Sign in to follow this  
HoMa

LDView 4.2 > Errors & Warnings > Error parsing line > C:/Users/Public/Documents/LDraw/ldconfig.ldr

Hi all,

whenever I open a *.ldr file in LDView an additional window shows up showing the following Errors & Warnings:

Error parsing line.
    File: C:/Users/Public/Documents/LDraw/ldconfig.ldr
    Line #1
    Line: ´╗┐0 LDraw.org Configuration File

I've checked C:/Users/Public/Documents/LDraw/ldconfig.ldr ... the file is there an can be opened with notepad++ etc.

What can I do about this? The model in LDView seems to be Ok, but how can I get rid of the Errors & Warnings message? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Holger

The error message shows the culprit(s): the first line of the file, there are two spurious characters before 0.  You need to remove them.

If you can’t see them while editing the file, it may be because they are the Unicode BOM (Byte Order Mark), special characters to mark the encoding of the file that Unicode-aware programs can use or ignore.  It appears some tools (Notepad) always add a BOM.  Now, if it’s a BOM you’ll need either a dumb ASCII editor that will show the characters or a smart editor that has a function to remove invisible BOMs.