Sign in to follow this  
Mattgintx

Getting my Lego room up!

Have made some progress on my Lego room over the last month.  Here’s what I have so far

I’m also debating taking my sons train that runs along the ceiling in his room and making a tunnel that goes into this room along the ceiling.  The rooms sit next to each other.

thoughts?

heres his train for reference

Looking good!  Is this just going to be a display/play (including the pool table) area, or a build area as well?  You could so some fun setups or projects if you put a top on that pool table. :laugh:

The 3 rides running with PF look really good together there.

As for the train tunnel, I love that idea but would say to think carefully about noise propagation; if you're playing/building in that room when he's supposed to be sleeping, will that sound carry straight through and be an issue for him?

Looking forward to seeing things progress as you add more.

That pool table looks like a great spot for a town. :tongue: It’s a good start, always need a lot of shelf space.

14 hours ago, deraven said:

Looking good!  Is this just going to be a display/play (including the pool table) area, or a build area as well? 

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

That pool table looks like a great spot for a town.

Or maybe a space for displaying lots of Lowell spheres!

5 hours ago, MAB said:

:laugh:  Now that's a great idea!  Just be careful of the felt, then.  :wink:

Thanks everyone.  I usually put the Legos together with my little ones in the family room.  This room is just for displaying and drinking the occasional beer :)

Good Point about the noise transfer.  

I had to look up what a Lowell sphere is.  Just got back into Lego about 1.5 years ago but am enjoying the heck out of it

maube I should store the real pool balls somewhere else and use your Lowell sphere idea :)

11 hours ago, MAB said:

Ha, that would be a great idea! Making the triangle might be a bit tricky though...

Great start on your LEGO room, looks great. Love the fairground rides next to each other and the railway, somewhat pointless (IMO) but awesome nonetheless. One day Ill convert my store room into a LEGO room if I can fit a big enough desk and storage racks in there (that room is tiny). Did you make the LEGO sign or did you buy it from somewhere? I want one.