Sign in to follow this  
sander1992

[MOC] Twisted Time Train

Hi everyone,

Lego World is getting close.

Me and my brother will be there with 5 different landscapes and some Time Cruiser/Twister vehicles.

This is my own version of the 6497 Twisted Time Train. 

31286515148_80640c191e_c.jpg

The wheels can turn, the flames on the front and the skeleton on the car can turn as well. The ghost in the back hopes (is this the right word?) up and down. 

I already had a picture a few days ago, but it was a bit dark.

Spoiler

45052603162_1c25420401_c.jpg

A small movie of the build will follow.

For more pictures look into my Flickr album.

Questions and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

On 10/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, sander1992 said:

No comments? :look:

Perhaps a small movie might help.

Twisted Time Train movie

TCs/TTs just aren't especially popular+Eurobricks posting has been slowing down in most boards. :sceptic:

Unique interpretation! Nice work replicating the original features with more modern parts!

Maybe see if you can find some other way of having the motors work, that's a little less obvious? Possibly get it to run on track like a real train? The scaffolding detracts from the presentation a tiny bit, I'm afraid to say - but still, nice work! :thumbup:

Interesting MOC! I do wish there were still more variety in the train cars, however. One of the things that made the original set feel so authentically Time Twisters was that it had design attributes expressly referencing different themes/eras — so, for instance, one car was very Wild West inspired, but another was more Castle-inspired. Here, the design is more coherent, as we'd expect an actual train to look perhaps, but at the cost of losing that wacky time machine feel.

I also think it could benefit from more blue, since the blue+black+brown color palette played a big role in defining the Time Twisters visual design. Even with your train's mechanical functions and fantasy elements, it feels like it could just as easily be any other sort of steampunk or science-fantasy train, rather than specifically a Time Twisters one.

I do like the patterns on the wheels, though! While not based on the original set they have a similar mind-bending feel to them!

You would probably be able to get more detailed feedback and get more attention from people if you posted a video of the functions instead of just describing them!

Thank you @Aanchir.

It's true that the original sets has some references to several themes.

I wanted to create Time Machines similar to the sets looking at the setup, but looking more like Time Machines.

5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I also think it could benefit from more blue, since the blue+black+brown color palette played a big role in defining the Time Twisters visual design. Even with your train's mechanical functions and fantasy elements, it feels like it could just as easily be any other sort of steampunk or science-fantasy train, rather than specifically a Time Twisters one.

I do like the patterns on the wheels, though! While not based on the original set they have a similar mind-bending feel to them!

You would probably be able to get more detailed feedback and get more attention from people if you posted a video of the functions instead of just describing them!

Good point about the colors.

Perhaps I can change that. I am always very careful with colors. :look:

I do have a video (see my second post), but don't know how to post it here. 

Thanks again. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

TCs/TTs just aren't especially popular+Eurobricks posting has been slowing down in most boards. :sceptic:

Unique interpretation! Nice work replicating the original features with more modern parts!

Maybe see if you can find some other way of having the motors work, that's a little less obvious? Possibly get it to run on track like a real train? The scaffolding detracts from the presentation a tiny bit, I'm afraid to say - but still, nice work! :thumbup:

Thank you. 

I wanted to keep the idea to have a "flying train" into space and time. 

That is why I build it on a Technique frame. 

From the front it looks different and more in an action mode (That is what I think).

31286515848_2d5da3c05b_c.jpg

About the amount of post on Eurobricks, I am afraid that you are right. :sceptic::sad:

I admire your dedication to a theme that even I find confusing!

These builds are very cool and fit right in with the original theme itself. 

I thank you for sharing, you are a true fan of Time Twisters. :grin: :thumbup:

Thank you @Peppermint_M. :classic:

I considered Time Cruisers and Twisters as one of the greatest action themes.

It can be used in any setting/layout or landscape.

I thank you for sharing, you are a true fan of Time Twisters:grin: :thumbup:

O, thanks. I appreciate it. :classic: