Brick-Wombat

[MOC] Midi Venator - In Progress

Alright gents, I THINK this is the final revision before I get my pieces in and I make it a reality. You never really know because, well, it's LEGO and there's ALWAYS more you can do. :excited:

Changes include:

- Made the tail taller

-Changed length of small and large engine

- Moved the command tower forward and added tiling on the side

- Filled in the trench a little better

-Widened the ventral hangar bay

Side

Spoiler

ytWf9uL.jpg

Rear

Spoiler

RMqBXKv.jpg

1Fk8I1I.jpg

Front

Spoiler

fofXn9y.jpg

Edited by K_W

Bee-Utiful. 

Couple of questions, doesn’t the shorter of the small engines kinda go underneath the longer small engines?  And doesn’t the fin under the “tail” stretch a little more toward the end?  

@simplethinker

Regarding the engines, there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency between different source material. Some have one above and one below while others have two above. Personally, I preferred the latter so that's what I went with. 

Good point regarding lower "fin". I'll fix that. Thanks!

Edited by K_W

On the engines, fair enough.  Funny, I didn't notice the inconsistency.   But then again I depended on pictures of Erik Varszegi's venator for the most part.  Most other pictures were for the profile and large proportions.  I suppose the only way to get cannon consistency is to watch a couple of Clone Wars episodes :D

No problem for the fin, my pleasure.  I know folks like you care a great deal about getting things right if you can, so even a wrong suggestion is useful because it can make you take a second look at your own work and double check things.  At least that's the way it is for me. 

@simplethinker

Below are a couple of the references I used to justify my build decision. But I've seen it as you've described as well. Hence the discontinuity.

It really bugs the OCD side of me. *huh*

Spoiler

ImpoliteRemorsefulAmericanalligator-size

Spoiler

81d0c1a2afb3057fab15d671d8bb3aefe9082fb1