When I was making this creation I was thinking about nanotechnology, and I decided to make this spy car really small and compact, so I took an inspiration from nanotechnologies. The spy car is solved from 3 parts, each part doesn't depend on other parts very much, you can remove any part you want, without breaking the car structure. The 4 main parts are 1) main body part which contains a battery box 2) motor part with a gearbox 3) upper body structure which holds the receiver 4) Camera = GoPro HERO Session. I built a special remote controller for this car with an iPhone holder, so I can drive the car and see on the phone, what the car does. that makes this car a real spy car.

IMG_4954.jpg

the remote controller

IMG_0766.jpg

Pretty cool idea, the only problem I can see is that you have to maintain LOS for the remote to work, so you could pretty much see whatever the camera sees. 

9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Pretty cool idea, the only problem I can see is that you have to maintain LOS for the remote to work, so you could pretty much see whatever the camera sees. 

Thanks but I don't understand why its a problem? Can you better explain me?

11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

haha, you could argue that for almost any lego set. Why not just use your hand to pick up the extra Lego bits instead of the manually operated crane. I mean, your just sitting there right next to it  :grin:

1 hour ago, MangaNOID said:

haha, you could argue that for almost any lego set. Why not just use your hand to pick up the extra Lego bits instead of the manually operated crane. I mean, your just sitting there right next to it  :grin:

I agree with Johnny1360. The idea is to have a "SPY" car, therefore it would be natural not to sit next to it during operation :)

For a crane it's completely different, in real life the operators are Inside the crane to see exactely what it is doing!

Yes, that's what LEGO is about. All lego technic sets are more expensive, complicated and they work worse than cheaper not lego models. For example RC cars: You can pay a lot of money and buy some Lego RC car, but it will be never that fast and powerful as normal, cheaper RC car, for example from Wallmart.

9 hours ago, wissamms said:

I agree with Johnny1360. The idea is to have a "SPY" car, therefore it would be natural not to sit next to it during operation :)

For a crane it's completely different, in real life the operators are Inside the crane to see exactely what it is doing!

Edited by LEGO ADAM

15 hours ago, LEGO ADAM said:

Thanks but I don't understand why its a problem? Can you better explain me?

I just meant you pretty much have to be right next to the car or in the same room as the car, to operate it. So you wouldn't really be spying on anyone because they would likely be aware of your presence in the same room. Still it's a nifty little creation. 

On 10/4/2018 at 5:48 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Yeah, it really needs an SBrick... :sceptic:

7 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I just meant you pretty much have to be right next to the car or in the same room as the car, to operate it. So you wouldn't really be spying on anyone because they would likely be aware of your presence in the same room. Still it's a nifty little creation. 

Yeah I agree with Johnny.

In practical use as a 'spy car' it would be an absolute failure due to the shitty range capability of ir sensors, but I guess it does work even if hugely restricted.

It's still a good creation considering it's moderately small size.

12 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yeah, it really needs an SBrick... :sceptic:

If I use a Sbrick, I wouldn't be able to see the live video from the GoPro. If I want to see the live video and control the car I would need two iPhones:grin:

12 hours ago, MattL600 said:

Yeah I agree with Johnny.

In practical use as a 'spy car' it would be an absolute failure due to the shitty range capability of ir sensors, but I guess it does work even if hugely restricted.

It's still a good creation considering it's moderately small size.

I know, I should use Sbrick or some better RC system than Lego has. But If I use a Sbrick, I wouldn't be able to see the live video from the GoPro. If I want to see the live video and control the car I would need two iPhones:grin:

2 minutes ago, LEGO ADAM said:

If I use a Sbrick, I wouldn't be able to see the live video from the GoPro. If I want to see the live video and control the car I would need two iPhones:grin:

I know, I should use Sbrick or some better RC system than Lego has. But If I use a Sbrick, I wouldn't be able to see the live video from the GoPro. If I want to see the live video and control the car I would need two iPhones:grin:

But you can still do some pretty good spy actions with this car. For example, you can be just behind the doors of another room and spy someone, for example at the bathroom (if you are just a bit bit weird person:laugh::grin: )