Robert8

Treehouse - LEGO Ideas

8 hours ago, f2iso100 said:

I think it's those blue roofs that are throwing everything off. I agree that the original submission had MUCH more of a Swiss Family Robinson vibe, especially the way the rooms seemed almost to be organically part of the tree, while the re-vamped set looks like someone built a fancy treehouse in a tree. It's serviceable and looks fun to build and I'm sure it'll make a nice display, but the magic of the original is lost! 

I agree on all points.

You know, if it IS the blue roofs that are the biggest problem, those are hopefully also the easiest to fix via Bricklink. This went from a Day One buy for me to a wait-and-see-what-else-is-coming-out-this-year maybe :) 

Also, I'm curious: for those who prefer the official version to the submitted, would you guys consider yourselves fans of the 1960 "Swiss Family Robinson" movie (or have you seen this movie at all?). It's one of my personal favorites, and the nostalgia factor was high when I saw the submitted version! 

I prefer this brighter "Creator" color scheme a lot more then the darker original, I think it fits in a lot better with other themes this way (especially City/Creator 3-in-1/Creator Expert)

While the original submission does state it's partly inspired by Robinson Crusoe it never said it strictly was 100%. (unlike some other projects on IDEAS)

"The idea was emerged during a unusual week-end with friends in treehouses, such as Robinson Crusoé.  "

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

While the original submission does state it's partly inspired by Robinson Crusoe it never said it strictly was 100%.

I feel stupid asking this, but it's really bugging me - which version of the Robinson Crusoe story gave him a tree house? I don't remember the book very well, or the silent cinema version I saw several years ago, but I was sure he only had a hut on the beach and caves for the winter. 

Edited by NathanR

3 minutes ago, NathanR said:
5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I feel stupid asking this, but it's really bugging me - which version of the Robinson Crusoe story gave him a tree house? I don't remember the book very well, or the silent cinema version I saw several years ago, but I was sure he only had a hut on the beach and caves for the winter. 

I don't know either, but the Swiss Family Robinson featured a treehouse prominently.

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

While the original submission does state it's partly inspired by Robinson Crusoe it never said it strictly was 100%.

Yes but you can see that it was built using some parts of a wrecked ship.

1 hour ago, NathanR said:

I suppose people got the Tree House idea from the movie "Swiss Family Robinson" (1960)

Trailer

But even then, this other IDEAS submission comes closer to that design : 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e299db50-89bc-41e5-a69d-1f51520093e4

Edited by TeriXeri

22 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

But even then, this other IDEAS submission comes closer to that design : 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e299db50-89bc-41e5-a69d-1f51520093e4

While I think that that submission is a more literal interpretation of the treehouse in the movie, the winning submission adhered more to the spirit of the movie, at least for me! 

I can kind of understand some folks comments.  Unfortunately until we get some official images from Lego, and maybe see it in the online store, I’m going to hold on making this purchase.  I loved the idea, and hoped the final product would be super close to the original.  Looks like it’s wandered a little.  

I keep seeing pictures of people finding this set in some stores. One had a receipt showing it costing 200USD. 

Release date is August 1st, right? Do we have a VIP release or a date for the official reveal?

15 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I keep seeing pictures of people finding this set in some stores. One had a receipt showing it costing 200USD. 

Release date is August 1st, right? Do we have a VIP release or a date for the official reveal?

I’d love to know this too.  

Ooooh, this is looking prettier by the leak. Can't wait for a press release. Fingers crossed it's no more than 270CAD and (unlikely) gets an early VIP release.

I wonder if the set is being delayed a bit because of the LEGO.com VIP account issue taking longer then forseen.

My account seems to be one of those with 0 points still right now.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

Interesting picture on IdS Forum of the scale of the treehouse.

img_0999-jpg.193980

The branches on the top are not correctly placed. Fixing it would reduce the height of the model by a few centimeters.

And u can look under the tree, cause of the technic used, the tree floats abit above the groundplate

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if the set is being delayed a bit because of the LEGO.com VIP account issue taking longer then forseen.

My account seems to be one of those with 0 points still right now.

Hi, so I am not the only one with 0 points... and still have received no answer from Lego. Lost sofar a lot of points, until there back at my account.

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

I'm absolutely not interested in the set itself since 1. it's much too expensive for only a tree house and 2. it doesn't fit with its style and size in a / my City. :thumbdown:

But I really like to see that we're finally getting the big limb element in yellow - that was since long overdue! :thumbup:

Is the new limb element regular yellow or flame yellow?

There's an article over at Brickset about the set being available at SDCC.

VIP release on July 24th, IIRC. Press release should be next week?