assume is foam, is a very nice detail!

Really nice overall shot on this build, the colour certainly help it stand out. The water is really well done, I like the way you've blended in blue and white to show the froth, and the latter is gathered in places you'd expect to see it, like around the pier posts and so on. The photography is very crisp and well focused, well done on that. The warehouse being rebuilt is nice and I like that you've angled it off the grid.

The lighthouse top looks like it's falling to the right in the first photo, is that intentional (looks a bit like the leaning tower of Pisa)? 

A very bright and colourful scene Faladrin, just what I'd expect from an elvish influenced city! The pink tree is a great splash of colour and the light house is wonderfully detailed; however, it does seem to be leaning a bit at the top? I like the building activity, especially the guy laying the roofing shingles. A very nice entry!

Very well done and ambitious build. Love your color choices here especially. My favorite detail is the golden apple and "horn" on the left building, followed closely by the angled dock.

A lot to admire in this build! Gorgeous elven architecture, and the scaffolding and roof repairs look great :thumbup:
The sideways bricks for water work well here, though perhaps grey would have looked better for the foam, as currently the white bricks blend in with the white walls of the port.

So much content packed in such a medium? sized moc :) lovely mate, I like those golden details on the wip building... and also that tower is very cool too! Now give me that eagle.... want one too! :)

I like how you've included so much in this build, and I think it worked really well to include a quarter of the lighthouse and half of the new warehouse, as they allow for most elements in between like the wagon, the tree and the dock.  The water is well done, and I really like the falconer concept.  I think the new warehouse is my favorite part.  Great build!

On 10/14/2018 at 9:15 AM, Windusky said:

Very interesting build! It has an overall nice flowing quality across it. The water is very nice, and what I assume is foam, is a very nice detail!

Thank you mate ! You're assuming well, it's foam upon the sea.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:23 PM, Basiliscus said:

Really nice overall shot on this build, the colour certainly help it stand out. The water is really well done, I like the way you've blended in blue and white to show the froth, and the latter is gathered in places you'd expect to see it, like around the pier posts and so on. The photography is very crisp and well focused, well done on that. The warehouse being rebuilt is nice and I like that you've angled it off the grid.

The lighthouse top looks like it's falling to the right in the first photo, is that intentional (looks a bit like the leaning tower of Pisa)? 

Thanks !

I tryed to better my photography on this one. I'm happy you noticed it !

The water was not so easy to build, and the foam (froth is a better word I think, didn't knew this word before...) is at the spot you're expecting to see it, yes. You've got a good eye to remark it ! Thanks

On 10/15/2018 at 2:08 AM, Ayrlego said:

A very bright and colourful scene Faladrin, just what I'd expect from an elvish influenced city! The pink tree is a great splash of colour and the light house is wonderfully detailed; however, it does seem to be leaning a bit at the top? I like the building activity, especially the guy laying the roofing shingles. A very nice entry!

Thank you !

It was time for me to show some elvish influence in Falahuas... The top of the lighthouse is a bit leaning on this picture, yes... I appologize for this one, as there was a rebel stud I only remark later that was not correctly fixed under the lightbrick. It is not suppose to be leaning like that...

On 10/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, mccoyed said:

Very well done and ambitious build. Love your color choices here especially. My favorite detail is the golden apple and "horn" on the left building, followed closely by the angled dock.

Thank you !

Well, yes quite an ambitious building for me ! near 32*64 studs, quite long, and with a high tower as well, I am not used to build such "big" (well relatively) big builds !

On 10/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, soccerkid6 said:

A lot to admire in this build! Gorgeous elven architecture, and the scaffolding and roof repairs look great :thumbup:
The sideways bricks for water work well here, though perhaps grey would have looked better for the foam, as currently the white bricks blend in with the white walls of the port.

Thank you !

I hesitated on grey bricks myself, not to blend with the walls but, it was too dark and, I wasn't satisfied of the result. Perhap simply grey walls,but the elvish aspect would have been lost. So I let it be white...

On 10/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, Gunman said:

So much content packed in such a medium? sized moc :) lovely mate, I like those golden details on the wip building... and also that tower is very cool too! Now give me that eagle.... want one too! :)

Thank you !

Well, for you it's a medium build :laugh: but for me it's already a big one, it's about 32*64 studs. I usually build smaller builds.

I cannot help for the eagle... :iamded_lol:

On 10/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, W Navarre said:

Very nice work, I like the pink tree! 

Thank you very much ! The tree used all my pink foliage. Well, my little girl is happy to use it on her Elves Theme part of our LEGO room now !

On 10/18/2018 at 5:13 AM, Rogue Angel said:

I like how you've included so much in this build, and I think it worked really well to include a quarter of the lighthouse and half of the new warehouse, as they allow for most elements in between like the wagon, the tree and the dock.  The water is well done, and I really like the falconer concept.  I think the new warehouse is my favorite part.  Great build!

Thank you very much !

I am glad you liked it !

There's certainly quite a lot to take in when looking at this ambitious build! I like the elegant curved shape of the lighthouse, and the rebuilding of the warehouse roof is an engaging scene. The tree with the pink leaves is a welcome splash of colour too. The sideways water is interesting too, you've done well to get the white foam around the boats and the jetty, that must have taken some planning. However, i do feel that the introduction of texture into the very smooth water seems a little haphazard - i can see what you are going for, but i feel you should have either had it all completely flat, or used a lot more built up elements to simulate moving water. 

This whole build looks good to me.  I like the use of the solid colors for water, the elven tower has a great elven feel to me, and the new eagle looks great.  Not entirely sure what the clear pieces are supposed to be up top, maybe glass?  Overall very nice.

The highlight for me is definitely the high light, er, I mean the lighthouse... I like the gold banding around it and the way you made it a rounded shape. I would love to see it completed 360 degrees, but what you have is lovely. I also like the arches in the sea wall, as they help it seem elvish, and white helps that too. I'm not as excited by the warehouse, but it is good to see the workers finishing it up. The activity you have here, with the boats, the cart, the people, is all very nice and helps it seem lived-in. Good entry!