Robert8

[PRESS RELEASE] 21316 - Lego Ideas Flinstones

On 2/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, Dragunov2 said:

FLINTSTONE on the mailbox instead of THE FLINTSTONES like in the cartoonAfbeeldingsresultaat voor the flintstones mailbox

That is just the title sequence though.

In the cartoon itself it says FLINTSTONE, so they are correct:

MkF5FPs.png

21 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

It’s probably because it’s already in backorder status.

But that was 2 days after I ordered.  LEGO came back to me explaining that the VIP early access for AUS/NZ has some mistake so order being accepted while there is no stock ... so I will have to wait =(

58 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

But that was 2 days after I ordered.  LEGO came back to me explaining that the VIP early access for AUS/NZ has some mistake so order being accepted while there is no stock ... so I will have to wait =(

Number 1 toy company in the world and still hasn’t figured it out. Sorry Mate!

Bought this today, I like it. Fun build, interesting parts selection and design and great minifigs.

Like others here I am disappointed that they didn't include Dino but I am guessing there are probably good reasons for that (could be to do with the cost, could be to do with the number of recolored/printed parts required to make Dino happen exceeding the limit for the set or it could be that they couldn't come up with a design that Warner was happy with that didn't need any new molds).

I doubt they would make a "new improved" version and upset the ones who bought the set already.  Sure, it would have been nice to have Dino or the record player with dinosaur, but they pretty much included most of the important stuff and it looks good.  The value of the set seems decent as well.  

5 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I doubt they would make a "new improved" version and upset the ones who bought the set already.  Sure, it would have been nice to have Dino or the record player with dinosaur, but they pretty much included most of the important stuff and it looks good.  The value of the set seems decent as well.  

The only way I would see them releasing an updated version is if the sales just aren't there and those sales relating towards people's issues with Pebbles, Bambam, and Dino being excluded from the set. The record player is small enough that its exclusion doesn't bother me but the welcome to bedrock sign, Pebbles, Bambam and Dino are 4 big things that even the original designer clearly felt important enough to needed to be included and sales could reflect the public's thoughts? Has Lego ever updated the amount of stuff in a set due to issues like that? 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:10 AM, MatthewRC said:

Um, guys? According to some LEGO Ideas user named Brickboy8102, he has been hearing rumors of a "2nd Edition" of this set. Look for his comment in this recent LEGO Ideas Blog post.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/ca88ce9b-9d80-4e9d-ad0d-d9723c7700ff

Is anyone aware of this LEGO The Flintstones Version 2 rumor?

If he keeps saying it on multiple sites, people will probably start to believe it even if not true.