Sign in to follow this  
General Magma

[MOC/SCENE] Creatures of the Aochiri Swamplands

Creatures of the Aochiri Swamplands
45051178031_2caf9ecfd2_b.jpg

"Mysterious are the creatures that dwell in the Aochiri Swamplands. Accounts of those who have ventured there and lived to tell the tale,
though rarely in unscathed fashion, have made the rounds for hundreds of years. They are described as commonly hooded, at times armoured,
their bright eyes glowing in the darkness of the swamps they inhabit, with lizard-like bodies that add to their ominous presence.
They appear to be primitive savages but are also said to be agile and inventive with their tools.
There are many who dispel the claims of such creatures existing, but over the years,
more and more sightings have been documented, raising the fear that, should they exist,
they may be expanding their territory..."

The fifth in my series of medieval fantasy scenes.
All effects were done through practical effects (other than the eyes).
Comments are appreciated!

~ GM

Edited by General Magma

Atmospheric photography is a weakness of mine and I love the mood you've set with these little guys. They look wonderfully ominous in the surroundings and it's just dark enough that you have to look for a long time to see all the little details, like the skeleton and the hanged man. You get more the longer you stare. I wish they had luminous eyes so the effect would be complete but I'm not sure how to get that across with practical effects. Would love to see these little guys in a high fantasy movie or a DND game.

15 minutes ago, Nick Wolfe said:

Atmospheric photography is a weakness of mine and I love the mood you've set with these little guys. They look wonderfully ominous in the surroundings and it's just dark enough that you have to look for a long time to see all the little details, like the skeleton and the hanged man. You get more the longer you stare. I wish they had luminous eyes so the effect would be complete but I'm not sure how to get that across with practical effects. Would love to see these little guys in a high fantasy movie or a DND game.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I would certainly love to see them in a movie or a game. These guys are, in fact, going to be a part of my actual fantasy world - which I've been working on, on and off, since 2015 - and I'm planning to do stories about them one day.
Not sure yet which format, likely novels, but I just decided to expand upon my world a bit using LEGO scenes so I could push the worldbuilding forward a bit. As for the eyes... good idea, took care of it immediately to complete the picture. It's pretty essential to their species (it's also in the story-based description) so after you said it, I had to fix it up. Have a look now!

~ GM

Edited by General Magma

Wow! the detail really does make a difference, the eyes look excellent! I liked how the original was entirely practical effects but the eyes really make the picture pop!