Peppermint_M

Action and Adventure Themes Discussion

Recommended Posts

It's not hard to create a character using this guy. I dig the moustache.

Heck, I could characterise this guy as Samuel Thunder, father of Johnny Thunder and former colleague of Dr. Charles Lightning.

All it takes is a little imagination.:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

It's not hard to create a character using this guy. I dig the moustache.

Heck, I could characterise this guy as Samuel Thunder, father of Johnny Thunder and former colleague of Dr. Charles Lightning.

All it takes is a little imagination.:wink:

Former best friend of Baron von Barron?:poke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pooda said:

Or Sam Sinister. Or Mr. Hates. :wink:

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KotZ said:

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Yeah! They should make an updated version of him for CMF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was always Baron Von Baron to me. :grin:  

In my little flight of fancy, I took the Sam from Sam Grant, which was what I knew JT as before I visited Legoland Windsor some years later, to make the name. A Legoland Windsor that has given us an Amelia Thunder in their promotional material... 

I am a terrible trash person who writes FanFic and I can get behind this in my personal world building. One day I might inflict my Adventure Generations on everyone. :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Alongside Series 19's Jungle Explorer and the official Clutch Powers figure that Ninjago has given us this year, the latest LEGO Ideas set offers us Adventurers another figure that looks to be quite useful for its parts... :thumbup: :grin:

On 10/16/2019 at 8:22 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

One other figure I should mention that 2019 has given us which should be of interest to us fellow Adventurers is Poe Dameron from 75249 Resistance Y-Wing Starfighter, as he sports an outfit I find to be evocative of Brendan Fraser's Rick O'Connell from The Mummy... :classic:

sw1049.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Ok, need that figure and maybe a couple of it...

Besides Rick O'Connell, it should also be mentioned here that Poe's torso also kinda evokes Nathan Drake's outfit from the third Uncharted game... :shrug_oh_well:

3929118-nathan-drake-uncharted3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is a question for everyone: 

Do you want more little building contests and raffles with tags as prizes? I know some are not interested in profile tags and want real prizes, but the logistics take time that I sometimes don't have. Also, with a digital prize, digital entries are welcome. 

There are a lot of tags here in Action and Adventures that I would love to award. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something I've just noted over on the 2020 City topic that's also worth bringing up here... :wink:

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is it just me, or does the female explorer's torso print in the new Safari Explorer set evoking the Adventurers theme's Pippin Reed:shrug_oh_well:

lego-city-2020-60267-005.jpglego-city-2020-60267-006.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's something I've just noted over on the 2020 City topic that's also worth bringing up here... :wink:

You should be right! Great find! I will try to get this torso.

And with this pith helmet she will look like a modern Miss Gail Storm aka Pippin Reed: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18829pb01&idColor=2#T=C&C=2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Reader said:

And with this pith helmet she will look like a modern Miss Gail Storm aka Pippin Reed: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18829pb01&idColor=2#T=C&C=2

I had the same thought regarding that pith helmet/hairpiece, especially since the headgear's red hair would be most apt for Ms. Reed! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this will be of interest to other fellow "Adventurers" here, but next year's 76150 Spiderjet vs. Venom Mech has an awfully nice legs & torso combo off of its Spider-Man Noir figure that looks generically reusable for a Pulp Era 1930's crimefighter like The Shadow or The Green Hornet... :wink:

76150_alt6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be great torso for an adventurer (torso used by Aurore here). But I would actually change the hands to yellow ones.

(Not sure, if I am allowed to show the BL-picture. If not, please delete it.)

973pb3347c01-k.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/19/2019 at 11:21 PM, The Reader said:

Thanks for the hint. Yep, that torso is great. I'll go for it (perhaps for the whole set).

Seemingly, we unfortunately  can‘t buy her torso solo at Lego: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/service/replacementparts/sale

Upper body part 4940.png

But perhaps this is an explanation and gives us some hope.

Edited by The Reader
Added screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 8:55 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Not sure if this will be of interest to other fellow "Adventurers" here, but next year's 76150 Spiderjet vs. Venom Mech has an awfully nice legs & torso combo off of its Spider-Man Noir figure that looks generically reusable for a Pulp Era 1930's crimefighter like The Shadow or The Green Hornet... :wink:

Ooh, good idea! Throw on that red bandana from Ninjago & you have a fine looking The Shadow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Ooh, good idea! Throw on that red bandana from Ninjago & you have a fine looking The Shadow. 

Throwing in the "trenchcoat" cape from Overwatch's Reaper figure would also certainly help the look... :wink:

75972_alt3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.