Sign in to follow this  
Jchavoya

Reaching 100 posts quickly

Is there a recommended way to to reach 100 posts as quickly as possible? I'm looking for a collectable that I've been dying to get for years, but I'm nowhere near the 100 post minimum to be able to start a topic in the bazaar. And I don't want to just spam every open topic. Thank you for any help.

Hi Jchavoya.  Thanks for not wanting to spam... though the point of those kinds of limits is to encourage folks to actually become part of the community.  Look around the board and contribute to discussion.  Pick up some extra posts by saying "Hi" to everyone in the Introduce Yourself area.  It won't take that long, really.

Speaking of discussion... what is this collectible that you're looking for that you think you may find in the Bazaar?

You may just want to check Bricklink or Brickowl to see if your wanted item isn't already for sale by multiple people.

The recommended way is to participate the Eurobricks Community discussions or topics genuinely. This is the surest way for you to attain the minimum 100 posts. I don't want you to go spamming around with short repeated posts all over the place. Thank you. 

WhiteFang

8 hours ago, deraven said:

Hi Jchavoya.  Thanks for not wanting to spam... though the point of those kinds of limits is to encourage folks to actually become part of the community.  Look around the board and contribute to discussion.  Pick up some extra posts by saying "Hi" to everyone in the Introduce Yourself area.  It won't take that long, really.

Speaking of discussion... what is this collectible that you're looking for that you think you may find in the Bazaar?

Yes, I want to contribute, but I think I'm at 17 posts (where I started last december). The collectible I was hoping to find was a golden Bionicle Kanoka. They were given away in contests during 2004 (please see photo below). I haven't had any luck finding one yet =(.

5 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

The recommended way is to participate the Eurobricks Community discussions or topics genuinely. This is the surest way for you to attain the minimum 100 posts. I don't want you to go spamming around with short repeated posts all over the place. Thank you. 

WhiteFang

Of course! I would absolutely hate to spam. That's why I've been trying to go through and only respond if I have something to contribute, but I'm at less than 20 posts in almost a year. Was just curious if there was a better way than waiting to see if there's something I can actually contribute with.

5 hours ago, zux said:

You may just want to check Bricklink or Brickowl to see if your wanted item isn't already for sale by multiple people.

Unfortunately the piece I'm looking for was given away as a contest prize in 2004, and is not listed on either site.

images.jpeg

Edited by Jchavoya

If you participate on the site, you make more posts and reach 100 posts. Commenting on MOCs, joining in on discussions and helping others out with questions. Posting your own builds and projects. These can help plenty to increase your post count. 

Do you have an opinion, an area of expertise? Then it should be fairly easy to achieve 100 worthy posts. 

Look at someone's build, state your opinion or what you know of the subject matter then simply offer up some useful information and or tips to make it better. You don't need to be some kind of Guru or pro builder to offer an opinion. 

Good luck and shy away from 2 or 3 word posts, that's great, lol or you have instructions are some of my least favorites and I feel they should just be deleted sometimes. 

On 10/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Do you have an opinion, an area of expertise? Then it should be fairly easy to achieve 100 worthy posts. 

Look at someone's build, state your opinion or what you know of the subject matter then simply offer up some useful information and or tips to make it better. You don't need to be some kind of Guru or pro builder to offer an opinion. 

Good luck and shy away from 2 or 3 word posts, that's great, lol or you have instructions are some of my least favorites and I feel they should just be deleted sometimes. 

I don't think I really have an area of expertise. For example, I could look at an anazing MOC, and think "wow, this is really cool", but not have much more to say. 

On 10/7/2018 at 10:32 AM, Peppermint_M said:

If you participate on the site, you make more posts and reach 100 posts. Commenting on MOCs, joining in on discussions and helping others out with questions. Posting your own builds and projects. These can help plenty to increase your post count. 

Im just not able to help others much with their projects, and don't have the security to post my own stuff. I guess I'll continue the slow going method I'm using, and might hit 100 posts in another 2 years.

Threads like “what lego did you buy today” or “what was the last movie you watched” may be helpful. It all depends how much you buy and how many movies you watch.