Damn, that makes me feel about about skipping 42042 again.. so far the only lego crane ive really liked the look of.

Is it just me, or why do the outriggers on the back not touch the ground? I mean, I have the model too, but can't find an answer for it...

Edited by Jockos

48 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Is it just me, or why do the outriggers on the back not touch the ground? I mean, I have the model too, but can't find an answer for it...

You mean in my 42070? Yes the outriggers don't touch the ground because te model is leaning forward due to the heavy front.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You mean in my 42070? Yes the outriggers don't touch the ground because te model is leaning forward due to the heavy front.

Yes. I don't think or don't know if it's due to leaning forwards, but at my model it doesn't even reaches the ground on flat Surface..so is it a common problem, or I did something wrong?

Edited by Jockos

15 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Yes. I don't think or don't know if it's due to leaning forwards, but at my model it doesn't even reaches the ground on flat Surface..so is it a common problem, or I did something wrong?

If you build the 42070 according to the official instructions, it's expected that you'll encounter that problem, because the rear outriggers don't extend with the same speed as the side outriggers. 

I made a small mod in my 42070 to fix that. At the step in the following picture, I use 9L liftarms instead of 7L.

288.jpg

The instructions don't even make sense. They tell you to install each outrigger with the MLA at half-extension. Yet when the instructions press onward, the outriggers are flush with the rest of the truck. I could never work that out and just ended up manually retracting each one. :wacko:

16 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If you build the 42070 according to the official instructions, it's expected that you'll encounter that problem, because the rear outriggers don't extend with the same speed as the side outriggers. 

I made a small mod in my 42070 to fix that. At the step in the following picture, I use 9L liftarms instead of 7L.

Thanks, that could be the problem, yeah

Thirteen years apart...

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Interesting how the "Heavy duty forklift" is considerably smaller than the warehouse forklift (different scales, I know). I still prefer 8416 though :wub:

Great topic by the way! :thumbup:

Edited by jotta93
typo

13 hours ago, Valkyx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

New spider crane shouldnt be yellow?

https://shop.lego.com/en-PL/product/compact-crawler-crane-42097

The one in my pictures isn't the official one from Lego. Since I have spare parts from building 42082 B model, and since most spider cranes are red, I decided to build a red one myself. The red one also contains various mods and fixes from me to make it more playable.

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The one in my pictures isn't the official one from Lego. Since I have spare parts from building 42082 B model, and since most spider cranes are red, I decided to build a red one myself. The red one also contains various mods and fixes from me to make it more playable.

I've seen those multiple 42082 was just curious cuz all yt vids and official Lego shows yellow model.

@Ngoc Nguyen Thank you for the shots, especially the 42098 vs. 42078 ones. To me, it is clear that the car transporter is on a higher scale because the muscle car is too big...

1 minute ago, grego18f said:

@Ngoc Nguyen Thank you for the shots, especially the 42098 vs. 42078 ones. To me, it is clear that the car transporter is on a higher scale because the muscle car is too big...

No problem! If you want more shots, just request.