Anio

UCS Desert Skiff

EDIT

Professional instruction now available for sale : SCROLL DOWN !

You can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

Hi,

This won't be a crazy UCS model. But well, I had fun doing it. And I think the final result is reasonnably interesting considering the original model. So I thought it was well worth to show it to you.

Here :

31533815458_b1525034ae_b.jpgUCS Desert Skiff by Anio, sur Flickr

02.JPG

Some close up shots. I like the rear section. It was the trickiest part of the model. It had to be a stable build and as round as possible.

45047946712_05c9707342_b.jpgUCS Desert Skiff by Anio, sur Flickr

13.JPG

Of course, the plank can retract :

29.JPG

And as always, the UCS sticker :

41.JPG

It has 615 parts. I also did a video to show the model :

As I said, nothing fancy with that model. But I still like it when I compare it to the real Desert Skiff.

Edit :

FlickR gallery :

Brickshelf gallery : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=575634

Might be "nothing fancy", but this is a darn great model good sir! (As per usual)

This is awesome! I would've personally used a tiled floor though, but that's just a matter of taste. :) Any hope of instructions?

Well done. My only concern is the plank. It looks too wide, maybe only two bricks wide to narrow it. In the movie, it looks more like a brown 2 x 8 plank.

Thank you for your comments guys ! :)

4 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Any hope of instructions?

Yes, I hope we will be able to offer instructions someday.

23 minutes ago, Jollygrnreefer said:

My only concern is the plank. It looks too wide, maybe only two bricks wide to narrow it. In the movie, it looks more like a brown 2 x 8 plank.

The proportions of the plank are wrong indeed. Not because it is too wide, but because it is not long enough.

When it is out, it is 5 studs long, while it should be at least 8 studs long.

But for obvious reasons, 8 studs long is not possible.

Glad to see another one of your models, it looks great nice job! I love the use of the Jackhammer pieces at the rear too!

Decent craftsmanship here. As you said, nothing too crazy, but well done.

Btw i never realized until now, how much does the skiff look like a downscaled and stripped Sail Barge :D This model makes the similarities stand out very much since it is comparable to some sail barge models.

Although the vehical is not the most eye catching thing in the universe you sure did do well in representing it in bricks!

On 10/5/2018 at 12:53 AM, krisandkris12 said:

Btw i never realized until now, how much does the skiff look like a downscaled and stripped Sail Barge :D This model makes the similarities stand out very much since it is comparable to some sail barge models.

True.
I think it is possible to reuse the techniques of my model to build a midscale Sail Barge : the most tricky part (reproducing the right angles on the side and at the rear) is done.

The rest of the build seems pretty much straight forward. Maybe some DIY work for the sails if official sails do not work (I did that with my UCS Sail Barge, and I think I ended up with a pretty good result).

Love this MOC.  Definitely a huge step up from anything Lego has done (I think that goes for granted with your MOCs nowadays). Great detail as always and I think you can add me to the list of people who would love to see an instruction manual one day.

14 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

Love this MOC.  Definitely a huge step up from anything Lego has done (I think that goes for granted with your MOCs nowadays). Great detail as always and I think you can add me to the list of people who would love to see an instruction manual one day.

Thanks ! Well, doing a UCS MOC that looks better than an official playset is the least I can do. :D

I have no idea when the instruction is ready. I think you will have to be very patient for this one.

Thanks.

Btw, I updated the bottom. More flow.

24.JPG

26.JPG

Hello !!

The instructions for the UCS Desert Skiff are finally available !

Frousmoul did it like he did before. And so, the instruction comes with modular build, detailed steps, inventory and UCS sticker.

01.jpg

05.jpg

A few more pics : https://www.techlug.fr/instructions-lego-star-wars/ST23/P/desert-skiff-ST23-anio-2018

As always, we ask a symbolic price - 10€ - for these instructions. However, if you want to give more to encourage our work, you are welcome. :)

You can reach me by PM on EB, but also on Youtube, FlickR or Rebrickable (I also uploaded the MOC there). Or even better and simpler : email me directly at setechnic@gmail.com

If you reproduce the model, do not hesitate to share some pictures. :)

Anio