biedrus

[MOC] Baba Yaga

The figure of Baba Yaga, originally probably important in Slavic mythology, survived only in a degraded form as an element of folklore. He appears there as an old, repulsive witch (sagging breasts, one bone leg, blind or visually impaired), living in a hut on a chicken foot in the depths of the forest. Baba Yaga was often accompanied by a black cat, a raven, an owl or a snake. She was wandering people (especially children) wandering in the forest, and then she murdered and ate them. She was also assigned to send diseases and other ailments. At the end of the story, she usually struggled with the positive hero and died. Occasionally there is a motif of Baba Yaga's kindness in folklore, helping people. Also known as Baba Drasznica, she then performs with a dragon. It is sometimes connected with Aga from Iranian mythology.

44502580804_4605fd3f03_b.jpg

44502583454_54a4eef811_b.jpg

44502584264_ba68fcaf16_b.jpg

44502585224_b27e523cb3_b.jpg

44502586104_965b1c9a16_b.jpg

44502587014_31c2e49293_b.jpg

Thank you for your attention and I invite you to comment.

GALLERY.

Interesting hut.  I like the ramshackle look to it.  Also looks like a giant mushroom.  Overall neat idea.  

Using the axle brick so it looks like she is riding the broom? Genius.

I like the spindly leg on the hut too, both how it looks and as a technical feat. :thumbup: