Robert8

Treehouse - LEGO Ideas

Is it fun to build?

Is there anything "robinson" in the it? Or is it just a treehouse just for having fun?

On 7/16/2019 at 3:57 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

I'm absolutely not interested in the set itself since 1. it's much too expensive for only a tree house and 2. it doesn't fit with its style and size in a / my City. :thumbdown:

But I really like to see that we're finally getting the big limb element in yellow - that was since long overdue! :thumbup:

Is the new limb element regular yellow or flame yellow?

It’s reasonably priced.

It's a fun build, but more for the looks of it, not really alot of realistic play value

On 7/19/2019 at 3:16 AM, autolycus said:

There’s no way it’s going to survive a launch that close to the tower! ?

U never know! :tongue:

I imagine the press release will be this wednesday, since the rumored release for VIPs is July 24th, I believe. Other sets that were available on the same day of their reveal were the Aston Martin and the Upside Down, right? It's still surprising to see sets be released on the same day we get official pictures.

Early VIP or not, it's got to be coming real soon.

Yup, it's coming out on July 24. I confirmed with my lego store and they said they already received the set like a week ago. 

This video clearly shows that the theme isn't about adventurers anymore. It's a house built by many people using tools.

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas Tree House (21318) Officially Announced

21318-1.jpg

21318 LEGO® Ideas Tree House

Ages 16+. 3036 pieces

US $199.99– CA $269.99– DE €199.99– UK £179.99 – FR €199.99– DK 1799DKK–AUS $279.99

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Detailed Tree House model to challenge LEGO® builders and inspire endless play!

Build, display and play with this intricately detailed, 3,036-piece LEGO® Ideas 21318 Tree House playset. A complex build for experienced LEGO builders that all the family will love to play with, it features a landscape base and 3 LEGO tree house cabins—a main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room. The tree has interchangeable sets of green summer leaf elements and yellow and brown fall leaf elements—these and various plant elements on the base are all made from sustainable-plant-based polyethylene plastic—and the treetop and cabin roofs are removable to allow easy access. The model is packed with play-inspiring features including a buildable picnic table and seats, swing, bonfire, treasure map and hidden gem element to play out a treasure hunt, and a wind-up crane on the balcony of the bedroom cabin. A great birthday gift, this unique creative toy comes with mom, dad and kids minifigures, plus a bird figure, to role-play fun family scenes. It also includes a booklet with building instructions and information about this LEGO Ideas set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.

• This LEGO® Ideas set includes 4 minifigures: mom, dad and 2 children, plus a bird figure.
• This challenging, 3,036-piece building toy features a landscape base, tree with interchangeable sets of green (summer) leaves and yellow and brown (fall) leaves, and a LEGO® Tree House with 3 cabins—main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room.
• The treetop and cabin roofs are removable for easy access and play.
• Landscape base features a buildable picnic table with 4 minifigure seats and assorted elements to create a picnic, plus a buildable stream, swing (hanging from the tree), bonfire, hidden gem element, plant and bush elements, and a ladder to the cabins.
• Tree foliage features over 180 botanical elements made from plant-based polyethylene plastic using sustainably sourced sugarcane. Assorted plant elements around the tree are also made from this plant-based plastic. This is the first milestone in LEGO® Group’s ambitious commitment to make products using sustainable materials by 2030.
• Main bedroom cabin features a buildable bed, and assorted elements including hidden scissors (as a reference to the fan creator’s day job as a hairdresser), ship in a bottle, compass, clock plus a balcony with a hand-operated, wind-up crane to lift items up to the cabin.
• Bathroom features a buildable bathtub, toilet and sink.
• Kids’ room features bunk beds and assorted elements such as a book and treasure map.
• This LEGO® Ideas creative toy comes with a booklet with building instructions and information about this awesome set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
• Measures over 14” (37cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep.

Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 24th July, 2019

On 7/13/2019 at 12:05 AM, Dragunov2 said:

And u can look under the tree, cause of the technic used, the tree floats abit above the groundplate

I can confirm this, the whole tree is actually floating above the dark green plates with enough room under it to put tiles there.
So that's what I did, I have put tiles under tree so the whole tree does not 'hover' above the plates anymore.
Overall this was a challenging build as the (dark) brown and dark blue colors were very hard to see in the paper building instruction, especially at night. It would have been much better if these colors would have had a white line around them as with black. 

Also planning on integrating it in my City as closed corner modular.

Can someone with this set and a couple modulars or the Old Fishing Store take a picture to see what it looks like next to them?

i was thinking of getting it and place it next to the old fishing store. 

7 hours ago, just_one said:

Can someone with this set and a couple modulars or the Old Fishing Store take a picture to see what it looks like next to them?

i was thinking of getting it and place it next to the old fishing store. 

The TH is on my list to buy very soon so I can't help sorry. Personally though I think it's a beautiful standalone set deserving a place on its own, it doesn't really fit in with the aesthetic of the OFS (which incidentally I've "accessorised" with the Hidden Side lighthouse and fishing boat as if to prove my point here).

Has this set been retired?!

I can't find it for sale at any Australian retailer and it's listed as "sold out" on Shop at Home.

2 hours ago, 0tter said:

Has this set been retired?!

Of course not, it hasn't even been out a year. If it was retired on lego.com it would be marked as retired.

33 minutes ago, Merlict said:

Of course not, it hasn't even been out a year. 

How long do Ideas sets typically stick around?