Hey there,

I wonder if anyone is interested in seeing smaller and or bigger Lego engine pieces. You know those light bluish grey engine block pieces, connecting rods and yellow piston pieces? Smaller and bigger versions of those.

Smaller versions can be used to put inside a moc built locomotive, boat or possibly a semi or even pneumatic engines.

Bigger ones could be used for huge ships or pneumatic engines.

So what do you guys think about this? I could design these things and open a bricklink store for you to buy.

Let me know, I think it's a useful idea...

8 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Hmm not sure, would like to see some prototypes, just to see how they could be implemented. 

I do not have any prototypes as of now, however I could design a prototype in my free time.

The idea is essentially to create Lego engine pieces that are smaller, which would of course mean that there are smaller axles as well to accommodate the tight spaces: a regular axle would be to big in diameter to use.

And besides smaller Lego engine pieces, bigger ones that have piston sizes of a full 3 studs wide could allow for some interesting builds. Together with a special ship hull, you could use the larger pieces to pneumatically power a minifig scale cruise ship. The only you would need electricity for is to pump the air and control the valves for the rudder and throttle. Pretty cool in my opinion.

I'll see what I can do with designing a prototype and I will get back to you when I have one.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Hmm not sure, would like to see some prototypes, just to see how they could be implemented. 

1840211592_24mmCylinder5x4Studs720p.thumb.jpg.fd4aec47222891ff3c0ddbf978483eba.jpg

I have started development this past week on these parts. I hope this render will give you enough of an idea? If not, let me know! I'll post some more images then.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Just so that everyone knows, I'm still working on them! The first prototypes have been printed a while ago, though I ran into some issues. As to be expected with the first prototypes, you learn from those little design mistakes!

Hello all,

It's been a while. But I am back. I am writing this message because I am creating a Kickstarter Project for this. I will post a link to the Kickstarter page as soon as it is ready.,