Robert8

[PRESS RELEASE] 21316 - Lego Ideas Flinstones

The reused the Donald Duck/Daisy Duck head mold for the Deadpool Duck fig.

SDCC2017-2.jpg

They probably could reuse the other Disney parts if the wanted to. (Well probably except for Mickey)

On 10/6/2018 at 1:33 AM, MicroJow said:

They'd better add Dino! A Flintstones set without Dino would be like a Scooby Doo set without Daphne!

I second that. They HAVE to include Dino. Hopefully a molded Dino along the lines of Scooby-Doo, only in Dinosaur shape (naturally). Kids love dinosaurs. 

Can't wait for this set to arrive! :-)

I've never watched the movie, but I'm interested to see how this tures out.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

4 figures from the flint stone set have leaked! Barney, Fred, Wilma, and Betty

From the waist down that is... :shrug_confused:

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Nope the full figures are out

Alright, after a little more digging, I FOUND THEM! Looking pretty good I must say, and I'm glad they lack noses and more cartoony eyes, though both Fred and Barney each have hints of their own noses thanks to the way their stubble's printed onto their faces. :thumbup:

I know this sounds stupid but I'm starting to think the medium legs might be exclusive for the Harry Potter line (at least for now) because why in the world doesn't Barney have them?

Same with Dorothy Gale....

55 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I know this sounds stupid but I'm starting to think the medium legs might be exclusive for the Harry Potter line (at least for now) because why in the world doesn't Barney have them?

I think that's because a dual-moulded version of the medium-sized legs doesn't exist yet, which would be its own mould in a way :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Also, I find Betty and Wilma's facial expressions (the ones we've seen so far) to be quite novel, not to mention pretty adorable! :thumbup: Plus, I'm pretty sure many are going to have a lot of fun using them beyond their intended purposes, as they're fairly generic enough to use for other characters. :classic:

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm, I sure hope they don't befall the same fate Woody's/Jessie's arms and legs have... :sceptic:

I’m hoping the LEGO Ideas The Flintstones set sells successfully! If it does, then LEGO may be open to making more Hanna-Barbera sets as well as potentially bringing back Scooby-Doo!

I might be in the minority, but I think the faces look to plain and if they were on a different body you wouldn't be able to tell who they are, where as the original submissions looked perfect and you could easily tell right off that they're the Flintstones and the Rubbles.

7 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

I’m hoping the LEGO Ideas The Flintstones set sells successfully! If it does, then LEGO may be open to making more Hanna-Barbera sets as well as potentially bringing back Scooby-Doo!

Don't forget The Jetsons! :wink:

6 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I might be in the minority, but I think the faces look to plain and if they were on a different body you wouldn't be able to tell who they are, where as the original submissions looked perfect and you could easily tell right off that they're the Flintstones and the Rubbles.

But they wouldn't have fleshed well alongside other licensed characters, not to mention that their heads are much more versatile for usage outside of their intended purpose.

Pictures leaked of Flintstones minifigures. The males looks very strage without nose.

I will admit, these figs look kinda strange without the noses, but this would be the best they could do in the LEGO style. They are still recognisable, and pretty cute! If the build is as good as the submission, and the price is somewhere around $60-80NZ, I'd pick it up!

I think the figures all look really great! With two exceptions- Bettys dress colour seems like the wrong shade and Barney really needs SHORT LEGS!! :hmpf_bad: I really can’t understand why that they didn’t give short or medium legs! :sad:

Well that was fast! I honestly thought they would hold off on releasing the set until next year, which would neatly coincide with the show's 60th anniversary, but I guess they had different plans. Although I think they should've worked a little more on Fred's face, because it in no way resembles the character, save for the stubble. Barney's is a bit better, but it could also be improved. I like both women's faces though, their expressions are quite on point.

These look odd, the females definitely look better. Still I kinda like them. However I think they should have left the nose space out of there. There's even a live action version with normal faces. Scooby Doo definitely captured the animated looks better

Say, I believe that this may be the first time we've seen Emmet's hairpiece not only reused outside of its originally intended purpose, but recolored too, as both Fred and Barney don Black and Yellow recolors of it! :classic:

Fred and Barney minifigures look terrible without noses. Maybe Simpsons style 3D heads would have been a better solution.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, I believe that this may be the first time we've seen Emmet's hairpiece not only reused outside of its originally intended purpose, but recolored too, as both Fred and Barney don Black and Yellow recolors of it! :classic:

nah, it was recoloured in the DFB minifigures series

6 minutes ago, Ogist said:

Fred and Barney minifigures look terrible without noses. Maybe Simpsons style 3D heads would have been a better solution.

agreed.

10 minutes ago, Ogist said:

Ideas sets don‘t ever introduce a single new mould, let alone 4 at once :wink: I even doubt that the Simpsons D2C would have had moulded heads for the minifigs if it weren‘t for the accompanying CMF series (the Kwik-E mart the following year included Snake, sure, but that was only one new mould).

Besides, the Scooby-doo theme didn‘t need moulded heads either :classic:

14 minutes ago, Ogist said:

Maybe Simpsons style 3D heads would have been a better solution.

Hmmph, then they might as well not be minifigures. :thumbdown: :hmpf_bad:

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

nah, it was recoloured in the DFB minifigures series

Ah, alright! :classic:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Besides, the Scooby-doo theme didn‘t need moulded heads either :classic:

Exactly! :thumbup: :smug: