Robert8

Treehouse - LEGO Ideas

The project has been approved

Congratulations to Kevin Feeser a.k.a. KevinTreeHouse for this creative design, which will officially become one of the next LEGO Ideas sets!

We're excited to see how this tree will flourish.

If you'd like to learn more about Kevin then make sure to check out their 10K Club Interview.

5784870-Fan_Model_-_Not_Final_Product_Gr

I want both of them, the Tree House and the Flintstones House. It would be fun to sneak both of them into my City layout.

Interesting. I think it could be a great stand-in for the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse / Tarzan's Treehouse found in many Disneyland theme parks.

I'll definitely be interested in checking out the final model.

I'm as suprised as everyone to see this one made it.

I wonder what are they going to do with this set, since they already had some treehouses in the creator line.

Really surprised! This is probably alongside Voltron, the big Ideas set no-one saw coming but that I might even consider buying :classic:

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder what are they going to do with this set, since they already had some treehouses in the creator line.

Obviously, just looking at the original submission, it should turn out to be much more exquisite-looking than the typical Three-In-One Creator set, hence the draw for me (and ten thousand other supporters). :wub:

Finally some news about this set thanks to www.stonewars.de

Release date: August 2019

3036 pieces

Price:  200

Day 1 buy and I haven't even seen it yet.  I was sold as soon as I saw the concept on ideas before it was approved.

This will be hitting my collection, as long as it maintains its scale and design.  Was beginning to wonder if we’d see it this year.  Glad to see its not been shelved.

10 hours ago, jus1973 said:

This will be hitting my collection, as long as it maintains its scale and design. 

The increased piece count makes me worried that they changed the scale. Hopefully its remains minifig scale. Please no second disappointment after the Jurassic Park set.

It is odd for me to see this set mentioned in the town section, because if it's minifig scale I'm putting galadriel in the middle of the thing, adding some stonework, and calling it Lorien.

Well.... Or my modular street gains a weird new neighbor. Rent got too high. The youth are living in trees now.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, corasaur said:

It is odd for me to see this set mentioned in the town section, because if it's minifig scale I'm putting galadriel in the middle of the thing, adding some stonework, and calling it Lorien.

Well.... Or my modular street gains a weird new neighbor. Rent got too high. The youth are living in trees now.

We definitely need a new generic pirate ship and some pirates who can attack the treehouse family. And maybe some ostriches they can ride.

35 minutes ago, autolycus said:

We definitely need a new generic pirate ship and some pirates who can attack the treehouse family. And maybe some ostriches they can ride.

Yep I'm in. This neighborhood gonna get weird.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:33 PM, legotownlinz said:

The increased piece count makes me worried that they changed the scale. Hopefully its remains minifig scale. Please no second disappointment after the Jurassic Park set.

I don't think we be having too much to worry about that, with the price and piece count, it for sure stick with the minifig scale. Though it looking like the original is different story.

Treehouse looks fantastic! Going to be an interesting build, and I really like the way they add in extra leaves so you can build the tree with autumnal colours! :wub:

Would love to get this set, just not sure I will have space to store or display it :sceptic:

I’m actually very disappointed with the direction LEGO went. The original submission was a beautiful “Swiss Family Robinson” style treehouse. This is just a big backyard treehouse. We’ve had a few backyard treehouses already. To me, this is a wasted opportunity and too far off of the original.

I really like this set and look forward to August. But I will add a bit of foliage.

32 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

I’m actually very disappointed with the direction LEGO went. The original submission was a beautiful “Swiss Family Robinson” style treehouse. This is just a big backyard treehouse. We’ve had a few backyard treehouses already. To me, this is a wasted opportunity and too far off of the original.

Did you mix the two submissions up? 1 and 2