Robert8

Treehouse - LEGO Ideas

Whoa they changed a lot from the original submission 

Not for me, but looks nice

Here I was thinking this set would be a pass for me, but seeing the finished product, I like it quite a bit more than I thought I would! The option of autumn leaves is a very nice touch, and they're made of the plant-based plastic! Seeing that, I actually kind of wonder if the opportunity for another high-profile set featuring Plants From Plants was a factor in it passing review.

4 hours ago, Akbalder said:

I think that the brighter colors make it look more childish than the original model.

Hmmm, kind of? :def_shrug: While I do like how the finalized product turned out, the allure of the original was admittedly in its deeper-toned, rustic color choices. 

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

The option of autumn leaves is a very nice touch, and they're made of the plant-based plastic! Seeing that, I actually kind of wonder if the opportunity for another high-profile set featuring Plants From Plants was a factor in it passing review.

Heh, if that were the case, perhaps @paokus's Pirate Bay could have a better chance in review based upon that reasoning! :shrug_oh_well:

6361662-Projects_in_Review.png

WOW! Lego Ideas continues to amaze me. I think the set looks brilliant. They nailed the tree aspect along with the actual house build. The changing leaves is also a nice feature. I am exited to see the interior of the rooms. Ideas sure has knocked it out of the park the last 3 years. 

I think this exceeds the original version. The colours are definitely brighter and, if you wish, more childish, but I love that and they've really improved the layout of the tree. The original submission is kind of a jumbled up mess of shapes but this has a cohesive layout; clear points where the eye is supposed to look. Upon first look, my impression is that is feels large, to me it conveys more presence than the original submission (although that could very well be due to camera angles :classic:). Don't know if I'm getting this, I think I just don't have the space for it.

Well, I much prefer the original submission with its austere colour palette. (I mean, I wouldn't buy it anyway because it doesn't have any Ewoks. A treehouse needs Ewoks!). 

19 minutes ago, Retro said:

Well, I much prefer the original submission with its austere colour palette. (I mean, I wouldn't buy it anyway because it doesn't have any Ewoks. A treehouse needs Ewoks!). 

The color palette is not as different as it looks on the box art photo. When fixing the colors, this is the result:

lego-21318-ideas-baumhaus-corrected.jpg

Nevertheless, the proportions have changed significantly so that the tree doesn't look as elegant as in the fan design anymore. 

On 7/6/2019 at 2:20 PM, GianCann said:

There is a new bright light orange leave?

I wondered that too. Hope so - I've been considering Altbricks for a while but if Lego are doing official light orange or yellow leaves I'll hold off!

The build looks nice but really I'm eyeing this up as a parts pack. Looks great from that perspective.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, legotownlinz said:

The color palette is not as different as it looks on the box art photo. When fixing the colors, this is the result:

Wow, that looks way better! Ok, this set just went up in my estimation.

2 minutes ago, Sinthoras said:

More detailed pictures can be found on promobricks' website https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ideas-21318-tree-house-detailbilder/83388.

Someone bought the set in Dreamland Belgium.

Now this set just keeps getting better and better.  Looks stunning, loads of lovely details, they've really gone Swiss Family Robinson on this treehouse. The whole thing is just pure fun.  I am definitely buying this one! :classic:

1 hour ago, NathanR said:

They've really gone Swiss Family Robinson on this treehouse.

I think that it changed from a Robinson family to just a family spending a weekend in a tree house.

Was it already a 2 dads family in the Lego Ideas model?

That's a lot of leaf elements! And yellow ones too (at last!) - fantastic!

Bought the set Today aswell in Dreamland, Veurne, Belgium. One box in stock. 

Leafs are made of plants 

2j3k1uu.jpg

2rnuhj9.jpg

Edited by Dragunov2

How much was it? Is there some explanation in the manual about the inspiration of the set? Is it linked to Robinson Crusoé ?

€199,99 here

There is just a little text why Everyone loves treehouses, then promotion for Plants from Plants

Then the page with the creator Kevin Freeser, which had an unusual weekend with friends in Robinson Crusoe-style treehouses.

Another page is about César Carvalhosa Soares, the LEGO DESIGNER.

Some pics:

t9e41w.jpg

33to50o.jpg

2vtz5zb.jpg

2ylveb4.jpg

doxlyp.jpg

2vuaonp.jpg

I think it's those blue roofs that are throwing everything off. I agree that the original submission had MUCH more of a Swiss Family Robinson vibe, especially the way the rooms seemed almost to be organically part of the tree, while the re-vamped set looks like someone built a fancy treehouse in a tree. It's serviceable and looks fun to build and I'm sure it'll make a nice display, but the magic of the original is lost! 

Ok, the increse of parts count isn't only linked to the 2nd color.

The model made by Lego is more beautiful but isn't using the same theme as the original model: Some parts of the treehouse were built with pieces of a boat. The minfigures were dressed as adventurers.

I wasn’t really into the set originally, but seeing those detail pictures & all those new color leaf pieces is starting to sway me.