Robert8

[PRESS RELEASE] 21316 - Lego Ideas Flinstones

The fabric car top was kinda a surprise and unexpected. Especially since it's kinda a new piece and the ideas project had it with a Brickbuild roof. Very interesting choice, I like it.

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The fabric car top was kinda a surprise and unexpected. Especially since it's kinda a new piece and the ideas project had it with a Brickbuild roof. Very interesting choice, I like it.

I agree I think the fabric peice looks wonderful! But I wonder if the fabric peice was created to cut down on costs, as opposed to using a large amount of unnecessary bricks on a brickbuild roof.

2 hours ago, julesvincent said:

As far as I remember, there is a 1x1 round wood tile, so you can modify the car if you wish. 

There is indeed such a tile, but I don't think it will be so easy to modify the car to use it.  Looking at the teaser video, I think the car "wheels" are 4x4 cylinder bricks with a technic axle through the centre.  The axle will pass through a technic brick in the chassis frame, and then 2x2 round bricks (capped with the 2x2 log tile) hold the whole thing together.

9 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I love the new fabric piece!  But I'm really surprised to see it.  As far as I know, the only other "new" part to appear in an Ideas set was the sonic screwdriver from the Doctor Who Tardis set, but even then the release of that Ideas set was delayed so the part could appear "first" in the Lego Dimensions Doctor Who character pack.  I'm wondering what other set the fabric roof will appear in...  

A complete picture of the box leaked to instagram (someone posted it to his story). I must say, atm I'm not that impressed that it is a day one buy. I will wait for some kind of promotion.

How Barney didn’t end up with short or medium legs is beyond explanation. Did the LEGO designers watch even one episode? Also disappointed with no Dino (no dinosaurs at all when the show was full of them, very sad) Maybe Rex from Toy Story can fill in? Not the best I know... maybe one of the early LEGO pterodactyls? Trying to convince myself to buy this set at full price. Any thoughts on how to modify and improve the look / feel of this set would be appreciated. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

How Barney didn’t end up with short or medium legs is beyond explanation.

Maybe the printing oder dual moulding didn't look good with the short legs. But in that case they should have used a cloth "skirt". Barney should definitely be smaller than the other 3, especially if the kids aren't included anyway.

It comes out next wednesday? I wasn't expecting that release date. I was expecting this set to come out in the summer. Wow! That's early!

7 hours ago, incognito said:

Barney should definitely be smaller than the other 3, especially if the kids aren't included anyway.

Agreed. Even so, the Rubble-stubble (and medium legs) would set him apart from the kids. 

To be honest the building looks a little bit flat from the front. I like the ideas version way better. I wished they would've straight up copied it. Still going to buy it, but the set is far from perfect.

1 hour ago, jimmynick said:

Is it bad when a set looks like a MOC?

Looks like a ‘bad’ MOC would be more appropriate.

The Ideas submission was so bright and fantastic. Looks like a lot has been lost in translation, when quite often, the official set improves on the submission. 

29 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Looks like a ‘bad’ MOC would be more appropriate.

The Ideas submission was so bright and fantastic. Looks like a lot has been lost in translation, when quite often, the official set improves on the submission. 

Yeah, exactly. This is what I meant. Thanks

It looks very lackluster. 

Fair enough, but I think I'll wait to pass judgment until there are more and better images available.

Now there a good pictures from the front and medium ones from the back available, I must say, I don't like the car. The roof is great with the cloth piece, but the rest looks so blocky and squared. The ideas submission was so much better when it comes to details and the wood parts on the side who keep the barrels connected.

A lot of the +750 pieces will bei tiny 1x1 plates and stones I think.

I'm really surprised to see an all-new cloth piece introduced in this LEGO Ideas set. I just checked BrickLink's inventories and it's nowhere to be found! Yabba-Dabba-Doo!!!

I really hope this set sells successfully so we could get new-mold headed variants of the four characters included. And who knows? Maybe LEGO could make sets or even a Collectible Minifigure Series based on all Hanna-Barbera intellectual properties!

A LEGO Scooby-Doo comeback would be awesome!

Edited by MatthewRC

So the television has this new printed piece with a news show that says Dino is missing. It's a funny little easter egg, but kinda a lazy way to make up for his absence. 

Then u still have the cat and the kids and the sign with the population and the possibility to flip the car like in the cartoon and the short legs of Barney

Ugh...I was really excited by this set initially. But seeing final pics has really turned me off. They've really stripped the final model down to the bare bones.

4 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Ugh...I was really excited by this set initially. But seeing final pics has really turned me off. They've really stripped the final model down to the bare bones.

I can’t find anything!!