Lancia Delta Integrale

31225515348_9b033f64ac_b.jpg

Specification

Scale 1:14

Length 37s / width 19s / height 13s (54/23,5/13,5 cm)

Weight: 1050 g

Front suspension: none

Rear suspension: none

AWD

Functions

Driving - 3L

Steering - Servo

Today, I want to present Lancia Delta Integrale. I’m sure that everyone know the original one, which won many rallies. There was few versions of Integrale: from norma road cars to monster with power of hundreds hp. This model is usual one. My main goal was to build small, fast car, which gives a lot of fun.

The construction is quite simple. Lancia is driven by 3Ls - 2Ls for rear, powered by 8878 BB and IR receiver V2, and one L for front, powered by 8800 BB. For steering (with Ackermann geometry) I used servo.

31225516258_7eaf82aa8e.jpg

Photos

45098899751_902db5f05e_t.jpg31225514148_4c0f4cb12b_t.jpg

30161234537_fec74ea16d_t.jpg44378775874_28dd9d23c9_t.jpg

Gallery

I encourge you to follow my new Instagram account.

It looks that we have more and more cute small mocs. Years ago one my friend had homologated rally version with 350bhp, 6 calliper brakes, slick tires...but this one is great indoor version. Very nice :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, Jurss said:

From on-board camera looks faster, than from side.

Onboard always looks faster, just remember how Hollywood makes car chases scene's (especially in 60s a d 70s) :wink:

53 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It looks that we have more and more cute small mocs. Years ago one my friend had homologated rally version with 350bhp, 6 calliper brakes, slick tires...but this one is great indoor version. Very nice :thumbup:

Wow, it had to be cool experience to drive real Delta Integrale :classic:

I_Igor is right, all clips are in original speed :wink:

Yes it virtually sticks to the road, but it is very sensitive to dust, small stones, moisture...a few mph to much and you end in the field (or as here in Croatia we said in the corn :laugh:), so when I had a chance for a few minute I was like a grandpa, even by using sequential shifter I was gentle... But I like old-timers better, they have soul...but that is another story, let's stick to topic :wink:

Awesome work with small scale!

Nice little car! Is there a real need in having 3 (!) L-motors for propulsion? It is quite light model after all.

Indeed really well captured shape of the car at such small scale. Instantly recognizable!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the front wheels turn a bit slower because of the additional reduction on the differencial and therefore front axle is actually braking the much more powerfull back axle? Have you had any problems with that setup?

Best regards,

Miha 

This is my favorite Lancia of all times, well... Lancia Delta Integrale HF Turbo is. Never the less, I'm glad you decided to build it.

12 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the front wheels turn a bit slower because of the additional reduction on the differencial and therefore front axle is actually braking the much more powerfull back axle?

That may be the case, but it allows easier drifting and more fun.

15 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the front wheels turn a bit slower because of the additional reduction on the differencial and therefore front axle is actually braking the much more powerfull back axle? Have you had any problems with that setup?

As said pagicence it allows easier drifting and more fun. Using differential also gives better steering angle. The difference in speed of wheel I tried to reduce by using 8878 BB for rear - with voltage 7,2V and gear ratio 1:3, and in front by using 8800 BB - 9V and gear ratio 1:2,15 :wink:

17 hours ago, Yevhen said:

Is it possible to link the go pro camera and VR to drive a rc car?

With Lego powerfunction it isn't possible to do that, maybe with EV3, but I don't think so.

Thanks for all nice words, using 3Ls for such small model gives really a lot of fun :grin: