Ashi Valkoinen

[WIP] [MOC] [OcTRAINber] AshiValkoinen's entry - Wiener Linien ULF tram

20 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

44801391735_67698b9b69_z.jpg

These are the chaps. They are rubber nitrile gasket rings of 1.5mm thickness and 14.5mm diameter. I found that they sit very nicely inside the groove of the LEGO train wheelsets very nicely in place of the standard traction bands.

Hoping this helps. :classic:

Ahh, fines, it will help by now. The Hungrian word "tömítés" means a water resist thingy you put by the joints of the water pipes, but I never thought that "O-ring" will be this. :D

I'll look up in local stores to buy some and try it with the tram, really thanks for the advice!

3 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Do you happen to recall the P (or G number)  is P22 or G15?

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that I don't. I must have bought these sometime during 2016 off eBay, so even the purchase records have been purged. :look:

@Ashi Valkoinen You're most welcome. Hopefully it will help your tram's performance a bit.

Looking at your photos I am wondering if perhaps you're getting a lot of unwanted additional friction, because the front and rear sections don't appear to turn as much as I had expected. I know that successful Talgo trains have been built which appear to use some species of steering linkage to ensure correct articulation, but I don't think there is quite enough space inside your tram to implement this without losing the signature low floor that I know you were keen to replicate.

Edited by Hod Carrier