Sign in to follow this  
General Magma

Fantasy Scenes by General Magma

I decided to make a topic for all of my finished (as well as future) fantasy scenes, to have a good place for all of them to go without flooding the 'Historic Themes' sub-forum.

The idea of these is that they revolve around potential events, places, characters and things in general from my fantasy world - the world I've been working on since 2015, on and off,
and, for fun, I recently decided to further the worldbuilding a bit using LEGO scenes. None of these are necessarily set in stone, worldbuilding-wise, but it's been a fun project to undertake so far
and there will be at least half a dozen more scenes from here on out! I will likely draw from these scenes for inspiration and ideas for my worldbuilding and digital art in the future,
but for now, enjoy these scenes depicting various events in medieval fantasy settings, inspired by a great cocktail-combination of franchises. Any new scenes will also be linked to from the first post.

New Horizons

30832902768_2820c1fde1_c.jpg

"And there, over the great hill's summit, beyond ruins crumbled
and trees withered, stood a tall tower at the brink of a new horizon."

A Phantom in the Dark

44992055991_e4e5c4850a_c.jpg

"Every so often at night, trails of blood were painted upon the roads of the city of Thudain, leading away into the forest and into a crevice in the sloped wall of the mountain not far beside it.
And along with every trail that came, another citizen disappeared. Many a night like this followed, and more men and women disappeared every week, increasingly so.
But none dared follow the red that belonged to their kin. Until one day, a knight in service of the king swallowed his fear like the shadows did the vanished and stole away at night,
engulfed by the black of the dungeon, lit only by his flaming torch. For long he walked, and for long he saw naught but bone and stone. 
But then, the sight of a pillar-marked entrance dawned upon him, and with it, a phantom in the dark."

The Lich
Yuhyrn the Dread Weaver

44288688554_cbd98bf5d3_c.jpg

"Liches are spellcasters who seek to defy death by magical means. A mage becomes a lich by means of necromancy,
using a magical receptacle called a Phylactery to store the lich's soul. The process is often described as requiring
the creation and consumption of a deadly potion, the Elixir of Defilation, which is to be drunk on a full moon.
They are often found at the top of the hierarchy of necromancers, and in the minds of many, they are best left to tales and myths,
for fear of their existence and deeds is rampant within certain circles, especially there where rumours of rising dead escalate.
But plenty of unlucky ones have and will come to see what truth lies behind these tales and rumours..."

The Art of Necromancy

31136593128_a46b91591e_c.jpg

"Necromancy is a practice of magic involving communication with the deceased, either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily,
for the purpose of divination, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense
to refer to black magic or witchcraft. Necromancers throughout history have been known to raise armies of the dead, gaining the ability to engage in large scale battles without the
need to regulate food sources or energy levels due to the inhuman capacities of the undead. The most powerful of all necromancers are usually mages who have attained lichdom,
and one of such liches, Yuhyrn the Dread Weaver, is known for having laid waste to entire cities, armies and, during his peak, even an entire kingdom."

Creatures of the Aochiri Swamplands

45051178031_2caf9ecfd2_b.jpg

"Mysterious are the creatures that dwell in the Aochiri Swamplands. Accounts of those who have ventured there and lived to tell the tale,
though rarely in unscathed fashion, have made the rounds for hundreds of years. They are described as commonly hooded, at times armoured,
their bright eyes glowing in the darkness of the swamps they inhabit, with lizard-like bodies that add to their ominous presence.
They appear to be primitive savages but are also said to be agile and inventive with their tools.
There are many who dispel the claims of such creatures existing, but over the years,
more and more sightings have been documented, raising the fear that, should they exist,
they may well be expanding their territory..."

Edited by General Magma

The Shadow of Equilibrium

43263141040_4e71e9e518_b.jpg

"The excess light you have brought into this world may seem to be the vanquisher of all that opposes it,
but it has only cast a larger shadow upon all things and beings. You have pushed the divine workings of equilibrium,
and in the wake of your newly brightened days, clouds blacker than night will follow."

I love the torch in the Phantom int he Dark shot! Haven't seen it done before but it looks like that's the original purpose for the part

I like the lighting and the perspective.  The build is nice especially the landscaping and the tower in the distance.  Good job.