Sign in to follow this  
Roadmonkeytj

[SR-FB] Rahab's Gambit

Before you begin the basic design of the hull is not mine.  I watched a time lapse video on MOC Bricks youtube channel and decided I wanted a ship of this fashion.  I tried to stay true to the basic design but I had to make major changes both to account for 1) LDD does not like the placement of certain bricks and 2) My ship is considerably shorter and 3)The shrouds are not string rigged as they had done in the video.  

Also a special Thanks to @kaiju for not only the name of the ship but the push to finish three ships before next turn.

MOC BRICKS spinoff overall.lxfMOC BRICKS spinoff1.lxfMOC BRICKS spinoff top.lxf

The figure head kept rendering improperly so here's a snapshot:

MOC BRICKS spinoff

This render was done before it was named and I felt the figurehead was not befitting the name so I changed it to the above snapshot instead

MOC BRICKS spinoff.lxf

I do plan to build this in actual brick although it will be several months before I order the brick as I have three trains I need to get build before December lol.  I'm not sure yet if I will be able to keep the Teal but I'm hoping! Comments and Criticism welcomed!

I really want to see it in real bricks, seems to be a good one. I like the design. Beware to the azur blue bricks, some might be really expensives and I'm not sure you will find

the right curves and slopes with that color.

How did you make the tumblehome ?

4 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

I really want to see it in real bricks, seems to be a good one. I like the design. Beware to the azur blue bricks, some might be really expensives and I'm not sure you will find

the right curves and slopes with that color.

How did you make the tumblehome ?

howto

this should explain it nicely:

I worry about the availability but I kept it to slopes I remember seeing in Azur

17 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I like this one best out of the three. Great little tub.

This is my favorite as well.  oddly it was the last build and I was in a builders block until I watched the video

Ooh, I love the teal!  Goes great with the gold accents.  It is teal not azure right?

1 minute ago, Kai NRG said:

Ooh, I love the teal!  Goes great with the gold accents.  It is teal not azure right?

I think the catalogue calls it Azure but I've always called it teal lol 

The teal/azure color is stunning with the black hull. And I really like the overall profile shape of this ship. This one's a beauty! :thumbup:

FYI, I use the same tumblehome method on many of my ships. It makes for a very sturdy build.

Beautiful design. Love the color choices, new rear details, and the size change... I have my own take on the design as well (this mocyourbricks build is inspiring), just waiting to until I have a sigfig, dbs, and the money for real bricks!

Wow!  Now this one is something else - gotta love that color-scheme! :wub_drool:  Epic all around, and if you manage to build it in real bricks I'd love to see some pics of that! 

Looking good, I like the tumblehome built with slope bricks, makes wanting to try the same. And I also like how you've widened the hull.

she's a beauty, I have seen the video before and you made a very good replica with some nice changes. I agree that the colors are very nice. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:39 AM, Capt Wolf said:

The teal/azure color is stunning with the black hull. And I really like the overall profile shape of this ship. This one's a beauty! :thumbup:

FYI, I use the same tumblehome method on many of my ships. It makes for a very sturdy build.

I've saved many of those pictures. Lol I actually use several of the methods you use lol! 

On 10/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, Garmadon said:

Wow!  Now this one is something else - gotta love that color-scheme! :wub_drool:  Epic all around, and if you manage to build it in real bricks I'd love to see some pics of that! 

I'm hoping to...  I have much of it just need the detail elements some slopes and of course the teal lol.   

On 10/12/2018 at 5:25 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

A beautiful looking ship indeed! I like the color choice!

Thank you I actually played around with the colors before finding this on accident

On 10/12/2018 at 8:20 PM, Bodi said:

Looking good, I like the tumblehome built with slope bricks, makes wanting to try the same. And I also like how you've widened the hull.

It was remarkably easy to come together...  And I do intend to use it again! 

11 hours ago, Fraunces said:

she's a beauty, I have seen the video before and you made a very good replica with some nice changes. I agree that the colors are very nice. 

That makes me feel good knowing you've seen the original as well thank you! 

On 10/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, TomSkippy said:

Beautiful design. Love the color choices, new rear details, and the size change... I have my own take on the design as well (this mocyourbricks build is inspiring), just waiting to until I have a sigfig, dbs, and the money for real bricks!

Don't limit yourself to just bricks...  I've only been drawing in LDD since this April and it's been great especially for when I'm away from bricks or when I want to build something I don't have the right bricks for!  

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Thank you I actually played around with the colors before finding this on accident

Well it looks great! I've always been a huge fan of that dark teal/azure color.

Great design, excellent build overall, and with a surprising yet beautiful colour choice. I love it! :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Great design, excellent build overall, and with a surprising yet beautiful colour choice. I love it! :thumbup:

Thanks glad it's a hit!