Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Challenge I: Mitgardian Framing Party

It's a time of rebuilding in Mitgardia. Homes that were destroyed by the Algus are slowly being rebuilt. Today the whole town of Dalig Ulv is having a house framing party.

Mitgardian House Framing Party

Teams race each other to see who can frame a house fastest. Four groups each raise 1 side of the house while some carpenters stand ready inside the structure to nail everything in place.

Mitgardian House Framing Party

After the main structure is in place other craftsmen will come to finish the structure to make it ready for habitation.

That is pretty neat. I know this challenge isn't about landscaping, but I just have to say your landscaping is quite nice. Like the curves of the snow. Also the purple grass stalks are a nice detail. Figures are good looking too. Great work!

Nice little scene.  I like the snowscape.  The frame work is nice, although the house seems kind of small.  The figs are great.  Good work.  

Creative!  I would have tiled the wood frame if you could have, but the snow is great and the lavender is a cool idea! 

Edited by W Navarre

Nice work! Very simple, but a great idea and well executed. :) I do agree with Navarre for the tiles, but I really like the way you did the roof angles, looks really good! :) Keep it up!

The curved and layered snow looks really nice, looks like un-trodden snow. The frame is simple but you can get a feel for how the house will look in the end. Good work!

Great concept and masterfully captured! A quite clean build but yet rich in action :thumbup:
Top notch photo presentation.

Great subject and very well presented - very fitting for the challenge! The framework looks great and the landscape compliments the build nicely. Great entry!

This is a great low key build showing off really expertly executed techniques both in terms of the bricking and the knowledge of how to conceptualize a "framing" scene. Just really cool stuff here and maybe my favorite entry so far.

Very nicw built! Your idea is very straightforward and i really like the tree technic that you used!

Nice little scene, i like the sense of action and the snowy landscape is nicely handled. I just wish there was some kind of mixed texture on the dark brown ground, i feel like it should look a little more irregular.

Thats it... teamwork guys... lets rebuild Mitgardia :) Cool build MK! Also nice tree over there man!

Perfect interpretation of this Challenge!  I like how smooth this build looks, and how well you've portrayed the framing.  Love the purple tree!

BTW - I've got your boat.

Just now, Rogue Angel said:

Your Barge from our BW Collab.

I'm pretty sure I brought that back. Maybe it's LittleJohn's? Can you share a picture?

The overall color scheme is great, and the timber frame is ingenious.  Building with traditional methods (studs on top) would not have allowed for such a proportional frame I think.  As for the size, I think it's quite plausible to have a smaller footprint and taller structure up north--much less heating required.  Fantastic work!

Seeing this house raising reminds me of the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I can only hope this framework doesn't meet a similar fate :laugh:
Excellent action and the framing portions look quite realistic. Nice SNOT timber floor too!

This is very nicely done! The snow looks lovely, and the lavender looks great as an accent with the white. The dark brown ground presents a very pretty contrast with the snow, and effectively conveys frozen mud. While the frame is a bit too studded for my initial liking, I appreciate how the build could not have been done on this scale without them there. They do not detract that much from the overall appearance, and the action captured in the midst of raising up the walls is perfect! Great entry. 

This MOC might be simple, but it's perfectly executed!  Reminds me of sushi or a classic cocktail--fewer ingredients mean less opportunity to hide mistakes.  Great build dude! 

Thank you all for your kind comments! This was always intended to be a simple build, but I'm happy that it achieved the desired effect of detail in simplicity.